The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices

+2
Ba5sett
Tenlo
6 posters

Go down

Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices Empty Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices

Post  Tenlo Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:41 pm

After the big announcement at E3 this year, things have goen pretty quiet on Smartglass with just the odd tidbit mentioned here and there. Well out of the blue, Microsoft have announced that Smartglass will be launched on Windows 8 and Windows RT this Friday (26th October). At the same time they are bringing the Xbox entertainment from 35 countries to a staggering 220 countries across th globe!

But what is Smartglass exactly? Well Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president, marketing & strategy, Interactive Entertainment Business for Microsoft, has posted up on the Microsoft Blog what his vision of Smartglass will be. Another important question is who is going to be involved in Smartglas applications straight off. Below you'll find a list of not only the apps which will be supported but also a number of games which are planning on having Smartglass support too.

Entertainment Apps

• Elections 2012
  • HBO GO
  • MSN
  • NBC News
  • NOW TV
  • Slacker Radio
  • TODAY
  • Univision

Gaming

• Ascend
  • Dance Central 3
  • Forza Horizon
  • Halo Waypoint
  • Home Run Stars
  • Karaoke
  • Kinect Sesame Street TV
  • Prima Games

Sports

• ESPN
  • NBA Game Time
  • UFC

Below you'll find the important info from the Yusuf Blog regarding how Smartglass will be implemented into the different experiences on Xbox and also the video from his blog as well.

Navigate your Entertainment – Your phone and tablet will become the best remote controls in your house. Use the touch screen on your smartphone or tablet to control your Xbox 360, and use your devices to pause, rewind or advance entertainment.

TV & Movies – With Xbox Video, start a TV show or movie on your Windows 8 tablet and finish it on the big screen through Xbox 360; see the names of cast and crew for the film you are watching and discover related films. To give you one example of what you can expect, coming next season, HBO GO’s “Game of Thrones” will offer groundbreaking Xbox SmartGlass experiences.

Sports – While watching the game, use a second screen to follow real-time stats, player bios, news and highlights you may have missed. All of this and more will be available for NBA Game Time, ESPN and UFC in the coming months.

Music – Control your Xbox Music experience on the TV using your smartphone or tablet, discover related artists and songs, cue up additional music, read artist bios and more.

Internet Explorer for Xbox - The Web comes to TV like never before with Xbox 360 and Xbox SmartGlass. With your smartphone or tablet, pan or pinch and zoom to explore the Web on the largest and best screen in the house, enjoy easy text entry with the keyboard on your tablet or phone, and then move your browser back to your device to take it on the go.

Games – Get more from your game when you can use a second screen. Turn you phone or tablet into a virtual GPS in Forza: Horizon. Don’t stop the dance party in Dance Central 3 by going back to the menu to choose your next song. Instead, queue it up on your tablet or smartphone. In HomeRun Stars, use SmartGlass on your favorite device to throw a surprise pitch to your friend up at bat in front of Kinect. See detailed stats on how you are progressing in Halo 4, or check up on friends. All of these features and much more will be available when your favorite game extends to multiple screens.

Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11944

Back to top Go down

Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices Empty Re: Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices

Post  Ba5sett Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 pm

This is a decent idea I'm not sure how much use I will make of it, could be handy if they use it to display maps or inventories in games I suppose
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices Empty Re: Smartglass is to arrive imminently to Xbox and Windows 8 Devices

Post  Stee01 Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 am

I know this sound like a stupid question. Will it work with music too, like transfer music from my windows phone to the Xbox or transfer music from xbox to phone? I don't really know much about it.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6427

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:58 pm

Do you know thats a very good question I shall endeavour to find out. I know transferring music from your pc to your windows phone is done via Zune on your PC/Laptop and the same between Xbox and Zune but not sure if you can cut the middle man out.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:25 pm

not zune any longer matey Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm

It's still zune on my laptop and wp7, though you're right that will change soon!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Stee01 Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

I only started use Zune or whatever it called. Most of my music collection are cds or on my phone. Would be nice to do a basic transfer bit like Bluetooth or WiFi.
Stee01
Stee01
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stee01
Number of posts : 826
TGD Reputation : 11
TGD Elite Member Points : 6427

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:27 pm

I had 2 marketplace updates on my Windows Phone this morning, 1 of which changed the Xbox Companion App to Smartglass.

Not had chance to try it out yet.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13302

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

no doubt this wont work on my htc desire c Sad

could be really cool if i got to try it out because as it stands it looks stupid but how many times have seen a game and gone 'hey that looks like shit' and then played it and gone 'holy fuck this is awesome'
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5420

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Well it works on my HTC Radar. You can use it as remote control for the dashboard, search etc. And if your playing a game, it shows the games details and recomendations of other games you might like.

At the moment it looks like this is about all it can do, until some games are released with the Smartglass feature.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13302

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 pm

I must test my surface forza horizon and halo 4 tonight
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down