The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!!

5 posters

Go down

Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!! Empty Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!!

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:49 am

SEGA has slapped a price and release date on its remake of Disney Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse for the PlayStation Network, with a special EU pre-order incentive.

Boasting all-new HD visuals and gameplay, Castle of Illusion will be heading to PSN in September, pitting Mickey Mouse against the minions of the evil witch Mizrabel, who's holding Minnie Mouse captive in the eponymous castle.

Pre-order the game exclusively from the PSN in Europe between August 21st and September 3rd, and you can bag an emulated download of the original SEGA Mega Drive version of Castle of Illusion, alongside an exclusive dynamic theme and three avatars.

Or you could buy it on XBOX and get no extras at all. Wink 

Mickey will take on possessed toys, brave enchanted forests and wind his way through labyrinths built from living books when Disney Castle of Illusion launchs on the PlayStation Store on September 4th for £9.99/€12.99/$14.99USD.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13824
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25612

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!! Empty Re: Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!!

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:
Pre-order the game exclusively from the PSN in Europe between August 21st and September 3rd, and you can bag an emulated download of the original SEGA Mega Drive version of Castle of Illusion, alongside an exclusive dynamic theme and three avatars.

Or you could buy it on XBOX and get no extras at all. Wink 
Annoying, because I'd still rather have it on 360. And I'd rather have achievements over trophies...

I think it'll still have to be a 360 buy.
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8536

Back to top Go down

Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!! Empty Re: Disney Castle of Illusion better to buy on Playstation shock!!

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:12 pm

For the record I also prefer achievements and 360 over PSN.

But this has swung me as will be great to play the original on PS3 too for free and get the Dynamic theme and avatars!

I can't resist.

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Well since I don't have a PS3 my choice is simples.

And do I feel cheated? Not really, as I usually find the original versions aren't as good as you remember them being.

Last edited by Tricky34 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13282

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Tricky34 wrote:Well since I don't have a PS3 my choice is simples.

And do I feel cheated? Not really, as I usually find the original versions aren't as good as you remember them being.
So your just getting the sample version then mate?

But what if you enjoy the demo? then what will you do?
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Stupid fooking Surface autocorrect. Edited now.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7254
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13282

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Tricky34 wrote:Stupid fooking Surface autocorrect. Edited now.
You mean you edited out the comedy! Sad 
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm

So this is released tommorrow.
I am almost too scared to play it in case it ruins a cherished childhood gaming memory Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:20 pm

See! You guys need to have awesome retro collections like me and Waggles. I have the original cart so it ain't a problem to me to just buy the xbox version! YEAY! cheers 

It better be good this new version!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13365

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:See! You guys need to have awesome retro collections like me and Waggles. I have the original cart so it ain't a problem to me to just buy the xbox version! YEAY! cheers
I have the original too. I might even have it on two different formats, I'm not 100% sure though! Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8536

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:22 am

I [picked it up anyway, as looking for games my boy can play when he comes to visit so between that and Rayman 3 on deal should be sorted!! I wish they'd remake world of illusion though, that game was one of my fondest memories of the megadrive
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11925

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:25 am

As a fan, and someone who's completed the original about 6 trillion times, i'm enjoying this. There's a lot of love gone into re-creating many of the game's best moments, and a lot of the music and ditties are there too. There's also a lot of extra depth added to the environs and boss fights. On the other hand, i'm a bit dis-appointed with the handling. It is very very loose and sensitive and at first I lost a lot of health and lives from missing platforms and enemies and the 3D bits can be hard to judge depth of field. You get used to it though, and part of it could be the fact that I've played the original that much that it's hard to adjust when you find yourself in a familiar area but with different physics.  I would recommend this to fans however; you'll find a lot to enjoy here, but it's probably not the best game ever in it's own right. I've nearly finished the campaign, but i'm hoping there's some extra stuff involved as there's an achievement for collecting Donald Duck's chillies or something, and I have no idea what that's about at the moment.

If like Mark, you loved the original, but haven't played it for years, I reckon there's plenty of good nostalgia here to bring the memories flooding back.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 am

Cheers for the mini review chap

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:34 am

Welcome!

It was meant to be a quick line to say I liked it, and I've ended up with a review! Damn! Very Happy
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 am

nice work Colne matey

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:56 am

Aye I fully agree the jumping takes a while to get used to, but it is quite enjoyable, I don't remember ever playing the original but it definitely has that old school game feel, then again between this and Rocket Knight I think I'm having an old school run at the moment!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11925

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum