The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details.

+2
Ba5sett
Gabhlan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details. Empty Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details.

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm going to use this thread to post up the Weekend Operation details for Mass Effect-3 Multiplayer each week, as I'm on it most nights anyway and have been completing these every weekend since I started playing it except one I missed when Bordlands-2 (before it reset my Badass Rank on me) first came out. Maybe it'll encourage some of you to join me or at worst increase my post count here Smile I usually do the operation on Friday evening, as I play Gears-3 on Saturday nights.

Bioware used to run the events every second weekend but after the last update in October they have been on every weekend. The idea is that you complete an individual goal and are then awarded a commendation pack, which contains one of five weapons, which can only be gained through the Operations. The pack is available to you free in the store as soon as you have completed the Operations Goal. From time to time they may also add a Community Goal which might net the community a reward like the ability to carry an extra Med-Gel in multiplayer matches. They also have special events, which can reward you with a Banner to display against your name in the multiplayer lobbies and packs to boost your consumable item supplies.

Below I've listed the weapons you can gain through participating in operations, which are generally some of the better weapons in the game on a par with the Ultra rare class available.

N7 Hurricane SMG
Description:
While some militaries pass on the Hurricane because of its lower accuracy, the Alliance feels the gun's rapid firing rate offers excellent suppressive fire. A disciplined marksman can use the fully automatic submachine gun to chew through targets with alarming speed. Alliance officers were so pleased with field results that the Hurricane is now many squadrons' standard-issue SMG.

Review:
The cons of this gun are a lot of recoil when firing and it eats through its ammo very quickly. The good thing is that it also eats through enemies quickly and is by far the most powerful SMG you can get. It's particularly effective against bosses as they are big targets so the recoil doesn't matter as much. Against other enemies (unless you've got a stability mod on) it's best to hip fire or you'll struggle to hit anything not standing in front of you. You can also counter a lot of the recoil by pulling down on you're right tumbstick while firing zoomed.

N7 Eagle Pistol
Description:
When the Alliance's Offensive Handgun Project received funding to update one of its designs, its engineers chose to redesign the already impressive Phalanx pistol. The Eagle is a compact, fully automatic pistol that delivers unprecedented accuracy and punch with a rapid firing rate. The Eagle is named after the Desert Eagle, a classic handgun which gained a romantic reputation among gun collectors, thanks to its popularity in 20th and 21st-century Earth action movies.

Review:
There is a little recoil when firing the Eagle but it's easily manageable. There are more powerful pistols available than the but this is the only one that has rapid fire. It's also reasonably light so while it isn't the best pistol you'll find in the game its a good all rounder and outperforms almost everything bar the Utrarare pistols like the Talon and Scorpion.

N7 Crusader Shotgun
Description:
Bruised and bloody Alliance marines on Torfan attributed their survival against waves of Batarian mercenaries to the precision and stopping power of the Crusader. With a design patterned on riot shotguns, this weapon has a moderate rate of fire that rewards careful aiming. Since this accuracy requires little room for error, the Crusader is primarily used by highly trained soldiers.

Review:
This gun has a big kick but isn't rapid fire so it's not a huge issue. It's weight is also huge which restricts the classes it can be used on without badly effecting their power recharge speeds. The plus side is that it's as accurate as a sniper rifle and packs a huge punch easily headshotting enemies across the map in a couple of shots even on higher difficulties. The main thing is to try to put it on a class that doesn't use many powers like a soldier or maybe one of the infiltrators. Turian's work well as they have extra stability built in to their power options, which helps with the recoil.

N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle
Description:
After the carnage of the Battle of the Citadel, Alliance officers commissioned a new rifle for their ground forces. A variation of the popular Avenger Design, the Valkyrie is now standard issue for new recruits. Exceptionally well-crafted, accurate, and packing ample firepower, the rifle is a hot black-market item when it surfaces.

Review:
Weight is the main con of this gun meaning it can't easily be equipped on characters with heavy power use. It also has a little recoil but it's very easy to manage as it only fires in short bursts. On the plus side even at a low level this gun pack a good punch with a fast fire rate. It will out perform most of the other assault rifles even if they're already level ten. It's not quite as great as the best assault rifle the Ultrarare Cerberus Harrier, but it comes very close.

N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle
Description:
The Valiant is a sniper rifle tested by Alliance soldiers during a series of harsh survival exercises on the planet Kruljaven. This streamlined weapon employs a sophisticated fire-control system that improves accuracy by stabilizing the barrel during targeting. Although this comes at the cost of reduced capacity and rate of fire, most soldiers find the increase in precision and quick reloading time a worthy tradeoff.

Review:
This gun doesn't have a lot of cons and is the most desired of the commendation weapons. Even at level one I'd class it as the best of the sniper rifles available in the game. It's devastatingly powerful on an infiltrator, as it has a three shot magazine and all three shots fire quickly enough to benefit from the cloaks damage boost. It has only minor recoil too and reloads faster then the Ultrarare Black Widow, which would be its only rival.

Last edited by Gabhlan on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8142

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details. Empty Re: Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details.

Post  Ba5sett Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks for the heads up mate I (finally) completed the single player on this earlier this week but haven't tried the multiplayer yet
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9070

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details. Empty Re: Mass Effect-3: Weekend Operation Details.

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:53 pm

OPERATION GENESIS

Operation GENESIS (Jan 11th@18:00 - 13th)

Event Description:
Casualties and battle fatigue have worn down some of our best units. We are cycling out soldiers whose tours of duty have been hyperextended and substituting fresh troops from human colonies. Experienced commanders are expected to stay on duty, maintain unit cohesion, and hold new recruits to N7 standards.

Individual Goal:
Extract twice, once as a base male human and once as a base female human (Adept, Engineer, Infiltrator, Sentinel, Soldier, or Vanguard classes) on any map at any difficulty.

Reward:
Commendation Pack

This is the first Operation back after BioWare's Christmas break. This is a very simple one even if you've never tried the multiplayer before, as you'll have the human characters required by default. It's probably their way of easing all the Christmas Noob's who've just picked up the game over the holidays into the operations and how they work.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Great post mate. I may pop on later tonight after I watch How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. Love the multiplayer.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9464

Back to top Go down

Post  vyper9 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 pm

i will be on later
vyper9
vyper9
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : VYPER9
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-03-03
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post  Jevil Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:23 pm

I should come on this too at some point, haven't played the multiplayer in quite some time, if enough of us are gonna play it. Maybe we can get a wee party going? Razz
Jevil
Jevil
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jevil Badger
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-02-25
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4784

https://www.youtube.com/user/MageJevil

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 pm

OPERATION GERONIMO

Operation GERONIMO (Jan 18th@18:00 - 20th)

Event Description:
Reaper units are identifying and targeting our team medics. To counter, we are increasing training in battlefield medicine for all N7 soldiers, regardless of specialty. By ensuring each soldier can deliver emergency care, we will confuse and frustrate the Reapers into abandoning their strategy.

Individual Goal:
Earn any first aid medal on any map at any difficulty.

Reward:
Commendation Pack
This is the first objective they had for a while that involves team play. I guess you can expect everyone to be running to your aid when you go down this weekend.

To get the First Aid medal you will need to revive at least five people in a single match. Infiltrators are good at this as you can run to and revive people while cloaked. You do de-cloak after the revival though so don't stick around.

I've got a Halo match at 21:30 tonight but will probably be on Mass Effect after it and maybe even before it if people need a hand with this.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 pm

I should be around tonight to have a go at this.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 am

OPERATION BALLISTIC

Operation BALLISTIC (Jan 25th@18:00 - 27th@17:00)

Event Description:
Recon has new estimates on the number of Reaper creatures, and the news is dire. Each of you must inflict as many casualties as possible, and we must destroy husk-creation mechanisms like Dragon’s Teeth. If we fail to accomplish this, we will be even more outnumbered in the coming days.

Individual Goal:
Earn any gold weapon medal (Assault Rifle/Heavy Pistol/Shotgun/Sniper Rifle/Submachine Gun).

Reward:
Commendation Pack
To get a gold medal with a gun you need to get 75 kills with the weapon. This one would probably be easy enough to do in a solo bronze match rather then with four people sharing all the kills. Or stick on you best weapon with some amps and bring the pain.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 pm

That sounds quite an easy one. Will jump on soon and get that done.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 pm

OPERATION FIRESTORM

Operation FIRESTORM (Feb 1st@18:00 - 3rd@17:00)

Event Description:
The Reapers have changed their tactics in an effort to prevent us from whittling them down. As they conquer rural areas, their fighting groups are fewer but larger, making them more difficult to assail. Accordingly, we are hitting them in the cities to deliver as much damage as possible before evacuation.

Individual Goal:
Earn the “Killstreak 3” squad medal. (As a squad, kill 5 enemies together 3 separate times.)

Reward:
Commendation Pack
Another Friday another mission to help save the galaxy. For this one "Nuke 'em from orbit" it's the only way to be sure Laughing

A nice team objective for a change. The easiest way to get this is to missile the spawn, when the enemies first appear (fish in a barrel). Killstreak's count for everyone no mater who gets it so the more team mates you have for this challenge the better, as you'll need three during a single match for the Gold Kilstreak Medal.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 am

Cheers. Will try that at the weekend.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 am

OPERATION NIGHTFALL

Operation: NIGHTFALL (Feb 8th@18:00 - 10th@17:00)

Event Description:
Our concentration on Reapers and Cerberus forces has allowed Reaper-controlled Geth to flourish in pockets outside of the Perseus Veil. Our Quarian-led and Quarian-advised forces will be the key to terminating a Geth offensive before it gains ground.

Individual Goal:
Playing as any Quarian kit, earn 50,000 points versus Geth troopers.

Reward:
Commendation Pack
All about kicking robotic ass this week. Simple enough goal assuming you've got a Quarian that is. There's plenty of them availible though with two Infiltrators, Two Engineers and the Quarian Soldier Markman.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Saw this online the other day. Will try and do this today or tomorrow. I would like to see an operation that awards you a banner after completing it or an operation that requires a Global goal, but I still enjoy this challenges.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:43 pm

If I see you online Gabhlan I'll join in if that's alright. Enjoyed it loads last time we played.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6694

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:53 am

OPERATION TRIBUTE

Operation: TRIBUTE (Feb 22nd@18:00 - 24th@17:00)

Event Description:
A surprise Reaper assault inflicted deeply-felt casualties on our N7 teams and interrupted supply lines to several worlds. Many units will have to rely on standard-issue sidearms and munitions. We must honor and avenge our comrades who fell – and let the Reapers know this was a mistake, not a victory.

Individual Goal: (Two objectives are required)
1) Earn 50,000 points using the M-8 Avenger.

2) Earn 50,000 points using Inferno Grenades.

Reward:
Commendation Pack and a special tribute banner
This one could present a problem for new players, as while the Avenger will be readily available to anyone. Inferno grenades are only carried by the Batarian or Krogan Soldier. So unless you have one of these two characters you're out of luck this week.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:28 pm

I believe this challenge is a tribute for Robin Sachs who done the voice for Zaeed Massani.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah I only realised this after spotting it on the Bioware Blog.

Bioware wrote:
REMEMBERING ROBIN SACHS
POSTED ON FEBRUARY 6, 2013 BY BIOWARE
It is with great sadness this week that we learned about the passing of our friend Robin Sachs. Robin was a talented actor best known by BioWare fans as the voice actor who played Zaeed Massani in the Mass Effect series.

Robin also played Lord Pyral Harrowmont in Dragon Age Origins, Admiral Saul Karath in Knights of the Old Republic and had many memorable roles in games, film and television.

Our thoughts are with Robin’s family and friends during this difficult time, and we thank him for bringing Zaeed to life in the way that only Robin could.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

i will be up for some mass effect action, as i have the game but dont really play it that much.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Your more than welcome to join us. There are a few of us that are on during the weekend. So keep an eye out for the Weekend Operation thread that Gablan posts on every week.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 am

ok thanks i will keep an eye out

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:45 am

OPERATION IMPACT

Operation IMPACT (March 1st@18:00 - 3rd@17:00)

Event Description:
Recent losses have prompted us to incorporate troop reinforcements from unorthodox sources. These teammates were selected for their insight into anti-Reaper tactics. Integrating their techniques is a mission-critical objective.

Individual Goal:
Extract on any difficulty while playing as a Reckoning kit.

Reward:
Commendation Pack
Nice easy one this week. Anyone playing can pick up the character required to do the operation from the FREE pack Bioware released in the store this week to celebrate the new DLC.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

IAmProjectAlice wrote:i will be up for some mass effect action, as i have the game but dont really play it that much.
We're having a get together on this later tonight if you want to join in and give it a try. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 am

OPERATION LODESTAR

Operation: LODESTAR (Mar 5th@18:00 - 11th@17:00)

Event Description:
We are coordinating the largest-scale attack in the brief history of this war. N7 unit actions will pave the way for resistance and conventional forces trying to retake the population centers of our homeworlds. There is no retreat. When an objective is finished or a target destroyed, you will immediately focus on the next. Our assets will provide cover to network ships that will update your targets in real-time. Rally points are at your disposal in the event that all space assets meet with catastrophic casualties. From there, you will fight as your CO sees fit or until further orders arrive.

I cannot fully express my deep respect for all of you, the sapients of the Milky Way who serve together under our banner. When future generations look back on this war, they will see the courage and commitment it takes to change the fate of a galaxy. It has been a hard road, but at last: the end is in sight.

Finish it.

–Admiral Steven Hackett

Individual Goal:
Participation (extracting on any difficulty) earns the 1st-tier reward.
Extracting against all four enemy factions on Silver difficulty or higher earns the 2nd-tier reward.
Extracting against all four every enemy factions on Platinum difficulty earns the 3rd-tier reward.

Reward:
1st tier – Commendation Pack.
2nd tier – A second bonus Commendation Pack and a banner, (“Stood Fast, Stood Strong, Stood Together”)
3rd tier – A third bonus Commendation Pack.
SURPRISE Operation Started Yesterday!! I got the first commendation pack for just turning the game on. If you are going to try the Platinum Extractions then you will get the silver ones at the same time for each enemy and recieve the other two packs together. If you don't get the third pack it will need to be unlocked by going to the commendation reward unlock screen HERE, as it didn't appear in the store for any of the people I did the platinum challenge with.

Here's the Banner that can be unlocked by completing the Silver Level Challenge.

This operation is in both celebration of the final single player DLC and also that this is the One Year Birthday for Mass Effect. It's pretty cool that you can end up with three commendation packs out of it. Each containing a commendation weapon.

They've also increased the maximum number of Missiles and Thermal Clip carrying capacity to 6, which are unlocked like normal through purchasing packs in the store.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Now going to do the silver challenges. Don't think I'll be able to do the platinum difficulty.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum