The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTASC 2013

+8
Slayer1189
Naf Vertone
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Leigh36295
KENT HAMMER
stubbymite
GrahamOfTheDead
Tenlo
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

GTASC 2013 - Page 3 Empty GTASC 2013

Post  Tenlo Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Well its been almost a year since the last GTASC and we had a good showing from the three teams we submitted last year for the tournament. Alas we've all been relegated but next year they're doing three different tournaments (details below) which means we have a greater chance of making an impact. So I guess this is a call out for who would be up for representing GSA in next years comp. Post your names below and we'll organise teams and register them up.

The third annual (2013) GTASC will be structured a bit differently. During the 2012 contest there were quite a few teams that couldn't compete due to either being over or under the limits we put on team score totals. In an effort to be more inclusive we've decided to split the contest in to three tiers. These three tiers will not only be competing against their own tier, but also against the other tiers.

Beginner Tier - This tier is aimed at people new to competitions and/or the GTASC. The top 3 teams in this tier will be invited to join the following years competition (subject to terms & conditions).
Main Tier - This is, as the title suggests, the main contest. This tier will contain the majority of the prizes and is aimed at amateur/semi professional gamers.
Pro Tier - This tier is designed for the elite on TrueAchievements to battle it out and will mainly be filled with professional gamers with multi-region boxes and more games than us mere mortals could every hope to own!

I can't make nice tables, but a table with the info regarding the construction of each team can be found here.

Prerequisites for entry;

- Each Gamertag must have a full TA account. Any gamertags with a non-stat or gamerscore only account on TA will be denied entry.
- Each Gamertag must be registered on GTASC.net.
- We would like each team to submit a video or short bio describing them. Be creative, express yourself. This is intended as a community event, it's nice to know who we're playing with. Although this is not required, a number of teams (4 from each tier) will be given automatic entry based their bio/video. These team will be chosen by the contest organizers.
- Each team should elect a team captain. This person will be the team contact throughout the contest and will be the one to receive the team's invite to the following year's competition should they be eligible.

Each tier will be populated with 100 teams. Any team that is eligible to compete but was not drawn for the main contest can elect to play along by joining the B-Side board. This year the B-Side will take a much larger role. Besides containing any team in excess of the individual tier limits, this board will also populate with teams that have been eliminated from their respective tiers as well as any teams that are DQ'd.

Prizes are only being provided (by the host of the contest) for the Main Tier. However, community donations can be made for any tier and are graciously appreciated by the hosts and those that will ultimately benefit from them.

Registration is open now and will be open until December 22 at midnight GMT (7PM US Eastern on the 21st)

For info on how to participate see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

GTASC 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: GTASC 2013

Post  Tenlo Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 pm

My boomerang account just started again and I've git dead space 2 so a good start so far

Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm

GrahamOfTheDead wrote:Second week of January I think. I read the exact date somewhere, but I can't remember where.

It appears as though we've all accepted our invites now, so fingers crossed we've made it. Entries are still open as far as I can tell so we should be good to go.

Down for starting on the 6th January midnight GMT.

I got this email in my TA box from planting42, I'm sure you've seen it/read it:

I'm not a huge fan of this format of communication and try to only use it when I want to be able to reach out to everyone at once and be sure that they receive the message.

As has been noted by a few others, there are over 100 teams shown on the leaderboard and the choices for tiers have been removed. In the end, we had around 20 teams sign up for the Pro tier and only 1 team sign up for the Beginner tier. I was hoping for more activity on the lower end as that was open to a large percentage of the TA community, but with the time constraints the moderators had this year - No Shame in Kiddy Games finished 5th overall for the 2012 contest - and then the holidays that took over afterwards... we simply didn't have the time to do the same promotion we did for the previous contest. For several reasons we will instead be combining all the tiers (Beginner, Main and Pro) together for one board. With only one team on the Beginner tier, it would be a forgone conclusion who won there... and no fun for them whatsoever. With 20 or so on the Pro tier, they wouldn't likely have seen an elimination for 4 months or so - again, not a fun contest in the least. This combined with the possibility that we will be looking for a new host for the site as the year goes on means that we need to scale back what we had originally planned for. I do apologize to anyone who was unable to create a team within the time we had - hopefully you can watch alongside us and cheer for your favorites. As much as we thought the tiers would attract more competition, we admit defeat here and instead want to offer everyone the most enjoyable contest we can. There is only 1 competition tier, and every team that completed their registration by the close is 'in' the competition. As there are more than 100 teams, we will have triple eliminations until it is mathematically feasible to return to double eliminations. Elimination from the Main contest remains the same - the 2 (or 3 initially) teams with the lowest TA gain for the period will be eliminated. If there is a tie that forces more than 2 teams to be below the elimination line, all teams will be eliminated.

We still launch at midnight on the 6th of January GMT. This equates to 7PM US Eastern. The time change was made to be more accommodating to our European counterparts. Hopefully this will help more teams to be awake for the end of the period.

One of the biggest changes we wanted to make is still in the works here - and that was a major overhaul of the B-Side leaderboard. This year instead of being home to the teams that didn't make the draw, it will be a 'Down but not out' board where every team that gets eliminated or disqualified gets another shot at fame.
B-Side/Down but not out Tier;
This tier is for any team that does not make it into any other tier - this means that any team that registers and is not drawn for the main competition may elect to compete in this tier. It will also populate with any team eliminated or disqualified from any other tier. The top 3 teams in this tier will be invited to join the following years competition (subject to terms &conditions).

Any team placed into this tier due to disqualification will do so with a reduced team (they will be down the offending team member.)

For example;
Should a team be disqualified due a gamertag's achievements being removed from TA, the team will be moved into this tier and are able to compete minus the aforementioned gamertag.

Once a team is eliminated from this tier, they will not be moved into any other tier.

Eliminations for this tier will be based on the main contest tier scores. Teams will play in this tier as if they are in the main contest and if they end the period below the elimination score, the team would then be eliminated from this tier.

Again, I apologize for the change, but due to several unavoidable issues, this seems to be the best we can offer everyone.

Finally - I've begun removing anyone from this leaderboard that isn't a member of the contest. No hard feelings - we use this for tracking and the less gamertags it has, the faster we can get the info for the contest.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6701

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Contest proper starts tomorrow. Looking forward to it. After a fairly barren couple of weeks, I eased myself back in to the GS quest yesterday by picking up the last 5 achievements and maxing Minecraft. The revamped tutorial has made everything rather easy albeit still fairly time consuming. I've used and abused the sales and my Game credit and built up quite a stack of games to leech points off.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11095

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Looking forward to this Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Naf Vertone Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Looking forward to this starting too.Have been holding back on getting a few achievements this week too as they are worth a good few TA points, so we can get off to a good start.
Naf Vertone
Naf Vertone
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : NAF VERTONE
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-08-11
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5598

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:00 am

If its midnight the 6th does that mean that the comp actually starts on the 7th?
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 am

Nope, it's underway now!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Naf Vertone Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:30 am

The competition only started 30 minutes ago and someone already has 690 achievement points won already. Shocked
Naf Vertone
Naf Vertone
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:53 am

Seems there was a bit of a balls up and 20 teams were eliminated in error last night, including my team! Hopefully it gets sorted quickly.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:02 am

How far into the comp should we start using the score whore games? I was planning on just playing normal games for a while and hopefully those achievements will get more TA points and keep us in the competition
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10128

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 am

Leigh36295 wrote:How far into the comp should we start using the score whore games? I was planning on just playing normal games for a while and hopefully those achievements will get more TA points and keep us in the competition

I'm just planning on playing normally for as long as possible. Best idea is just to save the whorers for when you're near the bottom and need a quick boost.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:08 pm

Aye i noticed that, GSA warriors are on there (which is Stubby's team) but no sign of us, doh!!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Exactly what graham says first few weeks take it easy then if we need whorers can do it towards the end of the week.
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10068

Back to top Go down

Post  Naf Vertone Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I see they fixed the problem as the two teams we entered are now on the leaderboard.
Naf Vertone
Naf Vertone
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

i see that naf is already hammering out the cheevs.

Ill make a start when i am home and see how i get on Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Naf Vertone Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 pm

stubbymite wrote:i see that naf is already hammering out the cheevs.

Ill make a start when i am home and see how i get on Smile
Just trying to keep our heads above the water until the rest of ye get a chance to contribute. Laughing
Naf Vertone
Naf Vertone
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I only really get chance at night so ill do what I can.

But the mrs starts nights for two weeks on Wednesday ill start proper scoring then Laughing
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm playing through the first black ops ok veteran so should get a few 100 points added soon.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10128

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Well both teams are looking pretty good this week. GSA Warriors are a good 800 points above relegation and Gamerscoreaddicts Assemble are flying away with over 1500 points clear.

Personally I'm combining this with my Bean Count goal and just aiming on at least 4 cheevs a day!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:45 pm

I've tried to put up some half decent TA this week as the Warriors will be down a man for a couple of weeks. I'm flying to South Africa on Friday morning.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Naf Vertone Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm

We will have our work cut out to stay in the competition so.It's only a bit of fun anyway.
Naf Vertone
Naf Vertone
unaddicted
unaddicted

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Naf Vertone wrote:We will have our work cut out to stay in the competition so.It's only a bit of fun anyway.

I'm taking a lappy with Fallout 3 on it to dump some GS just not sure when I'll have time or Internet connection.
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Just something I've just remembered after nearly playing some windows 8 games that don't connect......only GS unlocked while connected to Live counts. Any scoring done offline doesn't go towards the contest.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 pm

i should get some good score in soon got some right crap coming from lovefilm.

I will have a good crack over the weekend and get us boosted Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 am

Gamerscore Addicts Assemble is just hovering above the relegation zone at the moment. Don't think we should be too worried at the moment as it's still early in the week, but everyone keep an eye on things!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 am

Aye i did notice that I've been on clean up duties on a couple of games, but I did start The Darkness 2 the other day so if I concentrate on that it should push up our score as well as working on Halo 4.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content