The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE.

+7
Stevilinho
Colne Crusader
Waggly Bean
Fatboy Geezer
stubbymite
Tricky34
Gabhlan
11 posters

Go down

New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE. Empty New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE.

Post  Gabhlan Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EXCITEMENT!! Rod Fergusson (@GearsViking on twitter) has announced in an interview with Major Nelson that he's coming to work on new Gears Of War title on Xbox ONE!!! More news on what exactly it'll be will be forthcoming towards the end of 2014.

Microsoft now officially own the Gears Of War franchise and he will be working for them on the new title whatever form that takes. you can listen to the interview in Major Nelson's blog post link below.

Link: Major Nelson Blog

This is what they said one Xbox Wire about Microsoft taking over the franchise.
Xbox Wire wrote:Today we're excited to announce that Microsoft Studios has acquired the rights to the “Gears of War” franchise from Epic Games, including rights to all existing and future games, entertainment experiences and merchandise. In addition, we are excited to announce that Black Tusk Studios in Vancouver, BC will take over development of the “Gears of War” franchise and that Rod Fergusson, former Director of Production at Epic Games on the “Gears of War” franchise, will join Microsoft and play a key studio leadership role at Black Tusk on the development of the franchise going forward.

They've also reassured fans that the game will be built on the same engine technology as previous titles.
Xbox Wire wrote:Epic remains great partners and good friends of Microsoft Studios.  In fact we will collaborate closely with Epic to ensure the inclusion of the Unreal Engine technology into the “Gears of War” franchise going forward remains consistent with the high quality fans have come to expect from the franchise
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8140

Back to top Go down

New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE. Empty Re: New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE.

Post  Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Hurrah.
Doubley excited that none of the Cunts involved in making judgement are nowhere near this project. What do we know about black tusk anyways?

Back to top Go down

New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE. Empty Re: New Gears of Wars coming to Xbox ONE.

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Next gen Gears ftw. Hallefookinlujah.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:11 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10059

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:58 pm

After having a look, they used to be Microsoft Vancouver Studios, cant see a lot that they have made/released to be honest, but they changed their name to Black Tusk in 2012 saying they are working on microsofts next big release
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7463

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:00 pm

Markav wrote:What do we know about black tusk anyways?
Well this was what they put together for an E3 tech demo. Other then that not much scratch

Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8140

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

One thing that worries me
Microtransactions of War

Brace yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Markav wrote:
Microtransactions of War

or meh for short lol

Was hoping for rather more than the 5th and 6th and in EAs case 23456275 billionth reincarnations of same franchises with next gen

Its all COD 8 Fifa 14 Borza 5 and now GOW 5 with Halo 7 turning up later

Am not saying they are not good games (well with borza maybe I am saying that) but I was rather hoping for summat fresh

I can see a game having a couple of good sequels, but when it reaches 4 or 5 I do find the games have less and less soul

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:03 pm

It had to happen sooner rather than later. Will look forward to seeing what happens with this! Wink
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8546

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Waggly Bean wrote:It had to happen sooner rather than later. Will look forward to seeing what happens with this! Wink

you can actually play this now

Get your copy of gow 1 2 or 3 and put it in your 360

Then smear a tub of grease over your tv so that everything in the game looks a bit blurry

Play the game for a week

Then remove the grease and polish the screen and play the game again

It will look really crystal clear

Or just wait for release which will be same game with shinier graphics in 18 months-2 years

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21 pm

lol at Waggles.

I for one am excited for more Gears universe story and perhaps with the power of xbox one, abandoned cars will actually look half decent at last, instead of looking like ps2 graphics! Yeay!!!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13375

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm

big gears fan so i am excited for this for sure Very Happy 

hopefully with it beinng next gen it will look all purdy
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5411

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:15 pm

Markav wrote:
Doubley excited that none of the Cunts involved in making judgement are nowhere near this project.

Except for Rod Ferguson, he was working on Judgement before he left Epic, pretty sure a lot of the changes in Judgement were his ideas lol. I just hope he's aware of how shit that game was and decides to use Gears 3 as a starting point for this new project.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7211

Back to top Go down

Post  mosher666 Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 am

Fuck yeah, i cant wait

as people know i am a massive gears fan, so this is gonna be awesome
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6759

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am

Ninja Yaro wrote:
Markav wrote:
Doubley excited that none of the Cunts involved in making judgement are nowhere near this project.

Except for Rod Ferguson, he was working on Judgement before he left Epic, pretty sure a lot of the changes in Judgement were his ideas lol. I just hope he's aware of how shit that game was and decides to use Gears 3 as a starting point for this new project.
I think thats a little harsh on Rod. He was "director of production" for gears judgement which made him nothing more than a whip cracker to hit deadlines. He is back to being the producer like he was on gears 2 and 3. Sure he made some bad calls on 2 but I still enjoyed it. I just think he let's creative staff roll with an idea, sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't. Ideas like cog vs cog in multiplayer for example:a shit idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Everton wrote:

or meh for short lol

Was hoping for rather more than the 5th and 6th and in EAs case 23456275 billionth reincarnations of same franchises with next gen

Its all COD 8  Fifa 14 Borza 5 and now GOW 5 with Halo 7 turning up later

Am not saying they are not good games (well  with borza maybe I am saying that) but I was rather hoping for summat fresh

I can see a game having a couple of good sequels, but when it reaches 4 or 5 I do find the games have less and less soul

Maybe they will do a HD remaster of gears 1  Razz 
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9068

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Ba5sett wrote:
Everton wrote:

or meh for short lol

Its all COD 8  Fifa 14 Borza 5 and now GOW 5 with Halo 7 turning up later

Am not saying they are not good games (well  with borza maybe I am saying that) but I was rather hoping for summat fresh

Maybe they will do a HD remaster of gears 1  Razz 
Well its the ten year anniversary for gears one in a few years so maybe they will.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

There is always RAMBO to fall back on.  Neutral 
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9490

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:07 pm

I'd be interested in a Gears 1 HD Remaster. As long as they added some extra content to the story, and used a more up to date engine for the multiplayer. I'm not paying £50/60 just for it to look prettier.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum