The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best, Worst and would like to play again

+5
Kev Lar 1
Stee01
minkey_monkey
squiddy
monders
9 posters

Go down

Best, Worst and would like to play again Empty Best, Worst and would like to play again

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:17 pm

What's the best and worst games you played on any system and what's your reasons behind your decisions

My best games has to be

Shenmue I and II
Shenmue I on Sega Saturn and Shenmue II on Xbox
These games are just brilliance, totally amazing titles, Mint games even now Best ever game I played!

My worst game is

Die Hard Nakatomi Plazza
PC
This game was utter crap, graphics so poor you couldn't make out if you was shooting a person or a wall and he didn't even say "Yippe Kai Yay Mother F*cker" Evil or Very Mad No

The games I would like to play again is

Oddworld Abe's Oddysey & Abe's Exodus
Xbox
They still kick ass

Powerstone
Sega Dreamcast
Absolutely Awesome game!

Back to top Go down

Best, Worst and would like to play again Empty Re: Best, Worst and would like to play again

Post  monders Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Best: Probably Dead Space... that poop was dark, creepy and at points full on scary.

Worst: Dead Rising. Utter f*cking shite. Or TMNT ha ha

Play Again: Possibly Mass Effect, as even though I finished, I only did about a third of the game.

Hmm, all 360 games.

My mate has a load of Dreamcast's (image to follow), and Dreamcast games so I might blag one and get stuck in to that Shenmue shizzle.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2009-03-30
TGD Reputation : 46
TGD Elite Member Points : 7140

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatnicelee/

Back to top Go down

Best, Worst and would like to play again Empty Re: Best, Worst and would like to play again

Post  squiddy Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Shenmue was indeed ace. I didn't like the sequel as much. I think I preferred the friendly village setting to the harsh Hong Kong one. That Die Hard game was indeed awful.

Also, Monders I think you've got your 'Dead' games mixed up! Wink

BEST

Resident Evil 4 - the series was dead in my eyes after RE2 but Capcom re-energised it and set the bar so high no one else (including them) have reached it since. Great graphics, great action. Loved the set-pieces (cabin siege for the win) and the bosses. Treasure collecting was great, inventory management was a game in its own right. I beat the game at least eight times over two formats.

Also;

Tenchu (PS1) - best stealth game ever. Brilliant level design as well. That's the difference between this and all the follow-ups.
Rebelstar 2 (ZX spectrum) - really simple turn-based strategy. Was £1.99 when it was released. Still the best 'Aliens' flavoured game ever.

WORST

Pro Evo 5 (onwards) - the great gameplay of the earlier games was tweaked unnecessarily whilst the lack of progression became more evident. I called the series' demise when PES5 came out and I was right. The lack of quality and invention is almost as bad as the way the Tony Hawk games went.

Also;

Shaun White Snowboarding (360) - terrible controls, design and graphics. Literally the worst example of the genre I've ever played.
Renegade 3 (Spectrum) - dismal follow-up to two great beat 'em ups.

PLAY AGAIN

If I could mind-wipe and get the impact again it'd be Resi 4, Oblivion (completed it twice and loved every second) or Freedom Fighters (squad-based shooter that I played on the PC).

squiddy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : peacesquid
Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2009-05-29
TGD Reputation : 18
TGD Elite Member Points : 5963

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Peace Squid, step in to my office...

Why?

Because you're f*cking FIRED!

Dead Space is Teh Awsum, Dead Rising is cat AIDS in game form.
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Best games

The first two Tomb Raider titles on the PS1, vast games that were challenging and rewarding. The latest TR games just don't compare to the original ones they're far too easy.

The Orange Box, arguably the best deal in the history of gaming. Half Life 2 by itself is one of the greatest FPS' of all time so to get Portal aswell as HL episodes 1 & 2 and Team Fortess is just spoiling us.

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 on the original XBOX, being a massive Star Wars fan and a fan of RPG titles this was a match made in heaven for me. Having the choice of choosing the light or the dark side was an added feature which made the first KOTOR my favourite game ever.

Worst games

Final Fantasy 8 was a big let down after the brilliance of FF7, i could never get into it and didn't even bother to complete it in the finish.

Although I love the Tomb Raider series there has been some absolute stinkers over the years. The Angel of Darkness was painful to play and left me feeling rather depressed and Tomb Raider Legend was far too combat based whilst practically holding the gamers hand through the puzzle sections.

I totally agree with Bluce regarding the Pro Evo series, all the supposedly next gen version have been anything but and Konami really have to do something to appease their ever decreasing fanbase before they all switch to FIFA. Although in saying this I'll get the yearly instalment of Pro Evo every year regardless.

Play again

Any game that I would play again would have to be an old title which was re-released and put on the 360, I couldn't imagine playing a game without achievments now it'd just be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post  squiddy Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

monders wrote:Peace Squid, step in to my office...

Why?

Because you're f*cking FIRED!

Dead Space is Teh Awsum, Dead Rising is cat AIDS in game form.

Dead Space had a lovely engine, great graphics and decent combat but I was bored halfway through and never finished it. It didn't mix things up enough for my liking. I will get back to it though.

Dead Rising was lovely. A true next-gen title. You couldnt do it on the PS2 or Xbox. It had loads of lovely touches to it. It was all in the details. The save system was a tad inflexible (it messed up two 'Saint' runs for me with maybe a quarter of the game left to go) but I persevered and got the full 1000.

squiddy
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  monders Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Well we need different opinions mate, or we'd be no better than Communists.

But that save 'system' in DR actually reduced me to tears at one point. I've never seen something so user UNfriendly. That shooty bit with that dude in the food court? Well too difficult considering I was playing the f*cker on easy!

DS had me gripped start to finish. I haven't been that immersed in a game since Bio Shock. I admit there was a fair bit of repetition that wound me up, and the defence gun sections were ridiculous (15 times to do the first one... no need). They could have dropped it from 13hrs to 7 and it would have been even better.

FFVII: Fell in love with that oooh, ten years ago. But sadly my memory card self formatted just before disc 3. I never picked up a PS One pad again. That game is my Chasing Amy story ha ha

Another turbo poop title is Predator: Concrete Jungle on PS2. Save system? Nope, not on this game! sorry!
monders
monders
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  squiddy Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:25 pm

oh man... that Predator game was terrible. I stuck with it for a while but, like all Predator games, the controls were horrendously complicated and it was too hard as well.

At this point I should admit I hated Bioshock! I completed it (didn't max it though) but they could have done so much more with it. Better plasmids and more locations (ie - not just a load of damp corridors). Also, the gawd damn sploicers looked rubbish! Music was good though.

squiddy
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:42 am

Best:
Oblivion - So immense it feels like it shall never end so good value for money - xbox 360
Eternal sonata - Pretty, good story and educational along the way - xbox360
Guitar Heroes - The first one, some ace songs and it had me hooked - PS2
Mysteries Case files - Keeps me entertained - PC and DS
Cooking mama - I'm oddly addicted - DS
Dragon Crystal - I remember spending hours of my childhood on this game - sega master system

Worse:
Excalibur 2555 A.D. - I just couldn't get into it and thought the story line was naff - PS1
Theme Park - I know alot of people loved this but it just used to piss me off for some reason therfore is a worst for me lol -PC

Would like to play again:
Dragon Crystal - sega master system
Black and white - iMAC
beautiful katamari - I just haven't been in the mood to play it for ages
FF7 & FF9 - Starting to forget the plots, would be nice to revisit them - PS1
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14213

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:07 am

I know its a pc game and you do need a very powerful pc to play it too which I aint got Sad I played Crysis at a mates house, I nearly ended up living there cause I enjoyed it so much lol. The graphics in that is awesome.
My favourite game on the Xbox360 is prob Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, I like the story and the begging of that game where you are in the ship and the screen tilt sideways cause of the ship was sinking was brilliant and feel like it was sinking. Also Bioshock that game was sweet and I would love to play it again too. I ejoyed harvesting the little sisters too much lol, I know that sounds awful lol.

I think the worst I played cause I never completed it was BulletWhich. I found it so boring.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6430

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm

Best: Fianl Fantasy VII, absolutely loved this game must of completed it dozens of times on the PS1.

Worst: Nascar 09, I normally love racing games but hated this one.

Would like to play again: Final Fantasy VII, me and my mates used to play this for hours and got really hooked on it, would love to play it again, would love to see it made for the 360.

Very Happy
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9474

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissul Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:32 pm

hm I am not sure what the best game for me. I do like the splinter cell series being a favourite.

I still have shenmue 2 for the original xbox meant to be a rare game.

worst game: starwars the force unleashed didnt like that game got boring easily it was my mates game.

chrissul
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : chrissul
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-13
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5478

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

chrissul wrote:

worst game: starwars the force unleashed didnt like that game got boring easily it was my mates game.

I found it a bit repetatvie, stopped playing after a while
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14213

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:33 pm

i loved that game, could never get tired of throwing people about with force grip, reminds me of my earlier days when i was a young.....
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6220

Back to top Go down

Post  BungholioMcOral Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 am

my fav game is zelda link to the past just for the retro appeal and puzzles.

next gen titles its got to be cod4, slick sp gameplay good graphics and sound and mp rocks when not lagging.

worst game has to be cod waw just forward expansion of cod4 with ww2 uniforms overlaid on the chracters.
BungholioMcOral
BungholioMcOral
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : BungHolioMcOral
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-06-09
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5599

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 am

Best Game: ROCKBAND2 (atm)

Worst Game: Terminator Salvation (Most recent - omg!)

Game would play again: Forbidden Siren 1 & 2 (ps2)

Back to top Go down

Post  Artois Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Best Game: World of Warcraft, it ha to be said had some fun times in there and a game what can consume my life for three years has to be doing something right, now im a recovering wow junkie who is always fightin the temptation to go back to it

Worst Game: Heretic on the PC, Hated that game, hated its drab graphics, Hated its drab storyline, hated the drab wall moss as you go down another pointless corrider. Thank gawd for quake 3 and unreal tourny came out in all there shiny goodness

Game i play again: Frontier Elite 2 on the amiga, brilliant game, could play that game again and lose half a day without even noticin
Artois
Artois
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : SmoknArtois
Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2009-01-15
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6220

Back to top Go down

Post  sillym00 Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am

i dont have a best game yet not played enough all tho i do love lips even tho i sound like a cat been strangled lol

worst game for me is gears of war simply because i keep getting poop down Sad nasty ppl in there lol ...

sillym00
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : sillym00
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-06-18
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5697

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 am

sillym00 wrote:i dont have a best game yet not played enough all tho i do love lips even tho i sound like a cat been strangled lol

worst game for me is gears of war simply because i keep getting poop down Sad nasty ppl in there lol ...

Yeah Iam not keen on multiplayer in gears cause I also get pooped to but I do love the co-op in it and horde too.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6430

Back to top Go down

Post  sillym00 Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:00 pm

lol my excuse is i only played it 4 times tho so wats urs Razz lol

sillym00
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : sillym00
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2009-06-18
TGD Reputation : 10
TGD Elite Member Points : 5697

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum