The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC

5 posters

Go down

KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC Empty KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC

Post  mosher666 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 pm

EA really wants you to play its demos of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3, which is why it's running a cross promotion in which anyone who plays each demo can unlock exclusive content for both games. Playing the Reckoning demo - which is available from January 17th - unlocks two items for the full version of Mass Effect 3, both designed by Todd McFarlane, while playing the Mass Effect 3 demo when it releases, will unlock content for the full version of Reckoning.

Here's what you'll get in Mass Effect 3 for playing the Reckoning demo:
•Reckoner Knight Armour: This armour will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed—up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
•The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.

And here's what you'll get in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, for playing the upcoming Mass Effect 3 demo:
•N7 Armour: Players can unlock special armour inspired by Commander Shepard's iconic N7 battle armour including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
•Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard's Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.

You'll also unlock some in-game rewards for Reckoning itself by playing the demo, granting you some added benefits, should you decide to pick up the full version of the RPG when it releases. Take a look:
•Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player's ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
•Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
•The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players' fire damage throughout Amalur.

So, there you have it. Some pretty decent incentives to download those demos when they release. You'll be able to get your hands on the Reckoning demo on January 17th, and the Mass Effect 3 demo should be out soonafter, although a date has yet to be nailed down. The full version of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is out on February 7th, 2012 in North America and February 10th, 2012 in Europe, so conventional wisdom would suggest that the ME3 demo will be out before then, so you can unlock and use the demo's DLC.
mosher666
mosher666
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Mosher666
Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2010-09-09
TGD Reputation : 80
TGD Elite Member Points : 6748

Back to top Go down

KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC Empty Re: KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC

Post  Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Cool, I was going to download both these demos anyways so its nice to get some reward for doing so Very Happy

Back to top Go down

KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC Empty Re: KoA: Reckoning and Mass Effect 3 Demos Each Bring Exclusive DLC

Post  Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

I have been intrigued by Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for a while so its great there will be a demo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm

They must be confident that the KOA demo will be the business! It's a nice idea! Like it.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13364

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 am

This is a good idea, I'll be checking both demos anyway but the extra incentives are appreciated!
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:09 am

yep this doesn't sound like a bad idea, will have to check out both demo's when they're available.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 7200

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:They must be confident that the KOA demo will be the business! It's a nice idea! Like it.
I would consider any game that has Ken Rolston involved. I would be very surprised if its cack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:10 pm

the KOA: The Reckoning demo is out now....

Linkage

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks Niteowl, most of my xbox related news comes via you these days Very Happy much appreciated
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9057

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 am

Ba5sett wrote:Thanks Niteowl, most of my xbox related news comes via you these days Very Happy much appreciated

Lol. Don't get too used to it as am properly job hunting now Xmas is over :/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:30 am

I played some of the Darkness 2 last night and its pretty good. The quad controls my take some time to get used to but as its the demo they may just have piled everything on you a bit too rapidly. However it feels like the original Darkness as far as gameplay goes and it does give you a great feeling of being a supernatural bad ass so its looking good in my eyes. The change in artstyle works quite nicely too.
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11924

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:11 pm

The Mass Effect 3 demo has been dated for the 14th February so out after KOA: The Reckoning so not sure how the unlocks will work now :/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 pm

My apologies for some reason I thought the Darkness 2 demo was included in this topic, feck knows why?
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11924

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum