The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could we be down a company next generation??

3 posters

Go down

Could we be down a company next generation?? Empty Could we be down a company next generation??

Post  Tenlo Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 am

Rather than link this article I'll paste it over from Industrygamers.com but the link is here

Sony was quick to shoot down rumors that a PS4 would be announced at this year's E3, but things just got a lot more interesting all of a sudden, as cloud gaming service Gaikai has commented that one of the current console manufacturers actually won't be creating another console for the next generation. Speaking during CES, Nanea Reeves, chief product officer for Gaikai, predicted, "Not all of the current console makers will have one more generation. That will be the big news at E3."

If true, wow. With Wii U guaranteed to launch in 2012, that means it's either going to be Microsoft or Sony. Our take is that it's probably Sony because financially the company would have a tougher time with the huge R&D and manufacturing for yet another new console.

Beyond that, it's easy to speculate that perhaps Sony is working on some major cloud gaming partnership with Gaikai instead of devoting resources to another piece of hardware. We'll bring you more as we hear it!

Obviously this is nothing but speculation but with Microsoft definitely making a new console from all accounts could this become a one dog race? Let's be fair Microsoft know how to corner a market after the PC market and have they now accomplished the same with consoles. I'd like to see just on console next gen as at the moment you tend to have to buy two consoles to get all the exclusives for both platforms (yes I know the Wii exists but I have trouble considering it as a console!), it wouldn't harm Sony too much and SEGA have proven you can still be successful after bowing out of the console race. But I guess all will be revealed at E3, it looks like this could be an interesting year for gaming if not for the reasons we expected!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11940

Back to top Go down

Could we be down a company next generation?? Empty Re: Could we be down a company next generation??

Post  Ba5sett Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:59 am

I'd take this with a pinch of salt but its an interesting rumor, personally I think that having a rival console is a good thing as it pushes each company on to try and make theirs the best. That rivalry has always been there since the first consoles and without it there would be a danger of the remaining platfrom holder to becoming complacent, would be interesting if someone else stepped in with a new console though
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9073

Back to top Go down

Could we be down a company next generation?? Empty Re: Could we be down a company next generation??

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:57 am

I'd also take this with a pinch of salt. I think with Sony there is a prestige thing that has kept them making consoles even though the consoles themselves don't make them enough money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevilinho Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 pm

sony shouldnt make one anyway the said the ps3 will be around for 10 years before they need a new one and with the ps3 coming out in november 2006 it means 2016 should be the year to release one and of course they brought out the slim not too long after the initial release and of course the million psp handhelds they have created aswell should actually do there consumers a favour and stick to there word

and of course as many ps3 fanbos say the ps3 is far superior in graphics to the 360 then why would they need a next gen console?
Stevilinho
Stevilinho
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stevilinho
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-10-10
TGD Reputation : 1
TGD Elite Member Points : 5416

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum