The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!!

+3
Jameseire85
sophosuni
KENT HAMMER
7 posters

Go down

SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!! Empty SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!!

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 11:49 am

Sorry about the post title, any mod who wants to change it feel free. Very Happy
It's just I'm really REALLY excited about this.

Title Update 6 is on it's way for Gears Of War 2 and amongst other things it's bringing a so called "social" system where ANYBODY can join an ongoing ranked match, even Horde. This is exactly what's been missing from Gears 2 multiplayer. They had it in Gears 1 but took it away...
Now, I know that any Tom, Dick or even Harry who joins could be a total noob, a total elite or even just a total knob but this is one of the best ways to meet new people playing your favourite game... well, it's my favourite anyway. Smile

Sauce: gearsofwaraddicts.com but of course they're just getting their info from the official EPIC Gears Of War forum.

"Title Update 6 makes these new improvements:
Adds a new public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox LIVE (aka player matches), open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (that is, All Fronts Collection). We’ll be having a promotion that will dramatically reduce the cost of the All Fronts Collection.
You can join Social Matches in progress and can quit any time without penalty, although players who quit a match early don’t receive earned experience (XP) from that match.
Social matchmaking lets your party join a match in progress. If a match is not found, your party hosts a new match, filling any empty player slots with bots.
Social Matches automatically cycle to the next map without further matchmaking.
Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.
If you quit, your spot is taken by a bot until a new player joins the match. That new player can join while the match is in progress.
If you join a match in progress, you are assigned a team based on XP level and party size.
If you join a match in progress, you replace a bot at the earliest opportunity: at the first bot’s death for respawning game types (for example, Annex) and at round completion for Warzone, Execution, and Wingman.
Social leaderboards become part of the War Journal.
Renames Public Matches to Ranked Xbox LIVE Matches to differentiate these from Social Xbox LIVE Matches, and adds some improvements to these matches.
Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data has been added.
Before the match begins, teams are balanced based on XP without splitting parties.
Renames Private Matches to Custom Xbox LIVE Matches and makes these matches invite-only.
Adds the ability to join Horde sessions that are in progress.
In Social Horde, you can join a session in progress through matchmaking and you are able to continue your session from the last wave you failed without starting over.
In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
If you join a session in progress, at the end of the session you receive the score you achieved during the time you spent in the session.
Improves the precision of weapon selection using the D-pad.
Improves client-side hit detection for ballistic weapons."

Back to top Go down

SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!! Empty Re: SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!!

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 am

my question is a simple one- Will this make it any easier to get the online achieves I am missing??
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25628

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!! Empty Re: SOCIAL matches coming to Gears 2, F*CK*NG A!!

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 am

Erm... I think that would depend upon your individual skill level.
So, no. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sophosuni Tue May 18, 2010 12:04 pm

I think you can keep your topic title. Just don't get to excited and knock your laptop over. Laughing
sophosuni
sophosuni
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : sophosuni
Number of posts : 1071
Registration date : 2009-09-20
TGD Reputation : 40
TGD Elite Member Points : 6594

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:47 pm

my question is have they fixed the shotgun yet Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 pm

*Wanders in*

YAWNS @ Gears 2 Razz

*Wanders out*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 pm

u love gears 2 icey dont make us bring up that poll again where u voted for it over mw2 Laughing
damn it on checkin back is was mw2 u voted for nooooooooooooooo Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 1:52 pm

That poll was fair and above board LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Jameseire85 Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Yipppeee! About flippin time. The game is defo my most played on xbox and this is great news
Jameseire85
Jameseire85
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Jameseire85
Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-04-21
TGD Reputation : 43
TGD Elite Member Points : 6747

Back to top Go down

Post  Asurans Progeny Tue May 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I swear social matches were in Gears 1.

The reason I stopped playing Gears 2 was because there was only Ranked.
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6580

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Lefty Redbeard wrote:They had it in Gears 1 but took it away...

In Gears 1 you could host a "private" match but leave it open, ie NOT "friends only".
Then every idiot under the sun could join. That's how I met most of the idiots I play with now. Very Happy

Reading the details on this Title Update it sounds like you'll soon be able to do this even with ranked matches that are "social".

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

so if I read this correctly its......

we have taken your cash and left out a feature that should always have been there

now everyone who was going to pay top dollar has paid it we will have a sale price on the DLC

hopefully folks will think we are great even though we have actually been twats

just in time for our new GOW3 hype frenzy

its ok folks you can all rest easily
nothing cynical about this update at all

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Everton wrote:we have taken your cash and left out a feature that should always have been there

This describes most if not all new releases. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Asurans Progeny Tue May 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Everton wrote:so if I read this correctly its......

we have taken your cash and left out a feature that should always have been there

now everyone who was going to pay top dollar has paid it we will have a sale price on the DLC

hopefully folks will think we are great even though we have actually been twats

just in time for our new GOW3 hype frenzy

its ok folks you can all rest easily
nothing cynical about this update at all

Spot on
Asurans Progeny
Asurans Progeny
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Asurans Progeny
Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2010-02-12
TGD Reputation : 49
TGD Elite Member Points : 6580

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Tue May 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Not sure I like the idea of splitting up your party based on XP level. If you're in a party I'd say it's pretty obvious you want to be playing together, not against each other. Also, XP is no indicator of skill level, just a measure of how long you've played the game.
I do like the idea of being able to join an already in progress Horde session, that should come in very useful.
Hope I'm reading it right, I think it's suggesting you still get XP from these new social matches, just not if you quit and no penalty for doing so. I still say anyone who quits should be punished.
The bandwidth thing for seeing who gets host, that's long overdue!
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7470

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 11:19 am

Lefty Redbeard wrote:Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.
Before the match begins, teams are balanced based on XP without splitting parties.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 11:35 am

only toe knee wrote:my question is have they fixed the shotgun yet Question

Whatever is wrong with the shotty? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabhlan Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm

Sounds great hope it works for the horde achievements. I've only got the reach wave 50 ones left now in horde so it would be nice if others were able to come and go while helping me out to them and not stuck in to a full 50 wave game.
Gabhlan
Gabhlan
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Gabhlan
Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2009-03-24
TGD Reputation : 31
TGD Elite Member Points : 8145

Back to top Go down

Post  kinmad4it Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Lefty Redbeard wrote:
Lefty Redbeard wrote:Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.

I'm guessing that's for my benefit Embarassed Sorry, I got confused and thought it said they would split up parties.
kinmad4it
kinmad4it
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : kinmad4it
Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2010-05-09
TGD Reputation : 69
TGD Elite Member Points : 7470

Back to top Go down

Post  BungholioMcOral Wed May 19, 2010 1:49 pm

I only play hoard as ranked mp is laggy as hell, 90% of players are American so connections are always crap.
BungholioMcOral
BungholioMcOral
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : BungHolioMcOral
Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-06-09
TGD Reputation : 3
TGD Elite Member Points : 5592

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm

This is mostly true...

I think four out of five games can be laggy and are REALLY REALLY controller throwingly frustrating... but that fifth game... that game where everything works. Very Happy
That's worth playing for...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 19, 2010 2:38 pm

god i miss the gears 1 shotty them was the days 2 pops of the trigger and u got a head pop.
oh and the days of a winning kill which the whole room goes awwwwwwwwwwwww made u feel like jesus for a spilt second Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum