The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HALO 4 Official GSA Review

+13
kinmad4it
Slayer1189
TheTCD
RabidHellBunny
minkey_monkey
stubbymite
GrahamOfTheDead
chrism1066
Colne Crusader
Stee01
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
TreeMunky
KENT HAMMER
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Empty HALO 4 Official GSA Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Halo4b10

Developer: 343 Industries

Publisher: Microsoft Studios

This Review is brought to you by Kent Hammer Productions

HALO 4 is not as it turns out about a Master Chef and his love of his old Ford Cortina, but is in fact a futuristic sci-fi romance between one man army Master Chief and his beloved Cortana an AI sidekick.

This game is both EPIC and Orchestral in size and scope, even if you just leave it sitting on the start screen you feel uplifted and inspired by the sounds that flow over you.

Without question this is the fps game of the year, it makes the storyline in Gears 3 seem small and lacking in scope and vision.

Here you will experience extreme struggle with your fellow Spartans or feel the odds are insurmountable as your one man army ploughs a lone furrow against the evil alien horde.

This time around Master Chief returns to conquer new enemies and mind blowing new technology after finding himself shipwrecked on a mysterious world. With only his extremely hot and sexy blue AI Cortana and her buns of steel to guide and inspire him on his quest.

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Cortan10

The campaign can be played with upto 4 players or as I did with my review copy, solo against the universe! I elected to play on normal difficulty and even this was a great challenge at times with multiple deaths and start again from the save point shenanigans.

I don't want to ruin any of the awesome story or plot twists but lets just say you will smegging love it!

Your journey will take you through foggy jungles where the only way to see the enemy is by using a special ability mapped to your LB button. All very predator movie this stuff!

My favourite ability is the floating sentry as that little flying machine gun helped me out of many a scrape along the way and is almost indispensable in solo play.

Also your choice of weapons this time is huge as you are constantly using the alien technology that is dropped on the battlefield. Personally I like to use the heavy machine gun combined with a sniper rifle. But part of the genius of Halo is using the right weapon combo on the right enemy. There are some serious double hard bastards to take down here. They even have the ability to regen health and even completely be reborn and rebuilt by these crafty little flying buggers that follow them into battle!

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Halo-410
HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Halo-411

The set pieces are all consuming and its a great challenge working out the best strategy to take them all down and clear the area.

This brings me onto the other awesome part of the Halo universe- The Multi-player online side of things.

You access this from the menu by clicking INFINITY, this is your mothership hub where every Spartans journey starts from.

First up is War games and like the old song used to say “War has never been so much fun!”

You can pit yourself against everyone else in a free for all killing spree or maybe you would rather play a team based match of capture the flag. My personal favourite and the mode I was best at was “FLOOD” and not because that's the technique I also use for pulling birds on a Saturday night out on the town (pm me for tips and my patented flooding technique)
No this is about a couple of Spartans against an every growing number of zombies trying to survive and keep your humanity as one bite and your turned!

Suffice to say, solo play, 4 player, 6 player and 8 vs 8 player matches are all well catered for and it will take you ages even just to try them all once.
Halo truly will become your new way of life this winter Spartan!

You can also create all your own maps to battle on and customise all the rules and regs for your chosen game time. Really you are only limited by your own lack of imagination and drive, abit like life really in that sense. Whoa, heavy man! *-)

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Halo-412

Finally and one of the online modes I played the most is Spartan Ops. Now if you are not billy smegging no mates like me you will no doubt be able to put together a crack team to plough through on Leg End Dairy. But I had to play with the great unwashed and it was still a really fun experience.
It will auto match you up and if there are 2 of you it will auto set the difficulty to Normal and 3 of you Heroic and so on.

Spartan ops is bigger and better than most stand alone games on its own. This time there is full chapters with 5 episodes in each and a running storyline all of its own with different and varied mission types. Nobody is left out as there are constant re-spawns but you will face the embarrassment at the end of each battle if you have 25 kills and 45 deaths. I died about that many times myself in one chapter last night when I got the achievement for completing a Spartan Ops match solo on legendary. But I still engaged smug mode on completion 8-)

Right nuff said, stop reading this now and go outside and do something less......oh hang on, I mean get your ass off the sofa Spartan and down to your local 24 hour supermarket and battle through the adidas tracky wearing hordes and come home with the only game you need this winter- HALO 4

score??? you still need a score after all that???? Do you really need to ask??

10/10

Last edited by KENT HAMMER on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25617

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

HALO 4 Official GSA Review - Page 2 Empty Re: HALO 4 Official GSA Review

Post  Tenlo Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm

I now have a copy of this but have barely touched it due to other game priorities so would be up for some Halo fun!

Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

I'll try getting it asap then and see about setting a game night. You don't have to wait though if any of you wanna play sooner Razz
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10113

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content