The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here

4 posters

Go down

Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here Empty Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:00 pm

One of the nice things about Games with Gold is that it gives us Xbox gamers a chance to play – totally for free – not only the biggest titles, but also the awesome indie stuff that they might have missed.

As usual, all games are only available for a limited time, as part of the ongoing Games with Gold program, so don’t let the post-holiday malaise slow you down. Get downloading!

* Hand of Fate ($19.99 ERP): Available from February 1-29 on Xbox One

* Styx: Master of Shadows ($29.99 ERP): Available from February 16-March 15 on Xbox One

* Sacred Citadel ($9.99 ERP): Available from February 1-15 on Xbox 360

* Gears of War 2 ($19.99 ERP): Available from February 16-29 on Xbox 360

Hand of Fate is, without a doubt, one of the most unique game designs you’ll ever come across. Combining deck-building, tarot cards, choose-your-own-adventure, brawling, and role-playing elements – along with a bizarre and memorable narrator/villain – the game manages to get just about every single one of its elements totally right, and it delivers an absolutely amazing experience. The sense of “just one more card…” permeates every gameplay session, and when you’re in the middle of a Hand of Fate game, you’ll find the hours just slipping away as you improve your character, and go again and again against the dealer.

For a more traditional gameplay experience, you’ve got Styx: Master of Shadows, in which you take on the role of the titular goblin Styx as he attempts to infiltrate the heavily fortified Tower of Akenash and steal the Heart of the World. In so doing, he discovers not only the hidden secrets of magic and the world he’s in, but also his own origins.

Styx’s story compelling, and the gameplay keeps you engaged because of the hero’s varied abilities – including traditional stealth, invisibility, and an interesting cloning power that he can use to create a diversion or infiltrate an area with no risk to his own life. Puzzles are emergent in Styx, so no two games will be quite the same. Definitely a challenging and interesting experience for the cerebrally inclined.

For those who are more interested in just busting heads, however, the Xbox 360 offers two awesome Games with Gold titles in February. First off is Sacred Citadel.

A brawler set in the medieval world of Sacred, in which swords and sorcery coexist in an ever-shifting landscape. With three-player cooperative combat, plenty of loot to collect, tons of enemies to take down, and four different characters to master, you get plenty of content to keep you hammering away with your friends for hours on end.

Games with Gold is also giving you Gears of War 2.

The second installment in the landmark third-person shooter series, Gears of War 2 puts you back in the heavily armored shoes of Marcus Fenix as he, Dom Santiago, and the other members of Delta Squad take the fight to the Locust army, battling their way into the depths of Sera to strike at the heart of the enemy. It’s just a few good soldiers against enormous odds – but if you feel like taking a break, you can always go online with Gears of War’s acclaimed cooperative multiplayer mode, Horde, or play a range of intense competitive multiplayer modes against players around the globe.

Last edited by ScotsGamerGeek on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some youtube videos)
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3504

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here Empty Re: Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here

Post  Tenlo Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:21 pm

Although I have both Sacred Citadel and Gears 2, I've been interested in Hands of Fate and almost purchased it recently. I enjoyed the original Of Orcs and Men so Styx was on my radar too, so pretty chuffed next week, sadly they'll just add to the backlog!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11936

Back to top Go down

Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here Empty Re: Roses are Red, Gamers are Gold: February’s Games with Gold are Here

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:52 am

I posted this earlier! ha ha

Your posted is more pretty and detailed though........Scott
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25624

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:11 pm

KENT HAMMER wrote:I posted this earlier! ha ha

Your posted is more pretty and detailed though........Colin

sorry but I didn't notice your post.. p.s I corrected my name . LOL
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3504

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Excellent, I was quite interested in Styx when I first saw it, thanks for the info!
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7464

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Link to my review of Styx-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25624

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum