The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those titles you end up coming back too

5 posters

Go down

Those titles you end up coming back too Empty Those titles you end up coming back too

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:45 pm

I like to try and squeeze as much out of all the games I own and this has led to me being overrun with unopened titles.

But one thing that motivates me to stick at a game is the overall ratio. So with that in mind I have been trawling through mygamercard net to see where there is stuff that still needs work doing and achs bagging.

First up I am looking at any game where I am not over the average of all gamers in score, the dreaded red arrow downwards.

Sticking out like sore thumbs are Hitman Blood Money and Viva Pinata.

I have not played these for years and obviously when I did, it was not for very long.

So they are now being promoted to the next to be played pile.

Does anyone else look back and think they should try and eek out more from oldies or do you just chuck out the current disc whenever something new arrives?

And has anyone maxxed Hitman as it looks like a PITA to me!

Smile

Back to top Go down

Those titles you end up coming back too Empty Re: Those titles you end up coming back too

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:47 pm

I've maxed out Hitman.

I used a walkthrough as I'm rubbish at stealth. I'm not great at all guns blazing either, but that's another topic altogether.

It is a PITA, but it's very doable with a walkthrough.

Back to top Go down

Those titles you end up coming back too Empty Re: Those titles you end up coming back too

Post  kinmad4it Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Darksiders is the main one I've hardly touched. Got it after trading in Dante's Inferno, which I thought was excellent but realised I wasn't going to replay it so no point in keeping it.
It's a good game but at the time I was playing Gears 2 a lot and now I'm addicted to Red Dead so don't have the time or more crucially, the inclination, to play it right now.
I've also just ordered Bioshock 2 for a tenna from Play so can't see me getting round to playing Darksiders any time soon, but I will eventually. I don't like seeing GS below the hundreds on a game, unless it's one I really don't like and wish I could delete from my played games list.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7477

Back to top Go down

Post  Philip1979 Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Been trying to get some of the older games back so i can try and compelte them; some are good and some are bad and thats why i never completed them!

Nothing in particular to mention though...
Philip1979
Philip1979
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Philip1979
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2010-05-18
TGD Reputation : 7
TGD Elite Member Points : 5475

Back to top Go down

Post  garymason72 Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:54 pm

You should give Viva Pinata another look, its a great game once you get into it. i lost about a week of my life to that game.
garymason72
garymason72
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Garymason72
Number of posts : 2506
Registration date : 2009-02-16
TGD Reputation : 171
TGD Elite Member Points : 8362

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:11 pm

If it's Viva Pinata: trouble in Paradise you have i can soften the blow a bit lol
I have a post office Full of animals all for the cheebles, have helped out all my friends that needed it so far bar one, just waiting for him to crack under the bright colours and cutsey animals and send me a msg Laughing
This offer is open to anyone by the way

Back on topic now (sorry)
Some of the games i play i do try to finish to the best of my abilities, often failing way before i hit the halfway mark (Farcry for one, just for being terrible to play) look thru my games list one day, take your pick lol I am proud to have done the 1st Mass Effect to the full, wasn't really hard, just time consuming so it makes me feel all the better whenever i see a friend that hasn't lol sad but true. I have to look for some silver lining lol
I should re visit true cheebles dot com soon, not been back for about a year, that was when i was in a cheeble gain comp with a few friends from another forum.. i think i came 2nd

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:47 pm

A Gash Pastie wrote:If it's Viva Pinata: trouble in Paradise you have i can soften the blow a bit lol
I have a post office Full of animals all for the cheebles, have helped out all my friends that needed it so far bar one, just waiting for him to crack under the bright colours and cutsey animals and send me a msg Laughing
This offer is open to anyone by the way

Back on topic now (sorry)
Some of the games i play i do try to finish to the best of my abilities, often failing way before i hit the halfway mark (Farcry for one, just for being terrible to play) look thru my games list one day, take your pick lol I am proud to have done the 1st Mass Effect to the full, wasn't really hard, just time consuming so it makes me feel all the better whenever i see a friend that hasn't lol sad but true. I have to look for some silver lining lol
I should re visit true cheebles dot com soon, not been back for about a year, that was when i was in a cheeble gain comp with a few friends from another forum.. i think i came 2nd
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ive had it sitting on shelf for months waiting for a fellow pinata lover as im to lazy to actually find them Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Oblivion is the obvious one for me. I've bought it twice and borrowed a copied and I'm now wondering about tracking down a GOTY edition for the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isle. Why? I only game for few hours a week!
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5976

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 am

Oblivion for me as well. I still haven't compleated the shivering isles and there are loads of mini stories I can still do but just didn't because they didn't unlock any cheevs. Might have a crak at finishing the isles next week when the other halfs away.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14213

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am

Well having played Hitman all week I am very glad I reinstalled it. Thanks to Mambos tip about watching the youtube guides I am now well on my way to beating this baby.

It has some poor controls and dodgy camera and 3d but the game itself is a hoot and the fact that there is so many different ways to complete each mission shows the strength of the programming..

Was on a slaughter fest last night to get the 47 kills which was shockingly fun. I had taken out all of the guards but was still a few victims short so I had to go on a bit of a random target hunt. If you are going to play this title you have to leave your morals by the door.

I never thought I would get many points at all on this but now I can see I might just max it.

Lets hope Viva Pinata also gives me this much fun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Viva Pinata gives me one hell of a headache, but I know I'll have to revisit the title soon too. I often go back over old games 'cause for a year or so a few years back I had no Xbox Live account and so I played pieces of the campaign on a bunch of games and never played them again. Timeshift is next up (when I can stop playing NFS: Shift).

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum