The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crysis 3

+5
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
KENT HAMMER
TreeMunky
Waggly Bean
Riled Wolf
9 posters

Go down

Crysis 3 Empty Crysis 3

Post  Riled Wolf Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Crysis 3 Crysis10

When Crysis was released back in 2007 it set the benchmark in terms of what was possible with games and is still used as a measure of quality now. With Crysis 3 being a multi format title can it measure up to the standard of its predecessor?

Crysis 3 takes place several decades after Crysis 2 and is set once again in the shattered remains of New York which now looks and feels more like a real jungle than a concrete one after having been left mostly abandoned for so long. We also get to see some interesting character from the original Crysis return Prophet and Psycho and given what happens to prophet in the 2nd game it leaves you starting the new game feeling there are a lot of question that need answering.

Crysis 3 Xbox-310 Crysis 3 11b9ea10

Crysis 3 does deliver with that as well as bringing a lot of new elements to the story it also helps tie up the loose ends from the first and second game which is good as there were a few. It also brings in some good new game play elements such as the predator bow for killing while in stealth mode. Hacking door locks, mines, turrets and more are also an interesting way of getting you to interact with the environment more and can alter the way you play and the routes you take when playing on larger and less linear designed maps.

Crysis 3 Crysis11

The story has a greater depth than previous games due to the fact you get to discover more about the characters and their relationships with each other and you get to see more interaction between the ncp’s and all these interactions add up making the world feel more real. The story is also shorter for this outing but with the story they have it makes sense if the game was any longer it would probably stop making as much sense and it’s still more than long enough to keep most people happy
The single player also now lets you customise the suit by picking up Nano suit upgrade kits you can select different abilities that will help you on your missions. The fact that your suit has evolved and changed with the alien DNA you collected in Crysis 2 now means you can pick up and use Alien weaponry to devastating effect.

The multiplayer has been improved over the previous 2 games as well with new game modes and an increase over the lag-fest performance of Crysis 2 it is now much more enjoyable. The over the top multiplayer achievements from Crysis 2 have also gone and they seem a much more manageable affair this time as the most time consuming one can be done in about a day.

Crysis 3 Zucr810

There are some good new game modes added the best of which is hunter mode where a couple of hunters (suited players in permanent stealth mode) and armed only with a bow have to kill cell players (non suited players with a selection of weapons loadouts) once a person playing as cell is killed they then change to the hunter team and join the hunt for the remaining cell team. All of the other game modes have been brought over from Crysis 2 and with 12 maps to play on there is more than enough to keep you coming back online.

The achievements seem fairly well balanced with the usual suspect showing up in the form of complete the game on set difficulties, collect all of something and rank up online there are a few achievements that do promote creative play styles that might get you to attempt to do things in the game you might otherwise have missed. Overall the achievements are fairly easy and most people should be able to max this game without too much difficulty.

Crysis 3 Crysis12

Crysis 3 is a good improvement in terms of visual quality and story over Crysis 2 and though there are still a few bugs in the programming it’s well worthy of the Crysis name in terms of its all round quality. It ties up allot of the loose ends in the Crysis story and is a game I would highly recommend if you enjoyed either of the previous games.

9 / 10
Riled Wolf
Riled Wolf
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Riled Wolf
Number of posts : 1460
Registration date : 2010-05-15
TGD Reputation : 138
TGD Elite Member Points : 7272

Back to top Go down

Crysis 3 Empty Re: Crysis 3

Post  Waggly Bean Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Nice review, sounds like a very solid game. I have yet to experience a Crysis game, but do have Crysis 2 sitting in my cupboard. Perhaps I should start it as my next game... Smile
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8540

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:12 am

Nice review fella. Like WB I've not played any of the Crysis games looks like a should give them a go Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6686

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 am

Good work mate
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 am

Great review Riled
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6171

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 am

Great review mate, I enjoyed Crysis 2 so may give this a go
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Nice review there. I got a spare digital code for Crysis 1 if anybody wants it, just let me know and I'll send it to you.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6412

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm

Stee01 wrote:Nice review there. I got a spare digital code for Crysis 1 if anybody wants it, just let me know and I'll send it to you.
Thats very generous to offer, kudos to you sir. Somebody will have it I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Stee01 wrote:Nice review there. I got a spare digital code for Crysis 1 if anybody wants it, just let me know and I'll send it to you.

Well I've never played any of the Crisis games, so wouldn't mind trying it out mate.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Tricky34 wrote:

Well I've never played any of the Crisis games, so wouldn't mind trying it out mate.
Sent it in you inbox on here. Enjoy it, not bad game for over 10 years old.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:23 pm

Cheers mate, its currently downloading.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13287

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Wow, nice.

The generousity on this site never ceases to amaze me. Very Happy
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Very kind gesture stee! santa
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah I do like to give more than I do receiving Wink yeah I did end up with two copies of crysis 3 ( i pre ordered mine and somebody got a copy for my bday). So I got two digital code for Crysis 1, but I dont know I should give the second copy away or give it to one of the moderators for the compition section of the website. I sleep on it tonight Razz I also got 3 free ea games for the Ipad or Iphone which is Mass Effect: Infiltrator, Fifa 13 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted but I dont own an Ipad or Iphone if anybody want them.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Stee01 wrote:Yeah I do like to give more than I do receiving Wink yeah I did end up with two copies of crysis 3 ( i pre ordered mine and somebody got a copy for my bday). So I got two digital code for Crysis 1, but I dont know I should give the second copy away or give it to one of the moderators for the compition section of the website. I sleep on it tonight Razz I also got 3 free ea games for the Ipad or Iphone which is Mass Effect: Infiltrator, Fifa 13 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted but I dont own an Ipad or Iphone if anybody want them.

I'd say lump the next one in for a compo if you're not planning on using it yourself. Maybe the same with the iOS ones? Nothing like a good competition! Very Happy

Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content