The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Gen

2 posters

Go down

Next Gen Empty Next Gen

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:08 pm

A brand new xbox is being released around 2010 - 2012, Unnoficially named but rumoured to be Xbox720.

Microsoft have been in talks with Intel as per the internals of the new xbox and there is rumours that it may not be backwards compatible
also may include new controllers similar to the Wii, all unoficial as of yet but I will keep you updated as more news is released.

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Empty Re: Next Gen

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 pm

What is your source for this info??

there is no way they will ignore this gen and I am certain they will 100% keep the gamertag and achievement points system.
If it only has wii like controllers what will happen to all us hardcore gamers who think the wii is just a gamecube with crap controls?
Sony would be rubbing there hands if any of this was true.
I for one will ony ever put up with a normal gamepad control system.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:What is your source for this info??

there is no way they will ignore this gen and I am certain they will 100% keep the gamertag and achievement points system.
If it only has wii like controllers what will happen to all us hardcore gamers who think the wii is just a gamecube with crap controls?
Sony would be rubbing there hands if any of this was true.
I for one will ony ever put up with a normal gamepad control system.

I agree Kent. If they do make a new console I hope they don't go down the wii route with the controllers, and they would want to keep xbox gamers happy, by also keeping the gamertag and achievement system. There's not much they really need to change.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9474

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:46 pm

It'll be closer to 2012 than 2010, thats for sure. Microsoft are not about to rush release a console on the back of the shambles they made of the 360, 3 red lights anyone.

They have the upperhand as regards the platform wars, so there is no need to rush a release until the PS3 starts to gain momentum, which ain't going to happen anytime soon.

The motion controller, (probably to be announced on monday) will only be a secondary peripheral, mush like a Lips mic, or a GH Guitar, and will never replace the standard controller. But it will give microsoft a chance to target certain groups, like they have been trying to do with the arcade, pro and elite SKU's. So expect to see a family friendly SKU with say Lips and some motion controlled game thrown in. And we will still have the elite which will have all the bells and whistles thrown in.

They are not about to alienate the hardcore gamers, which pay for LIVE, which is their bread and butter money at the end of the day.

And they will carry over the achievements, why slap the hand the feeds you?

All the above is not from any site, its just common sense, plus i listen to/read an awfull lot of game's news.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:What is your source for this info??

This is my Source mate

* " * Q: Do you want to be first with the next one, too?
A: Too early to tell. Our view is we will be selling Xbox 360 for a long time. We are always working on new technologies. We have people working on those. People ask me how many people I have working on the next generation. On the one hand, it’s everybody. On the other, it’s nobody. People are continuously working on new technology.

Q: What’s the planning cycle?
A: We start thinking about the next generation before we shipped the Xbox 360. It doesn’t start with a date. It starts way upstream with silicon development. From that comes a series of data points. You start making early technology choices. It’s an evolving thing. Stuff doesn’t become concrete until you get inside a window of when you have to ship, more than 18 months or so out. " * "

Taken from the above page in an Interview with Robbie Bach (Head of entertainment for Microsoft (Robert J. Bach, commonly known as Robbie Bach, is the President of Entertainment & Devices Division at Microsoft. He leads the division that is responsible for the Xbox, Xbox 360, Zune, Windows Games, Windows Mobile and the Microsoft TV platform. (Taken from Wikipedia) Robbie Bach

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:34 pm

The interview is nearly a year old, thats why most of the stuff sounded odd. He didn't mention xbox 720 or any dates, that was just in the comments section.

Interview with Microsoft’s Robbie Bach, part 2, on Xbox 360
Dean Takahashi | June 13th, 2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 pm

I did find some of the info from another source but unfortuntely at this time i cannot recall said source, but will scoure the net to rediscover aformentioned source to fully update you all with where I am gaining my information even if it is relatively old now, Will try and find a more recent source to see if it coincides with the information I have currently found.

Anarchy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum