The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum fun [Challenge Time]

2 posters

Go down

Forum fun [Challenge Time] Empty Forum fun [Challenge Time]

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:38 am

I have been thinking and I wonder if we could spice things up around here, it's "Gamerscoreaddicts" right, so hows about we have ourselves a little challenge, Earning a set amount of gamerscore [For the scorewhores among us anyway] within a week and the winner gets some kind of reward [set by the admin of the site] for the Non Scorewhores among us there could be another challenge for example playing through the hardest game you own in a bid to complete it in one week.

I have many other ideas but would like some input on these first.

Let me know your ideas and maybe we can get some more creative thinking going.

Creatively always thinking outside the box
Anarchy.

Back to top Go down

Forum fun [Challenge Time] Empty Re: Forum fun [Challenge Time]

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 pm

I think its a good idea.
But I think we should all play the same games, otherwise those that play avatar etc would have a huge advantage.

I personally am snowed under with review games right now, so would not be able to play.

I will offer up a prize game if you get at least 20 members sign up though.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:I think its a good idea.
But I think we should all play the same games, otherwise those that play avatar etc would have a huge advantage.

I personally am snowed under with review games right now, so would not be able to play.

Of course for challenges such as this all easy 1000 point games are not allowed, everyone who signs up will need to make a note of their gamerscore before the challenge posting it up on the site so the admin can see and then posting the score up after the week has elapsed for the admin to decide who has gained the biggest increase.

Back to top Go down

Post  msross Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Anarchy wrote:

Of course for challenges such as this all easy 1000 point games are not allowed, everyone who signs up will need to make a note of their gamerscore before the challenge posting it up on the site so the admin can see and then posting the score up after the week has elapsed for the admin to decide who has gained the biggest increase.

thats acutally pullable from 360voice.. You can set up a comp within 360voice & invite just the people into it.. 360 polls on that day & then everyday after that..

equally, I've a program here that is doing the same thing, just haven't got a front end for it - If anyone's a html coder, feel free to contact me as there's some good uses for this site with it.
msross
msross
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : msross
Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-07-16
TGD Reputation : 20
TGD Elite Member Points : 5831

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:20 pm

msross wrote:
Anarchy wrote:

thats acutally pullable from 360voice.. You can set up a comp within 360voice & invite just the people into it.. 360 polls on that day & then everyday after that..

equally, I've a program here that is doing the same thing, just haven't got a front end for it - If anyone's a html coder, feel free to contact me as there's some good uses for this site with it.

I know it's pullable from 360 voice but I wanted to do something similar inside GSA as well, 360 voice is a seperate ideal for everyone, this is a GSA based competition without the actual competition more fun and whoever has the biggest increase will get a reward, The 360 voice group I started will be doing challenges but only with the people who sign up to it, this way everyone gets to have a bit of fun and posisbly even win something.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Good idea and a great way to generate some activity! cheers

But.... on a very personal note I'm going to turn negative and say I wont be taking part just to let you know.
I'm a lazy bum and although I love the ping of cheevos I'm not particularly competitive and can't be arsed to chase 'em. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:20 am

Lefty Redbeard wrote:Good idea and a great way to generate some activity! cheers

But.... on a very personal note I'm going to turn negative and say I wont be taking part just to let you know.
I'm a lazy bum and although I love the ping of cheevos I'm not particularly competitive and can't be arsed to chase 'em. Very Happy

That's ok there is always going to be other challenges you can enter and I'm sure we as a group can come up with challenges to suit any and everyone on the forum, I'll set up a thread about this and see how much interest we actually have.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:49 am

I'll spread the word and if there's anything I can do to support it.... you know, apart from actually taking part Embarassed .... just let me know!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum