The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alien Spidy

4 posters

Go down

Alien Spidy Empty Alien Spidy

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Alien Spidy Aliens11

Developer: Enigma Software

Publisher: Kalypso Media

Price: 800MSP

Kalypso Media's Alien Spidy, a digital action-adventure game starring a swinging alien spider, for Xbox LIVE. A colorful 2D platformer with an adorable alien spider whose space ship has crash landed on Earth. In order to escape, Spidy must rescue his female companion, Virgi, and collect the lost parts of his craft. Alien Spidy’s unique web-swinging mechanics and beautifully illustrated environments make the game accessible to gamers of all ages, but it’s the game’s increasingly tough levels that are likely to engage hardcore players.

With more than 60 levels and three distinct landscapes This is a game with a seriously old school difficulty if it is to be mastered as the difficulty of scoring high on even the earliest levels require absolute perfection in the quickest time possible.

You play as spidy and use his spidy abilities to spring a web and swing through the levels. You’ll also come across special items that allow you to go under water in a bubble or to jump high over other obstacles. As you progress through each level you’ll be collecting coins and putting together scoring streaks – the more coins you collect in a row, the higher your score will be. A high score is what this game is all about and you are graded on your overall performance. You’ll want to do the best you can to get through a level as quickly as possible. You’ll lose points if you take too much time and you’ll certainly lose points when you die. I say certainly because you wil die a LOT!

I have had a serious challenge just getting the required two stars out of five on every level in the first set of levels in "the forest" just to progress to the next location!

This game is good fun, but there were moments in the game where I wanted to throw my controller while shouting bullsh** at the tv,it certainly got frustrating, the most annoying thing is when you try to replay a level to better your score it takes you to a loading screen to add to the frustration grrr. It gave me a great challenge and the game pretty much knows that you are going to fail a lot. The fact that the game counts the number of respawns and that you get negative score for doing so, shows that it’s going to happen a lot. The trick, of course, is going to be challenging yourself to perfect a level and get the highest score possible to have on your online leaderboards.It’s easy to pick up and play,but you are going to be in for quite the challenge. Thankfully, the game seems to have an addictive quality that kept bringing me back for more and wanting to get better at some of my favorite levels. If I ever get through to the end of the game I will be well pleased with that, nevermind five starring every level!! Its not that I can blame the game controls, its me that can't do it (yet) Wasn't it the developers of the notoriuosly difficult"dark souls" that said "Our game is not broken, its the gamers who are broken" Nodding to all the linear, easy to complete games we have had this generation.

This game I would recommend to lovers of hardcore 2D platformers.
If you are challenging friends to a high score and you crush their score, you’ll have every reason to brag about that because crushing a high score in this game will be an impressive accomplishment for you – that’s how challenging this game is.

Alien Spidy Alien-10

However, if you you are looking for that next completion then this game will not be for the faint of hearts. This is no easy or quick max completion. The achievement for "Alien god": Score five stars on every level is not for mere mortals, good luck I say!

Overall a lot of fun, addictive but bloody frustrating and maybe leading to tedium for some

6.5/10

Back to top Go down

Alien Spidy Empty Re: Alien Spidy

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Good work matey!

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Nice review, looks like a game I would enjoy.

Kind of Super Meat Boy meets Spider Jack... Very Happy
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8540

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:04 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:Good work matey!

Cheers Kent Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 pm

Greaqt review MArkav, may well pick this up some time in the future I do like a challenge
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Tenlo wrote:Greaqt review MArkav, may well pick this up some time in the future I do like a challenge
Thanks for the tip off Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Nicely described young Mark! I quite fancy having a bash on this at some point! Might have to wait a while though. Sad
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content