The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ*****

+11
Truly Jaded
totalindecision
GrahamOfTheDead
RabidHellBunny
chrism1066
minkey_monkey
Tenlo
MysticalMarmite
garymason72
Colne Crusader
Ninja Yaro
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ***** - Page 2 Empty ******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ*****

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

GLADIATORS

READY

CONTESTANTS

READY

DODGY SWEDISH BIRD WHO BANGS ANYTHING

ALWAYS READY

SAD OLD GET WHO HAS AN ANIMAL AS HIS NAME

READY

So we have waited for the Beta
We have stored our easy point discs
Some of you have installed games to the 360 to save precious minutes

That is all history!!

ITS COMPO TIME

HERE ARE THE ROOOOLZ

1. 360 Voice will be my source of scores and its what it shows that counts ONLY!

2. If you are not showing having logged on, during the 25th at some point then you will be excluded as I need it to pick up your real starting score. So log into Live and play it sometime on Monday or up to 6 am on Tuesday to be sure of being eligible. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

3. You starting score will be what 360 Voice reports to me at 9AM on Tuesday Morning. I would suggest you run the risk of missing out on score if you play for points earlier than that.

4. The final scores will be taken from 360 voice at 9AM on Tuesday week.
This is a cracking time for a compo as there are so many bank holidays in the timeframe.

5. I will be collecting the data at the same time each day.
If you have played that day then you will qualify for a bonus at the end. If you play everyday of the compo you will get a further bonus. Every group will also have a factor applied so that the folks who have bigger scores at the start are not disadvantaged because they have already bagged the 5 hours to 1000 pile of titles.

6. The prizes will be awarded on a week wednesday and I will make sure that every winner gets something nice, but the big kudos will be having the badge on your forum posts!

Time permitting I will try each day and publish the tables of leaders in groups and overall. (I intend to do this everyday but sometimes my workload drowns even my best intentions)

7.Anyone caught cheating will be debagged in the street and forced to listen to Susan Boyle 24/7.

8. THIS IS JUST A BIT OF FUN SO BOOT UP YER AVATAR AND HORSE2s and ENJOY YOUR BAD SELVES.

Chin Chin

any questions ask me in here not

I have closed entries now and FYI there are a massive 29 of us playing for glory. I am well impressed by your enthooooooooooosiam folks.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

REMEMBER TOO

You will be in a group of your peers

Level A up to 30K
Level B up to 60K
Level C up to 100K
Level D up to 125K
Level E above 125K

Whoever scores the most in each section will win a prize

Then there will be a prize for the individual who has scored the most points overall

Then there will be the award for the Ultimate Warrior Winner

This will be based on an adjusted total
The adjustments will allow folks with higher scores who naturally will have whored the easy points to get an uplift on their totals. You will also get an uplift by playing each day. And finally there will be an uplift if you play every single day of the competition. These last 2 uplifts will mean you have to log into Live and should stop folks trying to hide their totals and then plonking a load in last day! (You can do that of course but you will miss out on your bonus uplifts)

I hope that gives everyone a chance irrespective of how much you have done already.
You have a chance against your peers and you have a chance to be the big winner.

Depending on how many prize donations I get, I may be able to offer spot prizes etc.

Last edited by Everton on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ***** - Page 2 Empty Re: ******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ*****

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 am

Right so it's officially Monday, I've logged into XBOX live, I've even had a quick run on sonic and unlocked a precious achievement lol just so it acknowledges I've been online!

I also now have a bag with 9 games in that my friend is letting me borrow for the week in return for a BBQ we had earlier in the day lol. So got a good mix going on. List to finalise tomorrow. Pretty sure I'll get my arse whooped by you guys but feel a little bit of pride for my organization and forward planning lol. If only I could apply it to every day life haha!

Bring on a week of gaming and sore thumbs! .. Speaking of which my thumb is nearly healed YAY!

minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ***** - Page 2 Empty Re: ******COMPO FINAL DETAILS AND RULES AND STUFF THINGS ETC LOLZ*****

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 am

I'd better get down Grainger Games n Gamestation and see if i can find some more slags that are easy cheeble games lol

I had a quick blast of Hannah Montana whilst my Daugter was playing it... i know what i'm in for and i am prepared lol just

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am

Well my disc drive is on the way out so gonna have to be arcade games for me till thursday

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Damn. That's bad timing mate! Get powerin' through them arcaders!! Go on son!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:35 pm

*Walks back in with Ice Age dawn of the dinos, Ironman, Lego Indy n Kung fu panda (boxset) and for something completely different.... World series of Poker lol*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:44 pm

EASTER is over

I can haz buy things!!!

Just orderd Rango

yay

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Scabby McGash wrote:*Walks back in with Ice Age dawn of the dinos, Ironman, Lego Indy n Kung fu panda (boxset) and for something completely different.... World series of Poker lol*
SLAG!!!!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:51 pm

I hope you've all ordered the following games guys:

Devil May cry 4
Lost Planet
Bejewelled 2
Earth Defence Force

You should all play these this week.
Guaranteed easy points! Trust me!!!

Wink
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 pm

lolz

thats my list Colne Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Here's what I've got lined up now so far.....

Retail:

King Kong
Where the Wild Things Are
NHL 2k6
NBA 2k6
Jumper
POTC: At Worlds End
Truth or Lies
X-Men: The Official Game
Up
Madden NFL 06
Madden NFL 08
FIFA Road to the World Cup 2006
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Need for Speed Most Wanted

Arcade:

Blade Kitten
Costume Quest
Crystal Defenders
Ecco the Dolphin
Faery
Sealife Safari
Spare Parts
Unbound Saga
Zeno Clash

Cannot wait for this to kick off. Highly unlikely I'll max all these out, but it's going to be a blast trying. I'm also perilously close to maxing out Bejeweled Blitz Live, so I'm saving that for 9.01 tomorrow morning. 5 minutes on that to get me in the scoring mood.

Last edited by GrahamOfTheDead on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:10 pm

When can I start playing SAW then??
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:11 pm

gotd looks like a hot fave with all those easy points

its days like this that I regret whoring all those 5 hour games years ago Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  MysticalMarmite Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:03 pm

logged in and playing nothing lol... well i might sling something in maybe take my frustrations out on blops for 10 mins lol.. Bring it on!
MysticalMarmite
MysticalMarmite
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : MysticalMarmite
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-01-10
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

I got a 5g achievement on Portal 2 earlier......dammit.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Colne Crusader wrote:
Scabby McGash wrote:*Walks back in with Ice Age dawn of the dinos, Ironman, Lego Indy n Kung fu panda (boxset) and for something completely different.... World series of Poker lol*
SLAG!!!!

Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:13 pm

my money is on gotd also i have around 8 easy cheev games but lets see what i actually get played

all the best everyone let the best man or lady win Smile
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10070

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Has anyone else actually written down all the games they have to play and started to wonder if there are enough hours in the day? lol

Just got my list completed and it's looking like a healthy score, been realistic on the cheevs I can and can't get but I'm also starting to wonder if I have enough hours or if I'm going to sleep. I highly suspect that I will be back on caffeine for the next week!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:33 pm

monkeys_rock wrote:Has anyone else actually written down all the games they have to play and started to wonder if there are enough hours in the day? lol

Just got my list completed and it's looking like a healthy score, been realistic on the cheevs I can and can't get but I'm also starting to wonder if I have enough hours or if I'm going to sleep. I highly suspect that I will be back on caffeine for the next week!

I agree! I've got quite a few games, (and I've written a list :-) but I think that, with all the excitement, i'm being unrealistic as to how much time I'll actually get to spend gaming. I'll probably score far less than I would hope to! Crying or Very sad
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Just messaged a few of my local live friends to borrow some games I hope they all have young sisters that have the kiddies games and they will lend me them, bring on 09.01 tomorrow.
First up Megamind, my 4 year old daughters poped 3 chevos on this for 55gs in 10 mins, I best have 1000 by lunch.
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : wewon5times
Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 5961

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm

I guess I can reveal my improved list now.

I have:

Hannah Montana
Truth or Lies
NBA Live 06
NBA Live 07
Jericho
NHL2K7
Madden NFL 08
Jumper
Cars: Race-O-Rama
Cars: Mater-National
Ben 10
Kung Fu Panda
Spongebobs Truth or Square

Then there's a bunch of games I've been working on, which I can play for like an hour each to get around another 1k.

Then a bunch of arcade games I haven't finished yet. And I'll hopefully end up with a few more from Lovefilm Smile
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 pm

I got 50g purely by accident of bejewelled blitz earlier, FFS lol

But at least I've got an even 74k for the start

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:28 am

Managed to get 700GS on my gf''s gamertag over the past two evenings, so am confidant that a slow steady increase over the seven days is going to ensure in a close contest for 1st
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 am

700 I want close on 1500 on my first day.
They best have some bargains in the game shops tomorrow as i think ill at best get just 6 games from love film and that wont be enough.
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:42 am

I expect there's gonna be a shit load of games added to the gameshare with these easy whorers once this is done Wink. I have 7 to add already lol.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  wewon5times Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:02 am

I want them all tomorrow please leigh.
Ps
GO GO GO GO GO GO
wewon5times
wewon5times
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Wewon have you checked your pm's? Sent you one for addy for truth or lies.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2