The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself

+6
Lighthouseman
Fatboy Geezer
minkey_monkey
dazzamann
Kev Lar 1
Ninja Yaro
10 posters

Go down

xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself Empty xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 am

Yesterday I popped the 360 on to try and get the last few ach on Midnight LA

It said I was not able to sign into live but when I ran the tests there was no issue with my connection (which there never is)

so I thought I know, I will be clever and switch on the bone, blow out the dust from the doorstep it has become, have a look on ie to see if there is a service issue with live

Bone booted fine and then I went to the ie app ad it told me I could not access it as I was not a Gold member.

Odd I thought as I have had live since day one and pay by annual sub and renewed only a month or two back

So I logged into xbox.com to see that my subscription was still live, but the site also telling me I was not gold.

Puzzled I contact m$ and got the livechat thang going with someone who went through everything but could not locate wtf was happening.

I had to remove my profile on both the bone and 360 and reload them. It then all worked not before the bone tried to flog me a gold sub that I already have.

I cannot fathom out how it could have affected the xbox.com site especially as the Microsoft account is universal for all stuff not just the live service

Anyway whilst on the site I thought I would have a look to see if anything nefarious had happened and in the list of recent activity (you can see this in billing section of m$ accounts) I saw that some cunts in a distant land have been trying to access my account but failing with the passwords

Seems that either my constant concern that the swarms of zero score twats sending me fr are as I suspect trying to lure me to gain access or my email has been on one of the lists that have been compromised by the raft of companies that have been hacked recently

Anyway changed my password again and would advise everyone to have a look on the m$ site to see if anyone is trying to access your account too

Stay vigilant folks

Back to top Go down

xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself Empty Re: xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself

Post  Ninja Yaro Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:54 am

Cheers for bringing this up mate, I just checked recent activity on the MS account page and apparently on the 17th of last month someone from the US tried to access my account several times. So I've just had to change my password.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7204

Back to top Go down

xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself Empty Re: xblive being strange for me, you might want to check youself

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

good move ninja matey

I would add that if you see a USA login at exactly the same time as your uk login on the odd occasion then that is probably not an attempted hack

but after heartbleed et al a switch of passwords is a no brainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:37 am

Nice one Everton. Just had a look myself and have had someone from the UK try getting into my account in the early hours of the morning last week when I've been on my way to work and some fucker from China has tried to access my account.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9455

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up - will check my account now
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7158

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Looks like I am ok..............so far
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Some one in China has tried mine a few times. F ers!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14194

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Guys, how do you see if people have tried to access your account?
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:38 pm

its under recent activity matey

in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

remember the us entries from near seattle are probably fine as long as the time coincides exactly with a uk log

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:07 pm

sweet, cheers dude, just checked and thankfully all ok this end from what i can see, thanks for the info and the heads up!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7456

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Cheers for the heads up. Is it obviouse on the billing if they have tried getting in ?
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9483

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:51 pm

Yes it is, I've just checked mine again, and some b*****d in China has tried accessing mine since I checked earlier....
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Yep I have seen 1 attempt in London that I did not like and 1 American , which may have been m$ themselves but I changed my password straight away.

Kent
Is there anything on the forum that could send us a reminder of the link to check activity every so often ? TGD early warning sytem . Question 
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9483

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Mine keeps saying log ins in London. But I am confused as I have just logged in now and my account says London. Maybe just a mess up in location on my iPad but I have changed password now anyway.

Thanks for the heads up
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10052

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:00 pm

stubbs you ip might not reflect your exact location

as long as the ip addy its showing is yours then you are fine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:05 pm

remember the dodgy entries are the password incorrect attempts

the successful logins are most likely you irrespective of where it shows if the ip addy is yours

Don't want to scare you all but

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

be vigilant folks

all the haxxored data out there recently means this was inevitable

change passwords often

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Didn't know you could check recent activity from MS billing  - nice find Everton!

Looks like I am all clear for now. Good job too, had enough of dealing with hacked stuff this last couple of weeks.  Evil or Very Mad
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8539

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Just for the record.......My legit logins are registered as being near London, so let that put some minds at rest a little. Just check the IP address if you can like Everton says.

Thanks for this Big E.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13368

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:12 pm

A great post this is.
Just checked my activity and I've had 2 incorrect passwords entered on the same day at the same time from poland and belarus.

I can see my log ins with the same I P address and even shows it up on a map.
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6703

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum