The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox

4 posters

Go down

A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox Empty A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox

Post  Tenlo Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 pm

I came across this article today and while reading it was struck by how much it makes sense and why possibly Microsoft are a lot smarter and bigger thinking than we thought. If the article turns out to be accurate and this is the way MS plan to go, they could quite literally blow the PS4 out of the water but not as a gaming console but as an entertainment system.

Linkage
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox Empty RE:A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 am

Good find Tenlo!

I'm sure the guy is right. A multi-media device has always been the plan. I don't think that was a real secret. This new dashboard update has un-nerved me as a gamer though. I hope they don't shift the focus too much away from games. I don't think they will however. There's no reason why the Xbox can't be a media device and a top spec hardcore games platform is there?? Hopefully not.

I'm glad they're making the Xbox platform appeal to everyone, as it helps guarantee it's success, but I hope that as it evolves in that direction, it doesn't just become a casual gamers device! Who knows, we might end up turning back to ninty and Sega for our "Proper" gaming!

Another thought...... With all the media advertising on there, and with the aim being to get a box in everyone's living room, should Xbox Live eventually be free??

Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13376

Back to top Go down

A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox Empty Re: A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox

Post  Tenlo Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:26 am

Actually a thought has occured to me, could achievements be included for other media.

100GS - Mercy Killing - Stopped a Gareth Gates track 2 seconds into its start
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox Empty Re: A thought provoking feature on the future of Xbox

Post  Sh00t3rmcgavin2 Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 am

I only use my console as a games machine, I sometimes wonder what exciting things Im missing out on! I really must make an effort to check it all out.
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Sh00t3rmcgavin2
Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2011-12-21
TGD Reputation : 0
TGD Elite Member Points : 6178

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 am

I fully embrace this future. I already use it s a media machine and only crappy Internet has stopped me using it further.

Both Lovefilm and Netflix have been welcomed by me as have the on demand TV channels. I have used my 360 to run films and TV off USB sticks for a while so it makes it easier. Just needs and integrated web browser now and the ability to have more than one feature running at a time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ba5sett Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:31 am

I have a home theatre PC set up in my front room which I use for playing media so I don't tend to use to xbox for this kind of thing, its good for people who don't have the time, patience or knowledge to set something like that up though. As long as they don't neglect the core function of creating a gaming machine then I will be happy, a little worried that they may try to create a jack of all trades box rather than one which is focused on creating a great gaming experience. They wouldn't do that to us though would they?....
Ba5sett
Ba5sett
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Ba5sett
Number of posts : 3288
Registration date : 2009-09-18
TGD Reputation : 58
TGD Elite Member Points : 9069

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum