The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA wants more micro transactions in future games

+2
Tricky34
Waggly Bean
6 posters

Go down

EA wants more micro transactions in future games Empty EA wants more micro transactions in future games

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

EA has announced that its embedding micro-transactions into all of its PC and console games in the future.

"The next and much bigger piece [of the business] is microtransactions within games," chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen said, speaking at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference.

"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, either to get to a higher level to buy a new character, to buy a truck, a gun, whatever it might be.

"Consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business."

It's a move that has certainly helped the company on mobile devices, with The excellent Simpsons Tapped Out performing much better than anyone could have expected. In this respect, money talks and it will continue to do so for EA in the future, whether that's on console or elsewhere.

"Without a doubt, you're going to see more digital business and particularly more digital components of the gameplay allowed because the ease of it will be much better and the storage capability better," Jorgensen concluded."

This all started with FIFA ultimate team. I bet some people spent more on that than the cost of the game in the firstplace! They will be selling guns in the next battlefield game I reckon. I am not against this idea but the game should cheaper or free to play in the first place. If a game is full price it shouldn't charge extra for in game content.

Back to top Go down

EA wants more micro transactions in future games Empty Re: EA wants more micro transactions in future games

Post  Waggly Bean Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Sounds like typical EA, milking the gamers dry as usual. Razz
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8547

Back to top Go down

EA wants more micro transactions in future games Empty Re: EA wants more micro transactions in future games

Post  Tricky34 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:08 pm

As long as all the games are maxxable without paying extra for stuff.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13294

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 pm

I agree with Tricky, this is all well and good, but the game must still be completable without extra purchases,

EA really are piss takers!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6178

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 pm

I must admit, I've spent sooooooo much money on Fifa ultimate team its not even funny... Over the last 3 or so years I have easily spent about £400 on card packs, and I would say maybe 1 in every 40-50 packs I get a high 80+ rated player or a team of the week/year card...

I have no problems with micro transactions in games as long as it doesnt require it to finish the game as others have said..

If people are stupid enough (me...) to pay for things in a game, then its up to them...
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6025

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:58 am

As long as the game is not the bare bones with them or there is an alternate way to earn them I don't care.

I've spent a little, but probably no more than 1600 MS points on packs in Mass effect since it's been out. And as all the multiplayer DLC was free the money spent was more of a thank you to Bioware for all the DLC I would have had to pay for without these packs rather then actually needing to buy them as I play it often enough to earn pack credits in game. The free DLC also made me much more willing to fork out the money for the single player DLC, as it's kept me interested and playing the game. I'll be buying the new one in March as soon as it's out.

For Gears-3 and all the weapon skins I never even bought one. You got plenty in the game and I'd already paid for the DLC so felt they were as wasteful avatar items which I've spent under 500 MS points on too.

Never bothered with any of those rubbish fast track thing in battlefield either. Gives you something to aim for unlocking them even if it completely unbalances the multiplayer in the favour the tryhards.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8141

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Cucking Funts!!

They'll slowly dilute the release games so you're pretty much forced to use their wonderous new micro transaction bollocks to get any decent gameplay. It may well be all fine and dandy right now and all they do is speed up game progression, but eventually they'll be the only way to progress.
There really is no level these wankers wont stoop to for their love of the almighty profit.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum