The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1

+2
minkey_monkey
ScotsGamerGeek
6 posters

Go down

Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1 Empty Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:53 pm

The BBC has commissioned a brand new monthly Radio 1 show dedicated to video games.

The programme – simply called The Radio 1 Gaming Show – is currently set to start on Friday March 11th and will be presented by games media personality Julia Hardy.

The show is aimed at ‘young gamers across the UK’. Each episode will focus on a specific title, but will also
feature games previews, exclusive first looks at new titles, and catch-ups with new releases in development.

It follows a special gaming show, which aired on Monday, December 28th on Radio 1, and was also presented by Hardy.

“Radio One has wanted to do video games for a very long time,” the BBC’s head of visual radio Joe Harland told MCV.

“But games are a very difficult thing to get right, particularly when you are a radio station and the audience can’t see what’s happening. Now Radio 1 has an iPlayer channel on your TV, on all your devices. So we have our platform, we’ve got a presenter in Julia Hardy, who is brilliant and great at all the different disciplines of broadcasting that we need her to do, and has significant expertise.”

He continued: “The young gaming audience wants programmes about individual titles. You want to make specific programmes about specific titles, creating content for specific types of gamer. What we don’t want to do is go out and say ‘this is a show for literally every gamer’, because I don’t think it’s possible to do something so broad. What we’re doing is a monthly programme that can excite specific types of gamer.”
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3514

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1 Empty Re: Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1

Post  minkey_monkey Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 am

If it was on, on my drive home I would listen, but not something I would go out of my way for otherwise.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1 Empty Re: Monthly video games show coming to BBC Radio 1

Post  Colne Crusader Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:28 am

Sounds like a show for fifa and fps's basically. With the odd smattering of mobile and browser games.

Fair play. At least it shows that gaming is becoming an ever more important part of daily culture.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Hmmm, I could be tempted with this
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7474

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:11 pm

One of the London radio stations have been doing something similar for a while now they put them up as a podcast [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5251

Back to top Go down

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:15 pm

I will check it out. Cheers..
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3514

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  watty8883 Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:03 am

Don't trust em. They could be describing any old rubbish and making it sound good without us being able to see for ourselves Shocked

watty8883
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Watty8883
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-11-16
TGD Reputation : 5
TGD Elite Member Points : 5533

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum