The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content

4 posters

Go down

Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content Empty Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:53 pm

EA and DICE finally laid out their almost-complete plans for Star Wars Battlefront's post-launch content, and there's even good news for folks without the season pass: a handful of new maps and new features are on the table for all players.

But first, about that pass: each of its four packs will be themed around a location from the Star Wars galaxy. First up is the Outer Rim in March, which includes "the factories of Sullust" and a fight inside Jabba's Palace on Tatooine, just like good old Battlefront 2. Then it's off to Bespin in the summer for urban battles across Cloud City. The Death Star pack will be completed (even if it looks like it's still under construction) in autumn. There's also a fourth pack planned for early 2017, though EA and DICE don't have a title or any other details to share about it yet.

Now back to the free stuff: starting tomorrow, Star Wars Battlefront will get a rotating selection of Daily Challenges and Community Events, offering players bonus credits in exchange for completing set goals. It will also finally add support for private matches. Both Luke Skywalker and Han Solo will get new Hoth-appropriate outfits, so you can re-enact the infamous tauntaun scene (minus the tauntaun) right in the middle of a Walker Assault match. Last but not least is a semi-new map: the Tatooine Survival Map, now named Raider Camp, will be made playable in the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains modes. Check the official forums for more granular changes coming in tomorrow's update.

The free stuff will continue in February with a new Survival mission on Hoth and an all-new Hoth map for Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point. Turning Point mode, which was first introduced in the Battle of Jakku DLC, will also be enabled on all maps that support Walker Assault and Supremacy. Then DICE plans to add a new Endor map with support for Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning point in March, as well as another Tatooine Survival map. Notably, this free content outline ends right as the Season Pass begins - hopefully DICE has more planned and just isn't talking about it for the moment.
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3514

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content Empty Re: Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content

Post  chrism1066 Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Great info mate, thanks for the update!
chrism1066
chrism1066
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : Chrism1066
Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2009-03-04
TGD Reputation : 25
TGD Elite Member Points : 6953

http://z13.invisionfree.com/blue_oval_enthusiast/index.php?act=i

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content Empty Re: Star Wars Battlefront: post launch content

Post  ScotsGamerGeek Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 pm

It makes it sound really good what you're getting if you play Star Wars Battlefront. I don't have it but I get the impression its good.
ScotsGamerGeek
ScotsGamerGeek
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : ScotsGamerGeek
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2016-01-05
TGD Reputation : 9
TGD Elite Member Points : 3514

https://scotsgamergeek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am

I've not played it as much as I expected to. Not because there is anything wrong with it. But just because the time I've had gaming has been spent playing/finishing other games.

Look forward to playing the extra free stuff though. I'm still no intending to buy the Season Pass until its in a sale for a decent price. As I object to doubling the price of a game via DLC packs.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks for the update mate
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7176

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum