The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babel Rising

+2
minkey_monkey
FoxyBoy89
6 posters

Go down

Babel Rising Empty Babel Rising

Post  FoxyBoy89 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

Babel Rising Babel-Rising-Logo

Developed by Mando Productions

Published by Ubisoft

Cost 800MSP

If you have ever wanted be God then this is the game for you. It allows you to possess some of God’s might and power. However you play as God with a slight twist, where as in the bible God is a more often than not kind and protective being, you are the complete opposite and need to kill the unruly Babylonians who have decided they have had enough of time on earth and fancy there time in heaven.

The game itself has three game modes, Survival, Campaign and Multiplayer. The campaign is very repetitive and follows the story line of the rebels trying to reach heaven. Throughout each level there will be different goals that you have to achieve, for example one level may be kill 50 Babylonians and the next could be to last 9 minutes of constant waves of Babylonians, the only way to fail the level is to let the Babylonians complete the tower and the only way to stop the Babylonians building further is to kill them before they get to the highest point already built. Each level is slightly different because of the powers you can use, once you get further into the campaign the towers becomes more complicated. Before each stage you choose two elements (powers) to use, each of which has two associated standard attacks and one "ultimate power”. You have the choice to choose from Earth, Fire, Wind and Water. As it only takes one hit to kill the Babylonians it doesn’t really matter which you chose.

I must say however that the game salvages at least some game play excitement with some very intense and solid multiplayer action i.e Survival mode, in this multiplayer section you and your friend are pushed to defend the unfinished tower against wave after wave of enemies. The Babylonians in this mode come from a mass of different directions. You and your partner must split the four elemental powers and work in tandem. This mode is far more fast-paced.

Babel Rising 612746734

With this game been compatible with the kinect I was excited to see how well it would work, unfortunately I was disappointed. After several tries to drop rocks, create rifts, turn the camera, make it rain and just about anything else that I needed to do nothing seemed to register apart from the odd one. When I tried to use the Ultimate powers the kinect didn’t seem to recognise my Yorkshire accent and decided to ignore me, so I tried the movement action and I successfully managed it, yet not in the place I wanted it! It would take a miracle by GOD to make someone want to play the game with the Kinect. As I knew there was no way I could finish the game with the Kinect, this god switched to a control pad, sat back on the sofa and enjoyed the amount of death that was unleashed by four little buttons without shouting and jumping around like a madman. The left analog stick is used to aim and the right is used to move the camera.

Whilst playing this game it is hard to look past the main tower, it seems all the graphics were put into this and not the surrounding buildings and towns. The four elements you use all have fairly good graphics especially the rocks of fire. After you kill someone a little angel flies upwards as if it is going to heaven... I’m sorry but if I was really god and someone was trying to get into heaven by building a tower, after I killed them I would send them straight to hell???

Babel Rising 612745687

You should be aware and ready to hear the same noises over and over again for however long you play the game. As I was sat there happily killing the little creatures thinking nothing of the noise they made, my partner pointed out that she thought she could hear a little child moaning. Having brought it to my attention I could hear it too, I ignored it and carried on killing, only to realise that it was just that making the child like noise. I personally feel that this drowns out any other sounds out of the game because it’s all you can focus on.

One positive about this game is the easy 200G that you can obtain by getting the 12 achievements, There are two online achievements to get for this game and if you want to get all 12 then I would suggest finding someone with this game to help you as I can’t see a lot of people playing online for very long. You should have no problem playing through the campaign and getting the other 10 achievements. To get the full 200G and complete the storyline I would say you need to play through the whole game once and spend at most half an hour online with a friend.

Storyline 4/10
Multiplayer 6.5/10
Game play/Controls (2 when using Kinect) 6/10
Graphics 5.5/10
Sounds 2/10
Achievements 7/10

Overall 6/10

FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : FoxyBoy89
Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2012-05-28
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 5760

Back to top Go down

Babel Rising Empty Re: Babel Rising

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Nice review fella Smile

I think it's one for me to give a miss based on the repetative noises and that 'child moaning'. My ears seem to target in on annoying sounds.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks, and its te first ever review i have written, and like i stated above the 'child moaning' noise is a bit strange.
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:32 pm

FoxyBoy1989 wrote:Thanks, and its te first ever review i have written, and like i stated above the 'child moaning' noise is a bit strange.

I'm terrible with some games, if they have repetative bits in/ bit's I just can't stop listening to I either never play the game again or have to turn the sounde off and put music on.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14195

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Good review mate
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9062

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 pm

minkey_monkey wrote:
FoxyBoy1989 wrote:Thanks, and its te first ever review i have written, and like i stated above the 'child moaning' noise is a bit strange.

I'm terrible with some games, if they have repetative bits in/ bit's I just can't stop listening to I either never play the game again or have to turn the sounde off and put music on.

I find myself putting music on very often when playing games that dont need to be listened to or are repetative!

Ba5sett wrote:Good review mate

cheers mate
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Nice work mate, alas not for me Very Happy
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Elite Member Points : 6171

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Sounds like a frustrating game I would quickly lose interest in. Good review though fella

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:41 pm

cheers for the praise Very Happy

For a first effort at a review it's not bad, hopefully get more chances to do more
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Good effort Foxy!!

Sounds like one of those you snap up on Deal Of The Week when you fancy boosting your completed games tally!

I'm sure i'd be very good at this game though, as i'm used to having to shoo hordes of women away from my tower of course!!!

Guffaww Guffaw!!! Snort!! Embarassed
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13369

Back to top Go down

Post  FoxyBoy89 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:Good effort Foxy!!

Sounds like one of those you snap up on Deal Of The Week when you fancy boosting your completed games tally!

I'm sure i'd be very good at this game though, as i'm used to having to shoo hordes of women away from my tower of course!!!

Guffaww Guffaw!!! Snort!! Embarassed

Cheers mate,

and ill have to take your word for that! affraid
FoxyBoy89
FoxyBoy89
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Slayer1189 Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Nice review. Curious about this game but i'll definitely pass for now. maybe one day

Slayer1189
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Slayer1189
Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2012-01-19
TGD Elite Member Points : 4894

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content