The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pretty crap weekend!

4 posters

Go down

pretty crap weekend! Empty pretty crap weekend!

Post  kenyanscott Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 am

so the story goes:

I go buy burnout paradise from a nice little shop near me, I get home my fiancee and her mate are going to a hen night dressed as tinkebell and Alice in wonderland.
So on my way home I decide to myself (okay my mate had came with me to perv over alice in wonderland, it was worth it to be fair and he heped me decide), that I would buy a wireless headset for my xbox.

so gets back to the house and i plays burnout paradise all night, headset was charging and everything in the world was fine!

I get up on sunday morning, next to a very hungover finanee, and decides that I'll play burnout for a bit and check out the new wireless headset.

this is where it all goes wrong :-(

headset wont turn on, and when it does the lights are going mental and cant decide what the want to do, and it wont charge either!
so i put my wired headset in, and load up burnout, what happens, it gets to the menu page and then decides to say that the disk is dirty and it wont load u, and to finish it all off!!
my mrs who is tryin to be helpful decides to try and put the headset charger in hte usb and breaks my frony usb protection panel, well its came off and I still have the spring and panel, I just dont know who to put it back on.

so not a great day!

thanksfully microsoft are going to send me a replacement cause I called them about it, and I need to take the game back to the shop todayand get a replacement for it.
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : kenyanscott
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-05-18
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5632

Back to top Go down

pretty crap weekend! Empty Re: pretty crap weekend!

Post  palindromic BOB Mon May 25, 2009 10:31 am

Ouch. The headset sound like it's doing what it does when turn on and not synced to the xbox. You do it the same way as you sync a controller. Press teh sync button on the box then the red button on the mouthpiece of the headset and it should then light up on the number one setting.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6794

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon May 25, 2009 11:17 am

forget that, where are the hen night pics! Wink
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Mon May 25, 2009 11:30 am

sorry to trump you story scott, but i woke up saturday morning to the sound of the Wolverine game landing on my doorstep, so excited i put it in my xbox played for about an hour then the screen started going all weird so i switched my xbox off and on again, to my suprise it never came back on just showed me the all too familiar 'system error E73' and RROD, so maybe you should count yourself lucky that your xbox is still working.

bad luck about the headset by the way
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8362

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 am

With the headset, try what Bob suggested. The sync button is the one with the curved lines on the inside near the lights. Try giving burnout a quick clean and checking for scratches etc. Sometimes your console thinks a game's dirty for no reason, I've had it before and it's usually just a one off. Hopefully that sorts it out. Smile

Oh and the wireless headsets are notorious for dying quickly. If it's not charging (no lights coming on) and it won't turn on at all, take it back asap. Happens all the time unfortunately, I've had one do that to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  kenyanscott Mon May 25, 2009 8:10 pm

well some updates!

the photos are on facebook! haha ill try and get some links.

the headset is totally goosed for some reason ive tried the sync problem with tech support at microsoft they dont even know whats wrong with it.

burnout paradise - oh this one is a belter and its all my own fault, i tilted my xbox while it was on with the game on it yesterday. I laser burned the disk!!! so big lesson learned there!
kenyanscott
kenyanscott
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : kenyanscott
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-05-18
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5632

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 pm

kenyanscott wrote:well some updates!

the photos are on facebook! haha ill try and get some links.

the headset is totally goosed for some reason ive tried the sync problem with tech support at microsoft they dont even know whats wrong with it.

burnout paradise - oh this one is a belter and its all my own fault, i tilted my xbox while it was on with the game on it yesterday. I laser burned the disk!!! so big lesson learned there!

Join our facebook group mate, can post the pics on the gamerscore addicts page there.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum