The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2

+8
Gabhlan
Ninja Yaro
Truly Jaded
stubbymite
MysticalMarmite
Leigh36295
Asurans Progeny
Stucowie
12 posters

Go down

Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2 Empty Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2

Post  Stucowie Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 am

I spend a lot of time on youtube, and the general concensus amongst quite a few directors, and also thousands and thousands of people who watch videos of black ops is that in terms of multiplayer, MW2 is better and there has been a big surge in people going back to MW2.

For me, I find black ops better online... I dont have to contend with noobtubers, commando using whores, or people spamming OMA, and a lot less camping! oh yes, and quick/noscopers Mad

I love black ops online. Dont get me wrong I (did) like MW2 online, I wasn't great at it but I did have like a 1.3 K/D ratio.. I tried to go back to it a few weeks ago and I thought it sucked flumping arse

In my opinion, Black ops is more accessible to someone like me, who generally doesn't play that much competitive MP and even my brother, who never wants to do competitive MP but on Black ops he does, because its easier to get to grips with, than MW2!

Whats the GSA opinion on this..?

Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6036

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2 Empty Re: Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2

Post  Asurans Progeny Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 am

Black Ops for me, was purly camping only. You move you die, I didn't enjoy it at all. It wasn't that I couldn't kill people, I won the majourty of my online matches. But it wasn't fun, it was too stressful to kill people without being kill by a bush staight away.

In my opinion MW2 is better, simply due to the playabilty of the game.
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6587

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 am

Asurans Progeny wrote:Black Ops for me, was purly camping only. You move you die, I didn't enjoy it at all. It wasn't that I couldn't kill people, I won the majourty of my online matches. But it wasn't fun, it was too stressful to kill people without being killed by a bush staight away.

In my opinion MW2 is better, simply due to the playabilty of the game.

Thats the way I want to go......

preferably Cindy Crawfords

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am

Black Ops has a lot of flaws, countless amounts of times, Ive killed someone only for him to spawn either right behind me or right beside me WTF.

On TDM you get nowt but people camping the spawn points and spawn killing so you cant even move and as for quick/no scopers, they are still active in Black Ops - but I do enjoy both games although at a push MW2 is the best.

The amount of times Ive exploded my RC-XD right at someones foot and all its given me is a hit marker is unbelievable Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 am

I loved Modern Warfare 2 at first, I was majorly hyped for it, and the multiplayer lived up to that hype.

But then people kept boosting with the Tactical Insertion thing in free for all, pretty much 50% of the games I joined had one guy killing a few friends so he could get a nuke. As fun as it was making it my personal goal in life, to ruin their killstreak, it soon got boring and I quit playing completely. I would give it a shot again though, but I've lost my disk somehow. Think I might have accidently sent it to Lovefilm :/

Black Ops still has the fun feel for me, I get annoyed everytime I die, I use language that would make Frank Gallagher blush, but I can still sit and play it for hours at a time, and still enjoy it. So right now for me it has to be Black Ops.

Although, World at War pwns all Wink. That game lasted me the entire year without getting bored, and I was playing it almost everyday.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10131

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:25 am

Mw2 was fun, until the glitches and mods popped up over n over and over again..
Blops was.. ok i guess, it didn't feel any different to any other CoD before it, the only difference being to me was the fact if were shit at killing people, as is the norm with me then you find it takes you An Age to gain enough points to unlock a better gun with attachments..

At the end of the day if i had to choose between the two, i would leave my xbox off and go do something else. I would rather play CoD4 but i dont have it anymore lol

Back to top Go down

Post  MysticalMarmite Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 am

I rented Black Ops for a week, hated the campaigns and played online for a short while. The buying stuff was aoki and kept me entertained for a minute, the spawning is nuts and the spawn campers need theirs choping off .... I still play MW2 when I feel the need to let off steam, I am a booster hunter now by habit so thats fun even though the abuse can sometimes make my ears bleed Shocked lol but its all part of the game.... Cod 4 was the best imo but Ive just found out the kids have cracked my disk... NOT impressed, but neither will they be when they havent eaten for a week to pay for a new one !! Twisted Evil

So tl:dr MW2 is my choice
MysticalMarmite
MysticalMarmite
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : MysticalMarmite
Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-01-10
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 5317

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am

rebought mw2 few days back as i missed it to me they 2 different games even though they have the same name.

Mw2 you have more up to date guns it's more present time where as black ops guns i dont know just feel old and seem to aim where they please so you have to judge for recoil every shot.

If i was pushed i would say i prefer mw2

Back to top Go down

Post  stubbymite Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 am

for me i like both of the games but with mw2 just way to many campers. Yes we have them again in blops but i like the way you have to buy better guns and just all round earn better stuff rather than through killstreaks

for me blops is the winner
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10071

Back to top Go down

Post  Truly Jaded Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Blops for me.

I don't know if I just didn't get into MW2 because it was released at the time when I went off of gaming for a bit (dispite being hugely hyped for its release) or because it just didn't suit my playing style.

At first I really struggled with Blops, but now for the first time ever on a cod game I actually have a positive k/d ratio (not that I care lol) I'm not good at TDM or HQ anymore, which were always my game choices on mw2. I do stick to what I'm good at (domination) but still enjoy a bit of sabotage or S&D... sometimes a couple of games of "classic" cod4 style tdm are fun too.

Cod4 will always be where my heart is at though, I keep getting urges to play it!
x
Truly Jaded
Truly Jaded
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Truly Jaded
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-12-26
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5329

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I must be one of the few gamers in the world who's never played a call of duty game, for some reason I've never been too interested in them, which is strange because I play a lot of shooters. I should probably rent one sometime.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Elite Member Points : 7223

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Ninja Yaro wrote:I must be one of the few gamers in the world who's never played a call of duty game, for some reason I've never been too interested in them, which is strange because I play a lot of shooters. I should probably rent one sometime.

I'm one too.

Closest I've got is battlefeild-2, which I like, never had the urge to get a COD game (maybe it's the fish and chips reference Laughing)

When I wanted to pick one battlefield won out for the descriptions of vehicle combat and destructibility of the environments and the MW2 lost out with the many things I read about campers and cheaters on it.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8152

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm

I think we all know whatever shooter we buy it will have campers every shooter ive ever had has some type of camping.

Halo guys with snipe hiding the back of a map

Gow once again people hiding doing active snipe

Battlefield many times i got sniped with a guy hiding on a tree branch.

List goes on just in cod then tend to just sit there in a bush you then run straight back throw a grenade and they die soon they learn to move

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I prefer black ops, never got into the online in mw2.

A lot of my friends play black ops so thats why i like it so much. Its a great laugh with a few friends
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6754

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:56 pm

I will join you in the non - COD paying group. I just find the MP boring and repetitive, Bad Company is far more enjoyable Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Never tried MW2 as I detested CoD4, getting killed by a helicopter gunship?? It's an FPS isn't it?
I did get Blops but that lasted a week before being traded in as it was nothing different from what I'd seen before and not liked the first time as well. Neither story had me gripped in the slightest either.
Yet another valuable lesson in how I should listen to my gut and ignore hype, if I know I'm not going to like a game, leave it and don't get tempted just because every other bugger's playing it.

This whole "Modern" thing does me nut in! I want my real setting shooters to be against Nazi's. CoD2 is still the best CoD for me.
Fair play to those that love the games, they just don't appeal to me.

Mind you, I've been thinking lately, what sort of games do I play nowadays, RDR, Gears and Assassins Creed. I think I'm going off first person shooters Shocked

Oh, and Toe, you'd be hard pressed to find any campers in an Unreal game mate Wink They're either afk or bloody stupid, you stay still in those games and you die, instantly!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7477

Back to top Go down

Post  Ninja Yaro Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Battlefield 2 is another game I've never as well, a mate of mine plays it though and I know a few people here do so I might rent that as well, no idea if I'd like either game but I feel i should at least check them out.

I think I might feel similar to kinmad4it actually, since most of the games I've really enjoyed recently have been either single player or third person, I think I might have gone off first person shooters a bit.
Ninja Yaro
Ninja Yaro
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Ninja Yaro
Number of posts : 2009
Registration date : 2010-05-29
TGD Elite Member Points : 7223

Back to top Go down

Post  palindromic BOB Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 am

I liked MW2 but ruined by what appeared to be glitches and modders. Was even more annoyed by the lack of speed with which IW responed to problems. I do prefer Black Ops to MW2 and it's the first COD to get me regularly playing games other than TDM. Domination is espeacially fun.

Favorite FPS online is Battlefield BC2 though. Only problem is it really needs played with at least 2 others to get the most out of it. COD is easier to take online alone.
palindromic BOB
palindromic BOB
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Palindromic Bob
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2009-01-27
TGD Reputation : 63
TGD Elite Member Points : 6794

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 pm

What on earth is a "quick/no scoper"?? As if I didn't feel inadequate enough when thinking about COD online, I now learn that I don't even know the required terminology! Help! Shocked Smile
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post  Stucowie Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 pm

well in modern warfare 2, someone who tried to kill you with a sniper rifle without aiming down the scope, they just hip fired it (referred to as no-scoping) and a quick scoper is someone who literally tapped the aim down scope/sight button and fired.. all you'd see on the killcam is the scope show a picture for a mere split second... and people used to throw away easy games because they just tried to get a flash killcam by quick/no scoping.

Hope this helps Smile
Stucowie
Stucowie
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Stucowie
Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2010-10-27
TGD Reputation : 59
TGD Elite Member Points : 6036

http://gamingbyt-bo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 am

stucowie wrote:well in modern warfare 2, someone who tried to kill you with a sniper rifle without aiming down the scope, they just hip fired it (referred to as no-scoping) and a quick scoper is someone who literally tapped the aim down scope/sight button and fired.. all you'd see on the killcam is the scope show a picture for a mere split second... and people used to throw away easy games because they just tried to get a flash killcam by quick/no scoping.

Hope this helps Smile

Aaaah. I geddit! Thanks Stucowie. I didn't think it would be that because, what's the point right??! Shocked Oh well. There's some zany people out there in COD-land!! Reppage!
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13387

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content