The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27

+3
TheTCD
Ba5sett
Gabhlan
7 posters

Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27 Empty MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27

Post  Gabhlan Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:08 pm

MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27 Extended_cut-p

The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of Mass Effect 3. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard’s journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers. The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge for Mass Effect 3 game owners starting on June 26 for PC and Xbox 360 customers worldwide. Playstation 3 customers in North America will be able to download the Extended Cut DLC on June 26 and the rest of the world on July 4.

Link to full article with additioal videos about making the extend cut at the following link. Brace your connection, as it's a 2 GB download. Also they say 26 but because of timezone etc. It'll be more likely 01:00am on 27th I'd imagine.
Bioware Blog

Interview with developers about extended cut (No Spoilers)

Last edited by Gabhlan on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8149

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27

Post  Ba5sett Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:39 pm

cool thanks for the info mate, looking forward to this
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9077

Back to top Go down

MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27 Empty Re: MASS EFFECT 3 Extended Cut out on June-26 or 27

Post  TheTCD Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 pm

This whole ending thing is a bloody joke. Was it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's what they intended and they shouldn't be expected to compromise on what they worked so hard to make. There was closure to a certain degree, and while I didn't love it, I certainly didn't hate it. This whole backlash is ridiculous, and I'd wager that a lot of people who say they hate it are not actually sure why they are supposed to be hating it, and are just doing so because "everyone else does", and because a game company is bowing to pressure, so it makes them feel empowered. I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must have been to have a very vocal minority turn into a very vocal majority, and have your hard work dissected and destroyed before you.

I went onto GameFAQ's a while back and said I was indifferent on the ending, and was told I am not a "true" ME fan if I didn't hate the ending, obviously meaning the hundreds of hours I have spent on the series are less genuine than someone else who did hate it (what?), and that I should actually kill myself (seriously), and in true pseudo-intellectual forum-goer fashion, was told that "one day I may even get a promotion at McDonalds", because your job obviously has direct correlation with how much enjoyment you are allowed to have from a game. Let's disregard the fact that I don't work for them...

So yeah, Bioware should not have caved to pressure. Don't get me wrong, I am glad that some stuff is going to be explained and all, but this is the kind of obnoxious attitude that "fans" have come to see as perfectly acceptable, and catering to these socially inadequate morons sets a very alarming precedent.

Last edited by TheTCD on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4841

Back to top Go down

Post  vyper9 Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm

2fucking GB is there multi player maps it it
vyper9
vyper9
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : VYPER9
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-03-03
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5426

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Been waiting for something like this. Will definately get this seeing as it's free.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:22 pm

TheTCD wrote:This whole ending thing is a bloody joke. Was it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's what they intended and they shouldn't be expected to compromise on what they worked so hard to make.

I completely agree, I wasn't a fan of the ending but I think it sets a bad precedent that Bioware are bowing to pressure and releasing this additional content to appease a section of the fanbase. I hope this doesn't set a pattern for the future.
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6751

Back to top Go down

Post  Thommo Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:23 am

Jameseire85 wrote:
TheTCD wrote:This whole ending thing is a bloody joke. Was it perfect? Absolutely not, but it's what they intended and they shouldn't be expected to compromise on what they worked so hard to make.

I completely agree, I wasn't a fan of the ending but I think it sets a bad precedent that Bioware are bowing to pressure and releasing this additional content to appease a section of the fanbase. I hope this doesn't set a pattern for the future.

I'm disappointed Bioware have done this, the ending wasn't great, but they should have stuck to their guns and ended it the way they wanted to.

It does set a worrying precedent, I finished Rage a while ago, great game but the ending was shite. Do I get on id's case and demand that they change it? No
Thommo
Thommo
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Number of posts : 1090
Registration date : 2009-07-20
TGD Reputation : 32
TGD Elite Member Points : 6710

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:06 pm

vyper9 wrote: 2fucking GB is there multi player maps it it
There is talk of another multiplayer installment coming in the future with More Human N7 characters and some earth based maps but it's not part of this content and there has been no date or anything announced for it.

I had avoided all information about the game until I played it. Yet even though I didn't know any details I had picked up on the controversy seeing thread titles etc... so I wasn't majorly upset by the end. I'm not sure though weather this was in part due to the fact I wasn't expecting much having heard it may be crap. All in all the way I look at it is, I enjoyed the rest of the game so much I can forgive a mediocre ending in comparison to the 99% awesomeness.

In saying that I'm happy they are releasing this and hope it's good, as they say they are not back tracking, pandering to a minority etc... just adding more content to better fill out the ending, which I think it does really need.

It felt like it was a bit rushed, as they left so much detail out which could have reflected on all the decisions you made through your three game playthrough and eveyone was basically left with the same generic ending no matter what they did. I think this more so then the actual end itself is a lot of peoples main issue in a game all about choice. Without going in to spoilers, In my opinion the Quarian mission had more variety in it and its ending then they gave you at the end of the game.

They do cover a lot of the reasons behind why they decided to do it etc... in the audio interview attached to the blog post for those interested. I've not gotten to listen to the whole thing myself but the part I have gotten through is worth a listen. I've stuck it below for those who didn't go in to the full blog post using my original link.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Ok just watched (well listened) to it all now Very Happy and it makes me actually really excited to play this after hearing the full interview, as it sounds like they've put in a lot of effort to give a much more in depth view of the consequences for all the choices you've made in your whole adventure.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTCD Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 pm

If I don't get to see Krogans riding Kakliosaurs, or Rachni blowing shit up, I'll be very sad. Like I said, I am happy that this exists because there is so much that could be explained (Starchild?), but I would have lived without it just fine.
TheTCD
TheTCD
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : TheTCD
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2012-05-10
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 4841

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 pm

I have downloaded and watched the extended ending and thought it was very good because it gives a more detail ending and explains in more detail your choices throughout the games.
I was also very pleased to find out that Bioware didn't change the ending, I'm like a lot of fans who didn't like the ending but also never wanted them to change it because of a small minority.
After the extended cut, does anyone think there could be a 4th game and would anyone want a 4th game.
I would love another game where perhaps certain groups of the different races start fighting each other for galactic control especially after everyones forces are depleted. There are so many different ways they could go if they wanted to. Just look at Halo, they said number 3 was going to be the end and now look, there making a number 4 in a new trilogy.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 am

Still working my way through the ending. Not much farther to go now but I keep getting distracted by the Multiplayer Smile It's amazing after putting so many hours in to multiplayer tweaking powers and weapons what a pansy my single player Shepard is compared to some of the characters I use in multiplayer.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Gabhlan wrote:Still working my way through the ending. Not much farther to go now but I keep getting distracted by the Multiplayer Smile It's amazing after putting so many hours in to multiplayer tweaking powers and weapons what a pansy my single player Shepard is compared to some of the characters I use in multiplayer.

The multiplayer is awesome. I'm going to have to get back into that as I've had enough of MW3.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum