The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!!

+7
Leigh36295
Waggly Bean
Colne Crusader
chrism1066
dazzamann
minkey_monkey
Ninja Yaro
11 posters

Go down

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!! Empty Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!!

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:20 am

Grand Theft: Auto San Andreas appears set to be re-released after an Xbox 360 achievements list popped up on Xbox Achievements.

Adding weight to the rumour, the Xbox and PS2 Classics versions of San Andreas are no longer available to purchase on Xbox Live or PlayStation Store.

The game originally hit PS2 on October 26 2004, and Rockstar recently released a number of San Andreas inspired Grand Theft Auto Online Jobs to celebrate its upcoming tenth anniversary.

Rockstar has yet to officially announce GTA San Andreas for Xbox 360 or any platform as yet.

The Grand Theft Auto V release date for PS4 and Xbox One is November 18, 2014. The PC version of the game, which was originally expected to debut alongside the new-gen console versions this autumn, will be released on January 27 2015.

In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, Rockstar says players can expect numerous improvements including denser traffic, a new foliage system, enhanced damage and weather effects, plus more radio selections, with over 100 additional songs and DJ mixes.

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!! Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!!

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 am

fingers crossed

this was best of all of them in my book

viva 360

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!! Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto San Andreas OUT NOW £2.99!!!

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 am

Probably my favourite GTA, I'll definitely get this if it gets released.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7222

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

What the others have said
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 am

Never played this version, but been told good things about it, so I'll be getting it if re-released
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7176

Back to top Go down

Post  chrism1066 Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:25 am

This is awesome news!! I have bought this on all of my devices! Lol usually I would complain about spending money on the same game over and over, but this is worth it!! And achievements will make it a hundred times cooler!!
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6953

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

it has one mission where you eventually ride a motorbike onto a moving plane then end up in a shoot out before parachuting to safety

Fucking ace

For me games that stick in the memory are ones that tell a story and give you chapters of brilliance

GTA SA had that in buckets

Other games like Mafia 2 and Sleeping Dogs and some of the early Saints Row also had you hooked storywise

I enjoy feeling part of an experience rather than just a collection of short bursts of standard stuff to do

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 am

Brill news.

A small control tweak would be nice please rockstar
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Absolutely could not get into this one. The worst GTA in my opinion...
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8557

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Samuel L Jackson - 'Nuff said
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm

This is coming out on Sunday (the 26th) as part of the anniversary celebrations. Good news is that if you bought the Xbox Originals version, you don't have to pay again. It'll be available from your download history. Only issue is that it won't be compatible with your save file, so you'll lose your progress if you do go for this new version.

No mention of a control tweak, but it will run at 720p and have a greater draw distance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:45 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:This is coming out on Sunday (the 26th) as part of the anniversary celebrations. Good news is that if you bought the Xbox Originals version, you don't have to pay again. It'll be available from your download history. Only issue is that it won't be compatible with your save file, so you'll lose your progress if you do go for this new version.

No mention of a control tweak, but it will run at 720p and have a greater draw distance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cheers for the info Graham!

Looks like I'll be giving it another go then, being as XBO is how I bought it. I'm hoping that I just didn't like it because of it being an Xbox Original - every time I've played an original Xbox game on the 360 I've not really enjoyed it, generally due to glitches and screw ups. (Lack of achievements obviously didn't help either!)

Being as everyone else seems to think it's the best GTA ever, I'm hoping that was why I didn't get along with it. It was about a fiver in a sale on XBO, so if I do end up enjoying this one, maybe I'll finally get my money's worth! Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Graham I've just read the TA article you linked and I think the way it is written is misleading:

TrueAchievements wrote:
As a side note to those who may own the Xbox Originals version of San Andreas, be aware that the two versions are not compatible with one another, which means that save files will not transfer over. Owners of the Xbox Originals version still have the ability to download and play the game through their download history. 

I think they are just pointing out that you can still redownload the XBO game from your purchase history, as you can with any game that is delisted. I don't think they're saying you get the upgraded version for free, although I can see why it could be interpreted that way. Have you read that you get it free if you owned e XBO version elsewhere?

EDIT:
Rockstar's full statement:
Rockstar wrote:If you purchased the game previously, Rockstar notes: "The Games on Demand version of San Andreas is not compatible with the Xbox Originals version. Save files will not transfer from Xbox Originals. Owners of the Xbox Originals version will still have access to the old version on their consoles and through their download history, with the option to purchase the new version to experience the added features on a new save file."
Yeah so it's not free for me after all. TA pretty much butchered Rockstar's statement for no good reason. Oh well, won't be buying that then. Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:20 pm

Ahh....right.....me done not read good.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:30 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:Ahh....right.....me done not read good.
Haha, no worries. Like I said, TA didn't do the best job of explaining it to be fair!
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Don't know if this is a mistake on price but this is available now on xbox 360 for a mere £2.99!!
Link
Buy buy buy!

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 pm

nice one!

Just bought it!

REP!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 pm

Cheers Kent
Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Vivid Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Had a feeling in my water this might happen! Bought! Happy Days Very Happy
Darth Vivid
Darth Vivid
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Darth Vivid
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-16
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5625

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTLPNWyV3dwGEl7KG7xUBg

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Just bought it again, I now own this on the old xbox, the xbox originals version, pc, android and now GOD. The achievements all look fairly easy. Thank god for no 100% completion.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Leigh36295 wrote:Just bought it again, I now own this on the old xbox, the xbox originals version, pc, android and now GOD. The achievements all look fairly easy. Thank god for no 100% completion.
i knew you would be on this mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Just played a few hours of this and it seems to have some problems, frame rate drops quite a bit, audio completely cutting out during cut scenes, the radio gets half way through a song and randomly skips to another song. Overall it seems to be a fairly bad port so I can see why it was so cheap.

It's been years since I last played it so I'm still having fun with it, the controls definitely take some getting used to though.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7222

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Yeah it looks like the £2.99 price tag is deliberate, strangely. I really though Rockstar's would've milked everyone with this release!

From what I've read, rather than being the Xbox or PS2 version, this is actually a port of the mobile version (from iOS etc). As I've never played that version I don't know what the differences are, but it does sound like it's very glitchy. 

As it's so cheap, I wouldn't be surprised to see it go on Games with Gold within a year or so. And if it does, I'll grab it then. Smile
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 am

Getting errors whenever I try and get to it via the link. I'll try from the console later. Nice spot though mate. Not the biggest GTA fan, but even I can't turn my nose up at this for 3 quid.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 pm

picked this up and glad I did need to play through this as I never had the ps2 version
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum