The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues!

4 posters

Go down

Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues! Empty Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues!

Post  Tenlo Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

First up please don't post up about the ending of Mass Effect 3 in any detail on here, I haven't finished it yet and I'm assuming a number of other haven't either.

More importantly those who have finished it and have found it unsatisfactory can now hope that things will be settled with a free DLC pack which will add new cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes to pacify those angry fans. The argument put up about this is that should game companies bend over to customers to change the ending of their own game. You wouldn't expect a film maker to do it so its suprising that that people expect game makers to do it too though saying that I haven't seen the ME3 ending so can't really comment.

But regardless of that most importantly its EA giving away free DLC obviously that award they won may have bothered more than they let on!

Original article
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11925

Back to top Go down

Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues! Empty Re: Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues!

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Disappointed they've done this. It sets a worrying precedent. True, the ending wasn't great, but you can't please everyone....especially after investing 100+ hours in the story. Where will this lead? I wasn't too enamoured about some events in Gears 3, or Modern Warfare 3, can I have new endings for them please?

Fair play though, if it is gonna be free and the fact that it's due out in the Summer leads to think that they haven't simply been sitting on it and it's stuff they're working on right now.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go and complain about George Lucas and the Wachowskis.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11076

Back to top Go down

Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues! Empty Re: Free Mass Effect 3 DLC to fix ending issues!

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah I'm with Graham on this, I thought the ending was shit but at the end of the day it's their game and they can end it however they want. I think giving in and deciding to change might have been a bad idea. As was said in the first post, nobody would expect a film maker to change their ending so why would people expect a game developer to?
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:54 pm

true ninja

i always remember watching the alternate ending to first series of 24

not only did it make you wince with the cheesiness, but also made no sense as soon as series 2 started Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 pm

There's been a press release clarifying this DLC. It's not an alternative ending just an explanation of the ending in more clarity. The full press release is below.

An official press release went out today announcing how we are re-prioritizing the Mass Effect 3 post release content schedule to provide a more fleshed out experience for our fans. For many of you the "Extended Cut" will help answer some questions and give closure to this chapter of the Mass Effect story. Oh and it's at no cost to you - the fan.

Here is a mini FAQ to help you understand what the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is and isn't:

What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?

For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard's journey.

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?

No. BioWare strongly believes in the team's artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?

Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?

Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard's story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11925

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:07 pm

I am dissapointed that they have releashed a DLC to change the ending of the game. I agree that the ending wasn't the best but it's their game and they have a right to end the game how they like and not bow down to pressure from fans
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9452

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum