The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12

4 posters

Go down

Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12 Empty Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12

Post  Tenlo Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 pm

My apologies for missing out last week, it just slipped my mind, but I'll cover what the release was below. I'll also include the current bargains still ongoing in the marketplace as well as any news I uncover. So let's begin.

Last Week's new release

Civilization Revolution - £2.29

GLOBAL DOMINATION TO GO!

Build. Discover. Conquer. Rule the World!

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution is an award-winning title with “just one more turn” put into the palms of your hands. Lead your civilization from the dawn of man to the modern age and beyond. Go head to head with history’s greatest leaders as you wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, inspire your nation and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.

For nearly two decades, the Sid Meier’s Civilization® franchise has been the benchmark for strategy gaming and is available and updated for Windows Phone 7. You can choose from 16 Civilizations (including America, Spain, China, Japan and Germany) to lead one of four different victory conditions: Technology, Domination, Economic or Cultural. Engage in strategic combat across a randomly generated map for many hours of replayability or use the Scenario Creator to create your own challenge. With multiple difficulty levels, an integrated tutorial and friendly advisors to help newcomers and seasoned Civ veterans alike this is a game for anyone.

This Week's Release

Sid Meier's Pirates

All hands on Deck! Sid Meier's Pirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customizable ships as they descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. As a fearless Pirate Captain you will collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts at every port. The wild call of the ocean will lure you back to sea where you'll encounter enemy pirates and engage in mind-blowing open sea battles unlike any other game before on the Windows Phone 7.

• Take the helm of 27 ships and customize them with assorted ammo, cannons and other upgrades
• The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the Windows Phone 7 to take full advantage of touch controls
• Use the Windows Phone 7 touch controls to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor's mansion
• Challenge and pursue the most famous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and Henry Morgan

Deal of the Week

3D Brick Breaker Revolution

Get blown away by stunning 3D graphics and up to 24 insane power-ups – including Jump, Vision Twist, Laser, Cannons, Nuke, Unstoppable and more! Take on infinite levels, epic boss battles, secret bonus levels and more! Four amazing game modes deliver endless excitement: Revolution, Nightmare, Classic and Time Attack! Break your first brick to start a 3D revolution today!

The Kent Hammer note - As far I'm aware none of these are easy completions. Thanks to Graham I can now say Civilization is an easy max!

Sale

As I posted earlier in the week there are currently a number of titles reduced to 79p, so if you still haven't picked them up there's still time though no idea when this sale is finishing but at time of writing they're still live. I'd recommend picking up at least Doodle God, IonballEx and Toy Soldiers as they are all reasonably easy completions!

Angry Birds (WP) - £0.79
Burn the Rope (WP) - £0.79
Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp (WP) - £0.79
de Blob Revolution (WP) - £0.79
Max & the Magic Marker (WP) - £0.79
IonBallEX (WP) -£0.79
Doodle God (WP) - £0.79

News

Next week release will be Monsterland a bomb throwing game where you have to aim your bombs carefully to take out your targets.

Some other titles on their way include Feed me oil! though no idea what it is about.

For new buyers of phones or upgraders it seems that there is little difference between Lumia 900 and HTC Titan II unless your after something specific, for instance the Titan has the larger screen but the Lumia has brighter colours!

That's all this week enjoy!

Last edited by Tenlo on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12 Empty Re: Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks mate.

I do always need to easy max updates!

Tempting as both look good games, but if they are hard screw em! Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12 Empty Re: Windows Phone Update - 11/4/12 - 17/4/12

Post  stubbymite Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm

i am liking my phone at the mo and loving getting cheevs on the go but so many cheap games and i need to finish off before getting more must learn Mad
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10071

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Civilization is an easy max. There are only really two achievements you have to go out of your way to do (finding a natural wonder and gaining an ability in combat), the rest just involve you playing the game and winning with each civilization. All can be done on the easiest difficulty as well. I maxed it out over two days.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11098

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:33 pm

I'll add Civilizatin to the easy max list then. With my backlog I'll probably wait for a deal of the week on that one though!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11947

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Graham's idea of an easy arcade or WP7 max might be a tad different too mine!

HE IS A MACHINE.

NOBODY HAS HEARD HIM SPEAK.

HE HAS TITANIUM THUMBS.

HE DOES NOT EAT YOU JUST TYPE IN 25 DIGIT CODES TOO POWER HIM ABIT LONGER.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25635

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum