The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it

4 posters

Go down

Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it Empty Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

Interesting post over on euro gamer today: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Personally I. Not bothered, if guys prefers their characters to be unrealistic I couldn't give a rats bottom. That's games for you, they have been like this for ages. As long as a game plays well and has a good story line I don't care what my character looks like. But do you?

Does it bother you if a character is realistic? Would you pick an unrealistic character build over a realistic one! Does it get on your nerves (whether is be male or female) if the character is portrayed in a manner you know wouldn't work if this was a real life situation?

Discuss! (Or don't...)
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it Empty Re: Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it

Post  Guest Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:35 pm

I think all gamer avatars should be either rugged and hung like a horse if they are male or long legged large busted beauties if female

I have to put up with enough fuggliness in my real life. Last this I was when I game or watch tv is to be reminded of the munters that surround me

Back to top Go down

Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it Empty Re: Female soldiers in warfare are unrealistic and sexualised because the community want it

Post  stubbymite Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:34 pm

i think for me its more about getting a character that fits with the surroundings.

I mean some are reeally good characters like drake in unchartered great example he looks the part and plays great

But then in turn you can get some absolute corkers like naughty bear I mean how does a bear running round with a knife appeal to people no wonder it panned Smile 
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down

Post  harry haddack Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm not to bothered about what the character looks like.
It can add to the enjoyment of the game if the character looks the part for the game that is being played.
how about Lara Croft how many times have you thought great tits? The bird in GOW judgement great arse?

How about the choice of being able to choose from different characters.
harry haddack
harry haddack
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : harry haddack
Number of posts : 998
Registration date : 2009-01-17
TGD Reputation : 17
TGD Elite Member Points : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:46 pm

harry haddack wrote:I'm not to bothered about what the character looks like.
It can add to the enjoyment of the game if the character looks the part for the game that is being played.
how about Lara Croft how many times have you thought great tits? The bird in GOW judgement great arse?

Good point, but also a perfect example of females being sexualised for gaming and unrealistic!

Again it really doesn't bother me, just interested in others thoughts.

I like the option to have the choice. I love the option games like saints row give you to fully choose your character, from heing to age to body etc. that way there is a character to suit all!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:15 pm

How can I not appreciate the trouble Hideo Kojima has gone to getting Stephanie Joosten ti play "Quiet" in the new Metal Gear Solid??

The snake is most definitely "solid"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:

Good point, but also a perfect example of females being sexualised for gaming and unrealistic!

I like the option to have the choice. I love the option games like saints row give you to fully choose your character, from heing to age to body etc. that way there is a character to suit all!
yeah minkey but in Saints Row all I ever do is max out the characters bust size and make them run around in just a g string
Might try it with the female character too one day

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:37 pm

Everton wrote:
minkey_monkey wrote:

yeah minkey but in Saints Row all I ever do is max out the characters bust size and make them run around in just a g string
Might try it with the female character too one day
Lmao, but the point is each gamer has the option to do what they want with the character. So those who moan that characters are over sexualised wouldn't be able to because if they were, it is there fault really
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys as I never use female characters. However I do think that you should have the choice though, leads to an interesting debate about why.

The point in the eurogamer article was good, whichever way you look at it, gaming is a very male dominated market and is sexualised, I personally don't care what differences there are but apparently a large majority of gamers do, probably due to the fact that they either are pre-pubescent teenagers or more scarily older guys that don't have a life outside of it, still live with their parents and spend all their free time sat in their pants playing computer games!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7457

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum