The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips Topic

Go down

Tips Topic Empty Tips Topic

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Thought it might be nice to have a topic dedicated to some tips for classic games

Basically there are lots of times I have finished a game and wish I had done something a different way or had known something earlier

When I recall them I intend to add them here

So first up

Godfather

Dont collect any film reels until you have finished the rest of the game and you have a good guide in your lap. I got a few as I was going through and then spent about 10 hours having to go through all 100 locations over and over until I finally found the missing one. I have made the same mistake on Hulk too and have given up finding out which collect I am missing after spending weeks redoing the lists.

Skyrim

The 15 Deadric effect ach is glitchy. So check out all 15 requirements in advance and as you are playing if one glitches then load up your previous save and try again. Dont go on without getting the effect sorted. I have spent 100 hours on this game and because I have 1 of these Deadric events glitched from back at about the 20 hour mark, the only way I will get this ach is by going back and losing the abilities built up over the last 80 hours. I have decided not to bother.

As I remember more stuff I will add it

Back to top Go down

Tips Topic Empty Re: Tips Topic

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Green Lantern

Whilst this is not a difficult game you can make it much easier on yourself by playing it through twice to build up your powers and constructs

I was trying to beat it by stacking the difficulty level and found a couple of the levels especially the time limit one were a right PITA when I was underpowered. So I ditched the tough playthru and switched to easy. Second playthru was the proverbial piece of piss when armed with all the goodies

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Split Second and other racing games

When faced with beating a time on a race one trick which works well (and I am sure a lot of you use already!) is to reverse up from the start line as far as possible so that when you are crossing the line to start any timer you are already at full speed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Splatterhouse

Main issues folks get stuck on is the end of chapter 11
There is a sideways scoller bit towards the end and in a chest is a peice of piping. Grab that and make sure you keep it as you enter the arena where you face two enemy versions of yourself. By using RT and Y you can perform a hoooj bunch of uppercuts on the enemies which should fill your blood bar quick. Then you can either splattersmash or go into bezerker mode. The pipe is the key. I have hated this game and struggled on all the levels, but in beating it on Brutal difficulty I died only once on this bit having beaten it on normal first go.

Of course you could just throw disc in bin and save yourself a week of playing this pile of horse cock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum