The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest gaming disappointment..?

+2
kinmad4it
Stucowie
6 posters

Go down

Biggest gaming disappointment..? Empty Biggest gaming disappointment..?

Post  Stucowie Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:15 am

I get asked a lot by people at work, whats my fave game and thats a tough one to answer really as there's so many but it got me thinking, what game have I been looking forward to so much that it inevitably falls flat on its arse?

I guess number 1 on that list would be PES2013... Over the course of PES2010/2011/2012 I have easily spent over 500 hours online with my brother (We play online against the AI ... FIFA WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NOT HAVE THIS FUNCTION..) anyway, PES2013 has totally removed the function to play online against the AI unless your doing "local" co-op and this has totally ruined the series for me... I love the gameplay in PES over FIFA but now I feel I cannot go back to PES because of this debacle!

Anyway, Same question to you guys - What have you been looking forward to a lot, which turns out to be shite..?
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6022

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Biggest gaming disappointment..? Empty Re: Biggest gaming disappointment..?

Post  kinmad4it Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:27 am

I think my biggest disappointments have to be the last two Aliens games. I know I haven't played the latest yet so shouldn't really judge, but from what I've read and been told it's an insult to the franchise.

These are games that I have such high hopes for as the films are just awesome, yet always get let down and feel cheated.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7463

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 am

for me the biggest let down is when you find a glitch or a shit bit of programming that spoils an otherwise good game

For example in Beyond Good/Evil you cannot change/ invert the controls and they have the horizontal ones backwards...totally fucks the game

Batman Ark Asy where you lose the entire progress due to some piss poor save routine failure

I find it staggering that folks would go to the trouble of making a great game only to fuck it for the want of some quality control

Biggest non glitchy/fuckery game series for me is the Forza one. Great visuals and all that but no soul. Its just pointless lap after lap with long load times. Real shame cos if you could marry the visuals of Forza say the racing of Grid then you would end up with a fabulous game

Oh and the NFS franchise never fails to let you down with its fucking rubber banding

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 am

I'd agree with Everton. In that it's more a bug that would let me down. Like Borderlands-2 Badass Rank/Golden Key reset which tuned me off enough that I stopped playing and have not had the major urge to go back even after they fixed it.

I've not really been let down by anything from the outset hugely, even the new aliens while not top notch has plenty of fun to be had in it with Co-Op etc... Loved AVP even though it's multiplayer matchmaking sucked and there was no decent Co-Op. Duke was another ballache but had it's good spots too, like some of the hunmour. I'll usually find something to enjoy in most games.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8138

Back to top Go down

Post  Waggly Bean Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Stucowie wrote:What have you been looking forward to a lot, which turns out to be shite..?

Dead Rising 1. Looked great, was actually a complete bollock-ache of a game. Why not make me go miles out of my way to go to a toilet before I can save my game? Why not make the controls stupidly clunky and slow? Why not make some of the psychos insanely hard to kill? I also really dislike the timer mechanic the game has - it puts you in a massive area that you just want to explore, but nope you have to get somewhere quick or else it's game over for you.

Then

Dead Rising 2. It's better, it has co-op! Yes, stupid co-op where I have to keep my save on a memory card for it to not kick the other player out of the game every time I want to save. We are also both the same bloke! Would it have been difficult to put in a second character? Razz

Strangely enough I really enjoyed Case Zero. Rolling Eyes
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8544

Back to top Go down

Post  Lighthouseman Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:07 am

The medal of honor series was ace, but since they went all modern , it just does'nt compete with Battlefield. They promise alot but never deliver. I would like to see them go back to WW2 .
Lighthouseman
Lighthouseman
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : lighthouseman
Number of posts : 3356
Registration date : 2009-06-19
TGD Reputation : 44
TGD Elite Member Points : 9488

http://Howard.miller@symingtons.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 am

kinmad4it wrote:I think my biggest disappointments have to be the last two Aliens games. I know I haven't played the latest yet so shouldn't really judge, but from what I've read and been told it's an insult to the franchise.

These are games that I have such high hopes for as the films are just awesome, yet always get let down and feel cheated.

Totally agree, if you look at the development time and source material Aliens Colonial Marines should have been the greatest shooter ever. No

I had high hopes for Homefront as well, looked like a sequel of sorts to Freedom Fighters, one of the best PS2 games, and turned out to be utter shite, with broken multiplayer servers and an incredibly short campaign.
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6699

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 am

Having raved about it as a concept and having been initially very impressed with the tech, I feel now that Kinect has been a big let down. Not as bad as the utterly dreadful Move on the Pissy3 but terrible none the less. I guess my room shape or colour or whatever did not really fit in with the tech as it was so flaky for me. The fact that I did not replace it when it was stolen shows that I classed it in the same league as the constatune cunt wii fuck u.

Lets hope if the 720 has this tech built in then its had a large upgrade.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum