The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-(

4 posters

Go down

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-( Empty Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-(

Post  KENT HAMMER Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 am

Although I am looking forward to this game, my fears are coming true and I don't think the leap to next gen is going to be big enough in terms of graphics for a long while yet. Hopefully things will improve when they get used to the tech. Just compare COD2 to COD Ghosts on XBOX 360 to see the advances they make in time.

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps

Josh Bridge, executive producer, Capcom Vancouver

Dead Rising 3 has suffered high-profile performance issues since E3. How have you improved the game in the months since?

Josh Bridge: Well, first I'm really proud to say we were running on hardware at E3. We had the kits there and we were running it behind closed doors for press. I was really proud, and I had no shame in saying this is where we're at - this is preview code. Ever since then, and it was happening during that time, content needs to be completed, and then optimisation is the focus. And that's what happened - you've seen it through E3, through Gamescom, through now - the frame-rate's been going up and up. And now we're at locked 30 - and that's just been purely the effort of all aspects of the team, the engineering team and our team all trying to optimise. And that's always what happens as the last step of the development of a product.

"The Xbox One hardware hasn't really changed. The evolution has been on the software, and the core drivers that drive that hardware."
Josh Bridge, executive producer, Capcom Vancouver
How much has changed with the Xbox One hardware during development?

Josh Bridge: Apart from the clockspeed boost that was announced was after E3 - no the hardware hasn't really changed. The evolution has been on the software, and the core drivers that drive that hardware, and that's where a lot of the communication goes back and forth on iterating and improving to make our game more efficient on new tools they give us, or areas we see maybe we can have some help where they can do certain things on their software level.

What native resolution is Dead Rising 3?

Josh Bridge: 720p. And I'm really happy with that, with the sheer amount of stuff we have in an open world game locked at 30fps, that's just brilliant. Of course our UI (user interface) runs at 1080 native on top, but no, we're a 720p game locked at 30fps.

Did you ever want 1080p native?

Josh Bridge: It was not really something we actually set as a mantra. When we first started there was no platform, it was PC and we were just targeting next-gen, and 1080, even before then we thought it'd be prohibitive to even consider that, because essentially you have to do everything twice, which is just massive when you think of it. It's more important that the end image looks awesome - look at how much stuff is on screen, that's always been a Dead Rising sort of brand. That still looks really good, and that's been our goal. I hope it shows - just look at how much insane stuff is going on screen.

How hard has it been getting to 720/30 on Xbox One?

Josh Bridge: It's been... Outside of infancy - every new platform launch, I've now learnt - it's always infancy on tools, and that's the back and forth with tools improving. It's very similar to a PC development environment, so that's been really cool. Happy to not be cross-platform, to be honest - it's a huge challenge for a game like ours. We have to do very specific things with memory allocation and drivers to get our stuff running, and in the past it was like wow, it made our teams quite a bit larger having multiple leads.

I feel sorry for the cross-gen devs!

Josh Bridge: Oh yeah. We couldn't have done this on last-gen. Absolutely not. We tried, believe me we tried to figure out not to have load screens, but we couldn't. There's no way we could stream the amount of content fast enough. It hit a load screen every time.

So where else is that next-gen difference? What else is there you couldn't have done last time out?

Josh Bridge: Well, it's scale. The load screens isn't a bullet point that any gamers are going to be like 'sweet! No load screens!' It's the scale, and the world size - Dead Rising 1 and 2 fit into 3 several times. It's also the depth - where before we'd tell artists not to go there because we don't have the memory or resources, now we're like please go there. Go into that detail. For the designers, it's like can you make the weapon system more interesting and deep. It's the depth and breadth that we've been able to blow out that's just been huge for us.

"You don't happen your way into 1080p, it doesn't matter how much power you have. You plan it from the beginning."
Dan Greenawalt, creative director, Turn 10
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25623

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-( Empty Re: Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-(

Post  Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm

You have to appreciate that all the launch games have been developed with launch date deadlines in mind. COD ghosts the pefect example. No way are they going to miss out on the Christmas rush because they want to spend extra time with the new tech. This is where Ubisoft should be applauded for pushing back watchdogs.

Back to top Go down

Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-( Empty Re: Dead Rising 3: 720p/30fps NOT 1080p 8-(

Post  Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:20 pm

720p does not equal bad or last gen

the early reports I have on dr3 are very very positive

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:33 pm

You can't expect any title to use the full potential of the new hardware for a long time. Release date deadlines, and hardware/software updates must make developing a launch title a nightmare.

But how would you feel if EVERY developer decided to push back the release dates to finish off their games. Brand new console and no games, sounds worse to me, than the first batch of games running at a lower resolution or frame rate.

The games will be huge, and will look great regardless. And they will get better, as the developers catch up.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13293

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Couldn't agree more Tricky, you are right. It takes balls for a developer to push back a game in most cases. But you have to look out for the "snakes in the grass" like EA and activision, releasing games with shit loads of problems and then updating with patches at later dates. I hope I am wrong but we will soon see. Battlefield 4 on ps4 and xbone will not be all sunshine and rainbows.It is full of problems on PC and current gen consoles so don't expect next gen tech to be any different, fucking EA servers. The amount of times I have reset my 360 because of server crashes so far has been loads! There are guns that don't work, hit detection is sometimes off. No amount of showing off at game expo's and xbone tours can show the problems that this game will have when millions go online to play it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

It's all gonna be sweet! Imagine the improvement over the last seven years on current gen! I'm sure it'll be the same this time. It always has on every gen I can think of. I couldn't believe what Thalamus squeezed out of the C64 towards the end of it's life.....
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13375

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:37 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:It's all gonna be sweet! Imagine the improvement over the last seven years on current gen! I'm sure it'll be the same this time. It always has on every gen I can think of. I couldn't believe what Thalamus squeezed out of the C64 towards the end of it's life.....

agreed

its like the wii

at the start there was just a Mario and Zelda game and then years later at the end they made a Zelda and Mario game

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Everton wrote:
Colne Crusader wrote:It's all gonna be sweet! Imagine the improvement over the last seven years on current gen! I'm sure it'll be the same this time. It always has on every gen I can think of. I couldn't believe what Thalamus squeezed out of the C64 towards the end of it's life.....
agreed

its like the wii

at the start there was just a Mario and Zelda game and then years later at the end they made a Zelda and Mario game

yeah but this time you can play as peach!! ;-)
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13375

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:45 am

It will be a fantastic game regardless of the amount of pixels. If you complete the game, you will get the Mega man costume. Complete the game on nightmare you will get mega buster.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6418

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum