The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more?

+3
KENT HAMMER
GrahamOfTheDead
Slayer1189
7 posters

Go down

Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more? Empty Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more?

Post  Slayer1189 Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Yes i'm an uncreative thief. I stole Tenlo's idea (kinda). I was inspired but i'm doing things a little different Wink

I noticed that I was quite high on the XBLA fighting game leaderboard, figured I could do better then remembered Tenlo's journey and thought it would be nice to not only go for no1, but earn all GS in every XBLA fighting game - they can all be completed as far as I am aware. Finally, I would like to maintain that for the rest of the 360's active llfe - if possible.

However, I see one issue that could become a hurdle... I may be closest to the top spot in fighting but unfortunately Fighting games are one of my weakest genre's in gaming (i'd say only sport and racing are the only 2 I am worse at) however a challenge/target isn't supposed to be easy! Razz

As it stands I am 3rd for GS, 7th for TA and 10th for completed games. I hope to be first in all categories by new year. all completed by the 720 launch (as Guilty Gear is going to be very hard!). My stats for now are as follows

Completed
Cyber Troopers: Virtual On OT
Deadliest Warrior
Fatal Fury Special
Fighting Vipers
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure HD
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Small Arms
Sonic the Fighters
Soulcalibur
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Online
Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Virtua Fighter 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu

In Progress
Deadliest Warrior: Legends - 10/15
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - 11/12
Street Fighter 2 - 10/12

Unstarted
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Karateka
Samurai Shodown 2
Skullgirls

Lastly, as fighting is listed as a sub-genre of action, I will also be going for a high position in Action XBLA (not 1st though) which are my favourite genres so I will have a lot of fun on the way. One step at a time though, I've only had a my 360 at home and been playing since 2010 and don't want to ruin my enjoyment of gaming with a ridiculously difficult challenge.

I will update as I go and add to posts to share my thoughts on each game and how I found my progress went Very Happy

Last edited by Slayer1189 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating info)

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Slayer1189
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2012-01-19
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4909

Back to top Go down

Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more? Empty Re: Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more?

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Best of luck dude......this is actually a nice idea for challenging yourself. When I get two minutes I might have a look and see where I am on some completion leaderboards.

I'm assuming any wrestling/MMA games are classed under sports. The three Sega fighters that are due out (VF 2, Fighting Vipers, Sonic) all seem to have very easy achievement lists, so they should be an easy boost to your total once they come out.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11095

Back to top Go down

Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more? Empty Re: Target sighted at all GS. XBLA fighting games then perhaps some more?

Post  Slayer1189 Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah the wrestling games fall under sports, and Karateka hasn't been classified yet but should go into fighting. I've seen the achievement lists for Fighting Vipers ands Sonic the Fighters and both look to be extremely easy, about the same as VF5: Final Showdown in terms of difficulty I think.

Good luck finding a challenge for yourself. it would be pretty cool to have 3 users running XBLA challenges Very Happy

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 pm

my least fave genre although I did get the platinum trophy on virtua fighter 5 on ps3

good luck
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:19 am

Good luck mate, i must admit I've taken a respite while I 100% everything on AC3 but once its done I'm back on it all again as I now own all the arcade RPG's released so just need to finish them now
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am

Goog luck fella, you guys have a lot more dedication and mojo than me Smile
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:13 am

Best of luck with your challenge mate!!
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6186

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 am

go 4 it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 pm

So with the release of the Model 2 SEGA games I felt it was time to update.

I started and completed the 3 fighting games today. Last week I also got the 200GS from MvC2.

How I found getting the GS
Sonic the Fighters and VF2 were very quick and easy and went smoothly. Fighting Vipers took a little while to figure some stuff out but still not too bad.

MvC2 I only had the online left to do, but it was pretty painless and didn't take as long as I thought it would.

What I thought of the games
Fighting Vipers and VF2 are still decent fighting games today, but they have been clearly improved upon by later games in the same style like VF5:Final Showdown which is a lot more fluid.

Sonic the Fighters was pretty to be honest. This one was only one I never played back on the Saturn but I wouldn't say I missed out. Still it wasn't so bad I grudge the 10 - 15 minutes I spent playing it.

MvC2 was a pretty cool game, though I have to go against popular opinion and i'd say that although a good game, I think it's the worst out of the MvC series.

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Time for another update.

I have now obtained and completed Karateka and Samurai Shodown 2. I have also made a few attempts at beating SF2 without losing a round. Only to get destroyed by Sagat!

Karateka
This was a very refreshing game. Simple gameplay of countering incoming attacks and then following up with. Basic fighting game as it is a remake of an old BBC game from many a year ago. The achievement were fairly easy to obtain with the exception of the last one,, for reaching the final battle without taking a single hit. Regular enemies are still easy to take out without getting hit but some bosses are rather unpredictable at times, especially the 1st boss!

Samurai Shodown 2
This was a pretty decent fighter. One of SNK's crowning games from the Neo Geo era. Personally i'd say they have made much better fighting games especially recently with games like NEOGEO Battle Colisseum, but this was still far from a bad game. Achievement wise it was much easier than I first thought. Beating this game without losing a round is much easier than SF2, which I have tried and failed a few times.

Position wise, I am now 1st in the world for GS cheers

but 3rd for TA as I have missed out some of the harder ones... or more specifically I haven't started Guilty Gear yet. Going to buy Guilty Gear and Skullgirls soon, then I will own every fighting game.

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Top stuff mate!

Do you use a fight stick? If so, which one do you have? I need one so I can start playing my fighters again. Can't be arsed playing em without a stick anymore..... except Soul Calibur which isn't too bad with a pad.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13384

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:34 am

I still play with a regular pad. Not too much a fan of fighting sticks but I would really like a Hori controller someday. might get one In 2013 Smile

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum