The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game are you gutted never came in to being?

5 posters

Go down

What game are you gutted never came in to being? Empty What game are you gutted never came in to being?

Post  minkey_monkey Thu May 14, 2009 12:38 am

We used to love a bit of time splitters 3 on the PS2 and were dead chuffed when we heard that they were developing a 4th for the 360 and that the monkey was due to make a re-appearance (so the site showed any how)... then came the bad news free radical had been taken over and now it looks like it will never see the light of day (though I am still crossing my fingers).

I thought it had one of the best multi player systems. It was great if you couldn't get it online, two players and the bot's. I wish more games included added AI bot's for local play.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14213

Back to top Go down

What game are you gutted never came in to being? Empty Re: What game are you gutted never came in to being?

Post  minkey_monkey Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 am

And posting on behalf of my fella (who's to busy to post it him self as he's watching a lordi live dvd lol)

Cyber_zombi say's Dead Island, one minute theres loads about it in magazines, a trailer a site and then... it just stopped being developed. Stuck in production hell maybe? Any one know?
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

What game are you gutted never came in to being? Empty Re: What game are you gutted never came in to being?

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 am

Well I for one am seriously gutted that Shenmue was never released on the Xbox360, That was a kick ass game back in the day, I spent much of my youth playing as Ryu and loved every minute of it.

Awesome Game!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lance the pimp Thu May 14, 2009 10:39 am

Ahhh shenmue. that game was awesome. I can't say I am that up to date with what games were planned and then flopped, but i'd have liked to have seen maybe a Broken sword game. Timesplitters was good although I didn't really try the multiplayer.
Cool
Lance the pimp
Lance the pimp
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Lance the pimp
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2009-02-13
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 6174

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 am

A new timesplitters would be awesome, I loved those games. Didn't know any were planned, but I've always secretly hoped one would come out.

I dunno if anyone remembers it, but there was a PC game years ago called Messiah that was hyped up for about 2-3 years and it looked excellent. You played as a little cherub that could take over peoples' bodies, graphics were excellent (from screenshots I saw) and the whole idea seemed really new and fresh. It did eventually come out, but by the time it did, technology and games had moved on, the graphics weren't anything special, the idea of playing as different roles (whether it be mind control or being a spy dressing up as people or whatever) had already been done loads of times and there just didn't seem to be anything special about it any more. I didn't bother even buying it in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyber_zombi Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm

ThomBassmonkey wrote:A new timesplitters would be awesome, I loved those games. Didn't know any were planned, but I've always secretly hoped one would come out.

I dunno if anyone remembers it, but there was a PC game years ago called Messiah that was hyped up for about 2-3 years and it looked excellent. You played as a little cherub that could take over peoples' bodies, graphics were excellent (from screenshots I saw) and the whole idea seemed really new and fresh. It did eventually come out, but by the time it did, technology and games had moved on, the graphics weren't anything special, the idea of playing as different roles (whether it be mind control or being a spy dressing up as people or whatever) had already been done loads of times and there just didn't seem to be anything special about it any more. I didn't bother even buying it in the end.

Regarding Time splitters, the company 'Free Radical' actually released some footage that was given away on a CD with an Xbox magazine..way back when they'd started development on Time Splitters 4. Basically they'd hinted that yes, the monkeys would return! After this they went under. Crying or Very sad
HOWEVER, through my readings, I've noticed that apparently they've been taken over by a German company.. Something like 'Crysis' ? and theyve now been turned into the imaginatively titled Crysis UK (?). As far as I found they'll retain all of their rights to their IP titles, so who knows? Maybe one day it may still come into being?? I certainly hope so...

And Yes, I remember Messiah, never played it though.. It was made by the same company that made MDK wasnt it?
Cyber_zombi
Cyber_zombi
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : CyBeRZoMBi UK
Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 2009-03-10
TGD Reputation : 14
TGD Elite Member Points : 6064

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_meta_zombi/sets

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Thu May 14, 2009 6:16 pm

i have been hearing rumours of a final fantasy 7 remake, now that would be a truely awesome game. dont think it will ever happen though just got to hope they release the original for download.

i would like to see a sequel to Crackdown i love that game, and i agree with anachy i would like to see shenmue sequel and the originals released on live that would be sweet
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8362

Back to top Go down

Post  snowy Fri May 15, 2009 8:42 am

Six Days in Fallujah
snowy
snowy
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : SA80ROB
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-14
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5501

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri May 15, 2009 6:28 pm

garymason72 wrote:i have been hearing rumours of a final fantasy 7 remake, now that would be a truely awesome game. dont think it will ever happen though just got to hope they release the original for download.

i would like to see a sequel to Crackdown i love that game, and i agree with anachy i would like to see shenmue sequel and the originals released on live that would be sweet

I don't think the idea of FF7 has been completely written off yet, they seem to be doing quite a few re-makes and it would make sense with that one as it seemed to have the biggest following. Think I've still got my ps1 copy around some where, prolly back at my mums.

Crack down's another, I just used to like trying to climb to stupidly high places, haven't quite finished it yet though lol so maybe I'm being greedy wanting another before even completing the first.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum