The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed

+2
GrahamOfTheDead
minkey_monkey
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed Empty Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Original article here.

Source: Official Rock Band site.

Green Day, MTV Games, Harmonix and Reprise / Warner Bros. ™️ Records Unleash Green Day: Rock Band on the World June 8, 2010

March 11, 2010

New York – March 11, 2010 – Multi-platinum selling and Grammy®️ Award winning group Green Day, along with Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and Reprise / Warner Bros. Records today announced that Green Day: Rock Band™️, the full standalone music video game experience that celebrates Green Day’s historic career and genre-defining albums will launch worldwide June 8, 2010, for the Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®️3 computer entertainment system and the Wii™️ system from Nintendo.

Green Day: Rock Band allows players to step onto the stage and into the shoes of Green Day, the multi-platinum, Grammy®️ Award-winning band that jump-started the punk-pop revival and has continued to pave the way for American rock music into the 21st century. Taking on the likenesses of Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, players progress through the story and history of Green Day, gaining access into the band’s media vault, where they can unlock more than 100 collectible images, and more than 40 minutes of rare and unreleased video from interviews, outtakes and performances.

Featuring the three-part vocal harmony technology Harmonix introduced with the award-winning The Beatles™️: Rock Band™️, Green Day: Rock Band gives players access to an incredible setlist of 47 tracks that span the band’s career including “Brain Stew,” “Jaded,” “Hitchin’ a Ride,” “American Idiot,” “Wake Me Up When September Ends” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” All 47 tracks are fully exportable, providing players with the opportunity to play the songs in Rock Band™️, Rock Band 2™️ and the recently announced Rock Band™️3! Green Day: Rock Band™️ features an export fee of $9.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system. The export feature is not available for the Wii system. In addition, the six Green Day tracks already available in the Rock Band Music Store as downloadable content can be played in Green Day: Rock Band with added vocal harmonies, unique performance visuals, and exclusive archival material.

Green Day: Rock Band pricing is as follows:

Green Day: Rock Band standalone game for Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 system
US MSRP $59.99

Green Day: Rock Band standalone game for Wii system
US MSRP $49.99

Green Day: Rock Band Plus for Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 system (US/Canada only)
US MSRP $69.99
Includes special packaging, export and six Green Day DLC tracks ($22 total value)

Green Day: Rock Band will be released simultaneously in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and other territories on the Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Wii. The game is compatible with all Rock Band™️ instrument controllers, as well as most Guitar Hero®️ and other third-party music video game peripherals and microphones.

This latest Rock Band title aims to encapsulate the spirit and energy of a band that has sold more than 50 million records worldwide and been hailed as one of the best live acts touring today. Green Day has won critical acclaim and numerous accolades, including Grammy Awards for Best Alternative Music Performance for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot and Record of the Year for their smash hit "Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” Earlier this year, Green Day released their eighth studio album, 21st Century Breakdown, on Reprise Records. The album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, as well as on the Rock, Active Rock and Alternative charts, fueled by the alternative radio No. 1 single “Know Your Enemy,” and won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Album.

Green Day: Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB.

Green Day: Rock Band is published by MTV Games and developed by Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company and creators of the best-selling Rock Band. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) is serving as distribution partner for the game.

Back to top Go down

Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed Empty Re: Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Ohh Greenday Very Happy

Hope they favour more of the old stuff than the new. I like me some old skool Greenday Smile
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed Empty Re: Rock Band: Green Day release date finally confirmed

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:05 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Woohoo, i can not wait .... Do you think i am excited? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:35 pm

The comments responding to this on the news sites are absolutely hilarious. People don't seem to realise how long Green Day have been around....must be going on for about 20 years now.

Looking forward to this.....already have all the DLC though.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : GrahamOfTheDead
Number of posts : 4572
Registration date : 2009-10-30
TGD Reputation : 109
TGD Elite Member Points : 11097

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcadeThrowback Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 am

If they can give this the same beautiful treatment they gave The Beatles, it should be a cracking game. It's weird, but between Rock Band and Guitar Hero, they've managed to make band-specific games for most of my favourite bands. A Led Zeppelin: Rock Band would be nice, though. And maybe a DJ Hero: Chemical Brothers. bounce
ArcadeThrowback
ArcadeThrowback
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Unknown
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2009-01-31
TGD Reputation : 16
TGD Elite Member Points : 5975

http://www.ArcadeThrowback.BlogSpot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:02 pm

play.com have let slip that this will include the entire Dookie and American Idiot albums.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 pm

They have indeed and i for one and very pleased to hear that American Idiot is on there. I think it's there best album closely followed by 21st century breadkdown Smile

I can't wait for this game bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 am

My wife is getting very excited about this now!

I also like the sound of this bit

"All Green Day DLC can be imported onto your Green Day game disk, completing a third album - 21st Century Breakdown"

I guess this means that the DLC tracks already released won't be on the game, which is good for anyone who has got them!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:18 pm

Full tracklisting :The Warehouse

Dookie (1994)

* "Burnout"
* "Having a Blast"
* "Chump"
* "Longview"
* "Welcome to Paradise"
* "Pulling Teeth"
* "Basket Case"
* "She"
* "Sassafrass Roots"
* "When I Come Around"
* "Coming Clean"
* "Emenius Sleepus"
* "In the End"
* "F.O.D."

Milton Keynes

American Idiot (2004)

* "American Idiot"
* "Jesus of Suburbia"
* "Holiday"
* "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
* "Are We the Waiting"
* "St. Jimmy"
* "Give Me Novacaine"
* "She's a Rebel"
* "Extraordinary Girl"
* "Letterbomb"
* "Wake Me Up When September Ends"
* "Homecoming"
* "Whatsername"

Warning (2000)

* "Minority"
* "Warning"

Nimrod (1997)

* "Hitchin' a Ride"
* "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
* "Nice Guys Finish Last"

Insomniac (1995)

* "Brain Stew"
* "Jaded"
* "Geek Stink Breath"

The Fox Theater, Oakland

21st Century Breakdown (2009)

* "Song of the Century"
* "21st Century Breakdown"
* "Before the Lobotomy"
* "Last Night on Earth"
* "Peacemaker"
* "Murder City"
* "¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"
* "Restless Heart Syndrome"
* "Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
* "The Static Age"
* "American Eulogy"
* "See the Light"

Downloadable Content (not included)

* "21 Guns"
* "Know Your Enemy"
* "East Jesus Nowhere"
* "Last of the American Girls"
* "¡Viva La Gloria!"
* "Christian's Inferno"

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Shame there's nothing pre-Dookie, and only two songs from Warning?? Lame. Hopefully it'll be like The Beatles, and they'll put out the rest of the albums as DLC. I need to play Waiting, and Castaway!
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

No DLC Sad

Maybe for regular Rock Band?
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Leigh36295 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 am

Still sounds pretty cool. May have to invest in the instruments Smile.
Leigh36295
Leigh36295
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Leigh36295
Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2009-10-23
TGD Reputation : 198
TGD Elite Member Points : 10130

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Achievement list is out looks like I wont be good enough to get a lot of them though Sad linkage

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Louder Than Bombs and Eternity -- Hit 100% of the drum kick notes for "Brain Stew / Jaded" on Expert. 30G

Shocked
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Tue May 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Demo up on Live now.....
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm

I got my copy today Very Happy

*does air guitar*

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Same....
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Mine should arrive tomorrow... however i'm now going away forthe weekend and probably won't get chance to play it till sunday!
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:16 pm

This game is amazing - WORD!!!!

How you liking it Rickster?

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 pm

It is great Icey, me n the missus played through Dookie and American Idiot yesterday afternoon (only on medium mind).

We'll no doubt end up playing it again tonight!

And even better its only 2 days till we see them play at Manchester...
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  GrahamOfTheDead Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I like it, but it's too heavily weighted in favour of the last two albums. Yeah, we get the whole of Dookie which is amazing, but aside from that there are only 7 tracks that aren't from either 21st Century Breakdown or American Idiot. I know it's a cover, but Knowledge has been a massive part of their live show for years so I'm disappointed that didn't make it in.
GrahamOfTheDead
GrahamOfTheDead
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 am

I downloaded the 2 song packs yesterday - 6 songs = 880 ms - I think that is a bit steep for 6 songs LOL

Im still loving it tho - my fav track to play at the moment is Peacmaker Very Happy I have been cranking out the cheevies too - I havent touched the drums yet though Rolling Eyes

Rickster ........ I cant believe you are seeing them soon you lucky lucky b****** Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 am

x Icey Ice x wrote:Rickster ........ I cant believe you are seeing them soon you lucky lucky b****** Very Happy

According to yesterdays paper there are still tickets left for tomorrow!

I already had the 2 song packs, my missus made me download them for RB2.

So far i've only played Bass, and the wifey was playin guitar, might crank the Drums out later though
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:47 am

OMG so there is ..... there is tickets at Old Trafford Cricket Ground Shocked ...... im tempted Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum