The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN

4 posters

Go down

Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN Empty Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Activision’s Marvel titles has been removed from a number of digital distribution hubs, including Xbox Live, PSN and Steam.

Among the games to disappear are Deadpool, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man: Edge of Time, X-Men: The Official Game, X-Men Destiny and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

No reason has been given for the removal of these titles. All Activision has said on the subject is that they were made unavailable at the end of 2013. The obvious reason is that Activision’s license agreement with Marvel has come to an end, but that’s purely speculation.

The news may also may add some weight to a story that popped up over the Christmas break, in which someone claiming to be a former artist on Deadpool suggested that working conditions on the game were less than great.

“We had a couple of weeks were we crunched pretty aggressively on Deadpool,” said 'wester' on the Polycount forums. “Having Activision cut and cut and CUT just took its tole on so many of us.

“For a studio to demand that we do mandatory overtime for a project and then keep cutting so much time and money from it was ridiculous. At about halfway into development we were told that we weren't even aiming very high in terms of score.

“Can you imagine working on a game where your higher ups say ‘yeah we're shooting for a 64 or lower’ and then have them give you mandatory overtime?

“Btw I'm not shit talking the game. These are just facts. I hate that people find that they can't talk about these sorts of things out of fear of being ‘blacklisted’ or whatever. These kinds of business practices shouldn't happen period. The reward for doing overtime, is knowing that you're contributing to a damn good game, people are going to love and be inspired by what you do, good reviews and the FAIR possibility of bonuses.”

It’s an interesting claim. If Activision knew that the game would be removed from sales within just a few months of release (Deadpool came out in June 2013), then it may explain why the publisher’s aspirations for the title were so low.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25622

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN Empty Re: Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN

Post  Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Less temptation to buy them now they wont pop up in sales again.

Back to top Go down

Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN Empty Re: Activision Marvel Titles Removed from Xbox Live & PSN

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Played them all, apart from Deadpool....which I just got as part of the XBL sales.

This is the future with digital stuff though....especially with licenced titles. At least with physical media, you've always got the chance to track a second hand copy of a game down. No such luck if it's digital only.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11085

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Its a shame when titles are removed.

I'm glad i got Sega Rally and Outrun online arcade before they went
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13374

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Its a shame when titles are removed.

I'm glad i got Sega Rally and Outrun online arcade before they went

I'm glad I got Outrun too.

Sega Rally... I can take it or leave it.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8545

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum