The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers?

+5
kenyanscott
Assassin Greavz
Kev Lar 1
garymason72
ArcadeThrowback
9 posters

Go down

Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers? Empty Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers?

Post  ArcadeThrowback Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Time for one of my "Questions for Debate". This week, I''m wondering, who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers?

The Wii Motion Plus has just come out, but I honestly can't see who's going to buy it. Most of the hardcore gamers (well, people like us) have already given up on the Wii and all your typical Wii owner's don't give a crap about improved motion sensing fidelity, because they play their Wiis once every few months and usually when they're pissed.

I think Microsoft and Sony are going to have similar problems. In the case of the Xbox and The Big Black Dust Collector that plays DVD's, not many casual gamers would even buy the console, let alone additional controllers and people like us are just too skeptical about the whole thing.

Or am I talking shite?
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5976

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers? Empty Re: Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers?

Post  garymason72 Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm

at first i thought it was a terrible idea, i have a wii and it never gets played but after seeing the e3 videos of natal i quite like the look of it, not really for playing games but seeing the girl in the video navigating through the dashboard using just her hands was quite cool. i will have to see what the price is i am not gonna pay stupid money for a even lazier way of using my xbox but i am quite interested to see how it develops.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8362

Back to top Go down

Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers? Empty Re: Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers?

Post  Guest Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Tbh I've totally shunned and ignored all press releases regarding natal and the other variants of motion control because I have zero interest in it.

I will continue this stance of ignorance is bliss for as long as its humanely possible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 pm

SimonB Demented wrote:Tbh I've totally shunned and ignored all press releases regarding natal and the other variants of motion control because I have zero interest in it.

I will continue this stance of ignorance is bliss for as long as its humanely possible.
Could'nt agree with you more.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9474

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Well i'm gonna go and say I'm on the fence here, am neither here nor there with it, what will be will be, if it's going to be massive us lot in here won't make a shite of difference to it

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 am

garymason72 wrote:I will have to see what the price is i am not gonna pay stupid money for a even lazier way of using my xbox but i am quite interested to see how it develops.

I have this funny feeling it could be almost as much as an XBox Arcade, given it's supposed to be a hefty piece of kit. I'm not exactly sure what at this point, but there's talk of there being a processors and all sorts in it.

Giant Bomb has inferred there's been some skullduggery on the part of Microsoft. For example, at the private sessions with Milo they put on for the press, Brad Shoemaker said there was a guy in the corner very obviously controlling the creepy adolescent. And for their live demonstration on the Jimmy Fallon Show, everyone had to wear red jump suits. Huh?

ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Assassin Greavz Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 am

i havent got a wii as when ive played on one i got bored after an hour but with the great xbox live i think it will be better on the xbox the wii online is crap in my eyes and i think this will be great fun when you have some friends online.

your all missing the fact its being made for fun and it will be a laugh and made the xbox even more the better console that the The Big Black Dust Collector that plays DVD's i will get it if they dont rip us off
Assassin Greavz
Assassin Greavz
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Assassin Greavz
Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 5877

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:24 pm

i feel there is a litle bit of elitism towards this that says., we are above playing games where you are only having fun and anyone can join in, and this falls into that catagory.

im all for it, it will introduce more people to the console and get more people playing, and for me that can only be a good thing.

its not going to make me change what games I want to play on my console, i might just play more.
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : kenyanscott
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-05-18
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5632

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:07 pm

kenyanscott wrote:i feel there is a litle bit of elitism towards this that says., we are above playing games where you are only having fun and anyone can join in, and this falls into that catagory.

im all for it, it will introduce more people to the console and get more people playing, and for me that can only be a good thing.

its not going to make me change what games I want to play on my console, i might just play more.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but that wasn't really my intention when I started this thread. I actually think gamers are more likely to experiment than non-gamers. I'm still curious about Natal and the other solutions and I still think the Wii can be great when it gets it right (Wii Bowling, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, etc), but it's a niche of a niche, so I can't see it being as big as MS, Sony and Ninty are hoping.
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:30 pm

MDub wrote:
kenyanscott wrote:i feel there is a litle bit of elitism towards this that says., we are above playing games where you are only having fun and anyone can join in, and this falls into that catagory.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but that wasn't really my intention when I started this thread. I actually think gamers are more likely to experiment than non-gamers. I'm still curious about Natal and the other solutions and I still think the Wii can be great when it gets it right (Wii Bowling, Okami, Super Mario Galaxy, Prime 3, etc), but it's a niche of a niche, so I can't see it being as big as MS, Sony and Ninty are hoping.

sorry buddy, i didnt mean to come across as being rude or nasty when i posted that, i hope thats not how I came across.

I just feel there seems to be alot of negativity towards the motion sensing since it was officially announced and before it was announced also.

I think there is massive room for this to be welcomed into the Xbox360 catalogue and is a great way for the console to become a family console aswell as a "hardcorde" gaer console. I think your spot on though that it needs to be done right.
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  paradox Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 am

personally i'll be avoiding it like the plague, i hate the wii controllers, and tbh when i play games i do so to relax after a hard days work or whatever, not to jump around my living room like an idiot.

i think MS are leaning to far towards the "casual" market with this, you know, the very same market the wii has already captured, and i fear they'll move away from the "hardcore" of their users( by hardcore i dont mean 1337, i mean people like you and me who enjoy gears, cod, forza or whatever ) and we'll start seeing more stoopid gimmicky games incorperating this natal technology.

you an probably guess, i think its a white elephant personally and wont be suckered into thinking this is the next big thing.

paradox
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : uk paradox
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-23
TGD Reputation : 2
TGD Elite Member Points : 5471

Back to top Go down

Who's actually going to buy all the new motion controllers? Empty I might

Post  DarkGin87 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:51 am

I may buy it but

i got too much tech stuff around and i dont wana be doing kick boxing and end up putting my foot through the tv Embarassed
DarkGin87
DarkGin87
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : DarkGin87
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-06-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5472

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:03 am

paradox wrote:personally i'll be avoiding it like the plague, i hate the wii controllers, and tbh when i play games i do so to relax after a hard days work or whatever, not to jump around my living room like an idiot.

i think MS are leaning to far towards the "casual" market with this, you know, the very same market the wii has already captured, and i fear they'll move away from the "hardcore" of their users( by hardcore i dont mean 1337, i mean people like you and me who enjoy gears, cod, forza or whatever ) and we'll start seeing more stoopid gimmicky games incorperating this natal technology.

you an probably guess, i think its a white elephant personally and wont be suckered into thinking this is the next big thing.

I dont think ms are moving towards the casual gamer market too much. of course you are going to et the gimmick games bt that wont be from microsoft that will be the publishers out to cash in on the hardware.
i bet if microsoft were to bring ou an interactive version of gears or forza everyone would be over it like a rash.

i just think there is far too much comparision to he wii just now. its not even been released and its being written off. we jave to remember that its the software huses that create the games, microsoft have their own stable and they just send the hardware out to the othrs to make the games that they want to make.
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am

The Sony controller looks like a Red Tipped Black Mamba (£27.99 from Ann Summers)

And as for Natal...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll post the image properly at lunch time if I remember...
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7140

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:45 pm

View from the Boss is......................

I will avoid at all costs.

long term if this really takes off I would be gutted.

To me gaming is all about chilling on the sofa with your headset on chatting to mates or hacking and slashing thru 500+ bodies each level on Samurai Warriors 2.

At least the Wii did not exclude me (or anyone else that uses a wheelchair) as you only had to move your arms around and as a tennis player this was easy for me.
But the Natal will involve jumping around and running on the spot, so its about as much fun as steps for me!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 pm

I think it'll be a fad. There won't be any resistance for steering wheels, accelerators or anything. It will grow real old, real quick. Hands up if your wii is gathering dust?!

And to so blatantly exclude a sizeable portion of society is business suicide. How many wheelchair users will boycott other MS products? A fair few I reckon. Plus family friends...
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 pm

i dont think its excluding anyone.

i think its including other people who maybe want something different from game that the likes of us guys in this forum get from a game.

invariably people are not going to want to play it,or will be able to use it.

i just think it will bring even more gamers over to he xbox who will originally buy the console and the natal setup then start branching out and play other games, which i think can only be a good think. and on teh flip of that I think there will be other people who have maybe been slightly against the idea wh might actually enjoy playing some of the games the system has to offer.

and after all we all want to enjoy playing games, I dont think it should matter if its a controller in your hand or your dancing on the spot, as long as your having fun and its on an xbox then I think thats all that really matters in the grand scheme.

the people who still want to play gow2 or cod5 can still do that, but think of the other people we might get to meet, or join the forum or become online friends because of originally buying natal?

maybe im looking through rose tinted glasses but im not going to slam something down , when none of us really know what is is store for it just yet. thats like chastising someone before you even meet them, we have probably all done it at somepoint in our lives, but sometimes we can be wrong.
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:54 pm

WE FEAR CHANGE.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum