The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Empty Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Post  Lance the pimp Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 am

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes lets Star Wars fans young and old live out the sweeping galactic adventures of the Clone Wars. For the first time ever, players can fight as their favorite Jedi and clone troopers from the preeminent animated television series — from familiar faces like Anakin Skywalker to new heroes like Clone Captain Rex. A brand-new storyline, which bridges the gap between season one and two, takes the player on a multi-faceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin's destructive plot. Built around two-player cooperative action, the accessible controls and family-friendly gameplay bring Star Wars fans across generations together like never before to fight the evil Separatists and restore peace to the galaxy.

Experience an all-new and exciting Clone Wars storyline that bridges the gap between season one and two of the TV series as you learn more about the mysterious bounty hunter Cad Bane and hunt down the all-new Skakoan super villain Kul Teska
Play as your favorite Jedi heroes including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu, and Kit Fisto
Slice and dice your way through Separatist droids with your lightsaber and Force powers and use your agility to perform amazing leaps and navigate levels filled with interactivity
Turn your enemies into weapons as you commandeer droids and use their unique abilities to blast enemies and solve puzzles as a Jedi
Be part of an elite clone trooper squad with unique gameplay that puts firepower at your fingertips. Blast droids and unleash devastation with heavy weapons like rocket launchers and thermal detonators as Commander Cody, Captain Rex and all of your favorite clone troopers
Compete against a friend with in-level challenges for rewards and points to be spent to upgrade your character and unlock bonus items

Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6161

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Empty Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Post  patchychris Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:22 pm

just got this yesterday.

First things first, I am and prob always will be a massive Star Wars fan, hey I can almost forgive Lucas for Jar Jar Binks (almost). I sit down most evening and watch the clone wars cartoon with my son when Im in, Ive even managed to pass my love of star wars onto him (Im so proud).

So to say I was slightly disappointed by this game was a vast understatement.

I know, I know its a kids game. But that is no excuse, a game is a game is a game.
Its easy enough and (most) importantly the achievements are a doddle so far. But when I remember such classic star wars games as Dark Forces & Masters of Teras Kasi and of course the mighty original arcade star wars game, its a such a shame that this game just doesnt live up to that legacy.

The graphics are okay, the story is okay, the controls are okay. And therein lies the problem. By defination everything Star Wars should be at least great not okay. And I cant see either myself or my son playing this every again after completion, its just to linear and contricted. You start at the start of the level and have a very confined path to follow till the end of the short levels. My 5 years old son simply got bored and went and played starwa rs lego on his nintendo.....doesnt he know Im trying to get achievements Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

okay rant over
patchychris
patchychris
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : patchychris
Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2009-08-24
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 5750

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Empty Re: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

Post  Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm

I played this a few months ago and my first question was-so how much will it cost to download on live,1200 points?

My jaw dropped, and then I started laughing when the Lucas arts guys told me it was gonna be a full £39.99 retail release Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Played the demo a few weeks back.....it was awful.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11085

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum