The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Planet 3

5 posters

Go down

Lost Planet 3 Empty Lost Planet 3

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Official announcement is expected later today apparently but this trailer has leaked early....

Haven't played the second game, but enjoyed what little time I spent with LP1.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11080

Back to top Go down

Lost Planet 3 Empty Re: Lost Planet 3

Post  Liquid Code Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Nice. I enjoyed the second one. Lets hope the achievements arnt as hard to get this time. Doesnt the second one have an award for being the hardest game of all time to get 1000 on? If not it should have.
Liquid Code
Liquid Code
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Liquid Code
Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2010-06-30
TGD Reputation : 121
TGD Elite Member Points : 6707

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Liquid Code wrote:Nice. I enjoyed the second one. Lets hope the achievements arnt as hard to get this time. Doesnt the second one have an award for being the hardest game of all time to get 1000 on? If not it should have.

its an actual joke really hard to boost as only chinese people seem to play the game. but both top nothc games all the same.

I am sure that the second one is somat daft like 6000 plus ta score
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah, TA score of 5,885 currently......over 20,000 TA players started it, but only 75 have complete it!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I've bought the first two but have yet to get lost in either of them.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8134

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Lost Planet 3 will be a prequel to the first two entries and will (as the trailer showed) mark a return to the extreme and unpredictable conditions of the original. Gamers will be playing as Jim, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on hazardous and lucrative jobs working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing E.D.N. III for colonization by charting terrain and obtaining samples of Thermal Energy.

The crux of the story involves the NEVEC's Thermal Energy reserves running low, which leads Jim to take increasingly riskier (and higher paying) jobs to locate natural sources of Thermal Energy on E.D.N. III. Playing as Jim, gamers will get to use his utility rig which provides safe harbor from the dangerous climate changes and a variety of tools to assist in the collection of Thermal Energy.

Capcom has also provided a few tech notes:

* The game will shift between the first person point of view (while in the rig) and the third person point of view (while on foot).

* Lost Planet 3 will utilize the Unreal 3 Engine, not the MT Framework engine that powered the past two titles.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:41 am

Well Graham has covered this pretty well and spoke about most of the stuff involved but heres the official E3 trailer and press release which may give you a little extra info.

The latest chapter in the Lost Planet series comes to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC in early 2013. The extreme and unpredictable conditions that characterized the Lost Planet series return, harsher than ever before. Lost Planet 3 reveals new truths about the foreboding planet and the colonial history of E.D.N. III.

Lost Planet 3 introduces Jim, a rig pilot who leaves Earth to take on a hazardous but lucrative contract on E.D.N. III. Working for Neo-Venus Construction (NEVEC) who are preparing the planet for colonization, Jim joins his fellow pioneers at the Coronis base and begins surveying the uncharted terrain and obtaining samples of the planet’s energy supply – Thermal Energy.

With NEVEC’s existing Thermal Energy reserve running low the fate of the Coronis mission depends on the natural source of the energy supply being located. Realizing that this is a great opportunity for a huge pay-off and early ticket home to his family, Jim braves the risk of the treacherous environment and threat of the indigenous Akrid. Acting as a home away from home and boasting an array of tools that can assist Jim on the field, the utility rig provides Jim’s safety and is essential for not only his contract work but also his protection against the ever-changing climate.

Lost Planet 3 will deliver a diverse range of gameplay including on-foot battles and intense first person action. With a number of multiplayer modes and a compelling single player experience, Lost Planet 3 will delve deeper into the Lost Planet universe, uncovering hidden truths within the unique and dynamic environment of E.D.N. III.

Game Features:

Return to extreme conditions – Taking the series back to its roots Lost Planet 3 returns to E.D.N. III, delivering a dynamic battle field that’s more dangerous than ever before with an ever changing climate that will affect the way you play

Brave the terrifying – Play as blue collar worker Jim, risking assignments in treacherous conditions to earn his hazard pay and return home to his family

Home away from home – Protect yourself from hostile Akrid and the unpredictable ice storms on E.D.N. III with your utility rig. Equipped with an assortment of tools you’ll need to learn to use the rig to your advantage in order to survive

Gameplay Variety – Offering a mix of first person combat in the rig and third person gunplay on foot

Intense, cinematic experience –Developed with the Unreal Engine 3, Lost Planet 3 presents a visually stunning and unique terrain that impacts the gameplay

Killer enemies – The Akrid are back, bigger and angrier and demanding a more tactical approach during combat

Reveal the hidden truths of E.D.N. III – The uncharted world has many secrets locked away. Jim’ search for T-Energy will ultimately reveal further mysteries

Lonely Planet? – Lost Planet 3 will support a full set of multiplayer modes that enhance players experience of the Lost Planet world
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11929

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 am

i had a go on these over the weekedn actually on my other tag and they are really good games. Graphically they are brilliant and so much play time in them its un real.

I am gonna get them started i have no doubt i will get some of the cheevs out of it.

I doubt very much i will ever finish these Shocked
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10053

Back to top Go down