The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned

2 posters

Go down

Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned Empty Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:27 am

Microsoft chief product officer Marc Whitten has said that some major updates are on the way for Xbox One, designed to address Xbox One user interface and Xbox Live issues.

Speaking to Engadget, Whitten addressed the feedback Microsoft has received regarding Xbox One, saying, “The feedback we’ve gotten is pretty valid.”

“Some of the social stuff is hidden or harder to use than it was on the Xbox 360. So you’re gonna see us come out with an update where, well, we’re going to fix those things.

“As a person who’s been pretty involved in building Xbox Live for the last decade, I take it pretty seriously when people say it’s harder to get into a party, and the defaults aren’t right, and I don’t like the model.

“So what I’m trying to do with the team is kind of theme some stuff up. Let’s take an update and really go through a big list of what we’re hearing from customers, what we know is broken with the architecture, areas that we want to improve or complete.

“I think that’s a theme you’ll really see us push on — that Live experience.”

Meanwhile, direct Twitch broadcasting on Xbox One is still a few months off yet. “There is no ETA at this time from Microsoft. Expect a few more months. If we know sooner, we’ll update,” tweeted a Twitch representative.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned Empty Re: Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned

Post  Guest Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 pm

you would have thought they might have considered all these things before launch lol

fingers crossed they get it sorted

for me next gen = current gen - games - functionality + extra clicks needed

Spring is starting to look much more promising if we get the os update along with the proper next gen titles starting

Back to top Go down

Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned Empty Re: Major Xbox One UI and XBL Functionality Updates Planned

Post  Gabhlan Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm

I think it's only the old foggies having trouble. Like trying to teach your grandparents how to use a VCR for the first time.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8149

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Gabhlan wrote:I think it's only the old foggies having trouble. Like trying to teach your grandparents how to use a VCR for the first time.

No mate, everyone with any sense thinks the UI is total shit and worse than 360
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 pm

A yes you mean you remember back in the good ol days when you just had two buttons to press Razz
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8149

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:40 pm

I used to like comparing achievements with friends or quickly pressing the guide button to see what I unlocked.

Those were the days.  Very Happy 
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum