The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title Update 5? (GOW2)

Go down

Title Update 5? (GOW2) Empty Title Update 5? (GOW2)

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Your friend and mine Executive Producer at Epic for Gears of War 2 Rod Ferguson has made an official post on their forums heralding some of the fixes in Title Update 5.

I haven't experienced half of the "problems" or cheats he talks about here... but in the recent double xp labour day weekend I got into a public match where EVERYTHING was four times the usual. Everybody had four grenades, four times as much ammo etc and the opposite team (but not us?!?) moved four times as fast as we did! My team ended up camping at spawn with chainsaws and they just flew into it... we didn't win but we did get four times as much xp in that match. Very Happy

==============================
As I'm sure most of you are aware, there's been a rash of cheating going on and it looks like it's due to a security vulnerability that was introduced in the previous title update. We've fixed the problem and are working hard to get the latest title update with the fix tested and certified.

Beyond the hacking fix, there will also be some other awesome improvements and fixes in TU5. As an example, we've fixed "sticky walk", we've fixed the Subway exploit and we've added the ability to see friendly planted grenades in Tac/Com.

I'm sorry for those of you that have been affected by cheaters and we'll be doing everything we can to rectify it.

Thanks,

Rod.

Back to top Go down