The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review

+4
KENT HAMMER
Sedgendary
Waggly Bean
LethalThreat74
8 posters

Go down

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Empty Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review

Post  LethalThreat74 Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review
Released by : Eclipse Games
Available to Download now at £7.99
Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Banner10

Super Toy Cars is a table top racer in the styles of Micro Machines and dare I say it Mario Cart. You race around tracks made up of everyday objects and power ups that you can use against the opposition. There's an option to let you change the camera view from standard to overhead cam. Lots of cars and paint jobs to unlock over 48 events and 12 tracks in career mode and you get to compete with three of your friends, as long as you're in the same room.

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Maxres10

Super Toy Cars even the title brings back memories of myself and my brother lashing together piece after piece of plastic track to launch our toy cars down. The possibilities were endless and we almost made it to the back garden via the upstairs windows, if only we hadn't ran out of tracks. Which to be honest is exactly how Super Toy Cars makes me feel.

First off I want to say some positive things about Super Toy Cars and not dive straight into the fact that it has no online multiplayer or track editor that the same game on the PC has but, my brain just will not let me. Why would you take a game strip it of possibly two of it's most fun features then release it on another medium. Is this some kind of weird experiment from the people at eclipse gaming who knows?.
I can only hope that at some point these may be available in a forthcoming update.

Right now onto the positive stuff, Super Toy Cars is damn good old fashioned addictive fun and I for one couldn't stop playing it. You begin in career mode on you're first race. You're waiting at the start line you hit your accelerator, the lights go green, the tyres screech and you hear the worst engine sound ever. It's ok though because the cars begin to space out the speeds building and the music kicks in and It's good folks. A soundtrack that compliments the gameplay nicely.

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Zlcfzs10

There are 48 different events to unlock and race through in career mode with 4 different types of race. There's a straight race to the finish, an elimination where the last place driver gets eliminated until there's only one and a couple of different time trials. Coming first will award you more points and credits to unlock further tracks, cars, upgrades and paint jobs. The tracks and events themselves are fun, my personal favourite was using a melon wedge to drive up and around the corner faster on the kitchen themed track. However they do become repetitive at times and lacked the ability to interact with the environment. Occasionally sweets would roll on to the track or use a melon wedge to corner, it really left me thinking .....

"Looks like we ran out of track again Steve!" (Steve is my brother)

During the race you have other drivers to contend with and colliding with these can really cause problems, the crash mechanics are pretty crazy but this is an arcade game not a simulation so its forgivable. There are power ups available around the track these include a giant 8-ball that looks pretty awesome, a guided missile which was probably the most effective and finally, an oil slick and flip trap that bought up a neat little rear view cam when dropped. Unfortunately the pickups were not stackable so you needed to use them or lose them.

My favourite aspect of the game was the nitro and drifting learning how to combine the two left the AI drivers look useless. Your nitro gage is filled when you either drift or get some air. Using your nitro then drifting refills it so if you maintain a good drift combo on some of the tracks it possible to continuously nitro. This is where the multiplayer would of excelled. All is not lost though folks. That's right getting a few friends round for some split screen action was awesome fun.

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Ss_34f10

Graphics in game are nice, colourful, vibrant and arcade like. They fit in nicely with gameplay and some of the tracks had some high shine and rain effects which gave the game a nice feel. During career mode you'll unlock various vehicles, upgrades and paint jobs. I really liked the fact that the different cars drove completely differently and the paint jobs were fun and a nice touch.

I'm sort of like a teenager who needs to clean his room, I really like a bit of incentive and Super Toy Cars does this nicely the achievements pop regular and just when you thought that's it I'm done, another pops and there you go your hooked again. Achievements wise you're looking at a full 1000G that's not going to be a problem for your average gamer.

In summary people I'm giving STC an 8.9 pieces of plastic track out of 10. Due to the lack of multiplayer and track creator.

"We never made it to the garden Steve!"
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4636

Back to top Go down

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Empty Re: Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review

Post  Waggly Bean Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Nice review, I love me a bit of Mcro Machines so this might be one to grab in future!
Waggly Bean
Waggly Bean
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Waggly Bean
Number of posts : 3382
Registration date : 2011-04-21
TGD Reputation : 22
TGD Elite Member Points : 8557

Back to top Go down

Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review Empty Re: Super Toy Cars - Xbox One & PS4 Review

Post  Sedgendary Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Nice review mate, will likely look into getting that at some point
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5251

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Good work mate, I really enjoyed maxxing this myself and found it very addictive Very Happy
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Kev Lar 1 Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Nice review Lethal.
Kev Lar 1
Kev Lar 1
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Kev Lar 1
Number of posts : 3259
Registration date : 2009-01-26
TGD Reputation : 70
TGD Elite Member Points : 9473

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:25 am

Looks like a decent game. Will certainly consider getting this.

Nice one Lethal Bizzle.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzamann Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 am

Nice review mate, might have to get this
dazzamann
dazzamann
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : dazzamann
Number of posts : 1490
Registration date : 2009-02-22
TGD Reputation : 13
TGD Elite Member Points : 7176

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:33 am

This great game is out today on PS4!
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 am

I really want to try this, reminds me of micro machines game when i was a kid Smile
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7474

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Makes me wish I had a ps4 so I could play through again.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4636

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down