The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review

3 posters

Go down

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Empty Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Oneech10

A game by XSeed and D3 Publisher
Released 28th August 2015

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos is the latest escapade for our favourite Bikini clad Zombie killing ladies, and the first on new gen consoles. The game is a gratuitous and shameless hack and slash fest where you traverse the linear levels wiping out large hordes of undead using various swords, chainsaws and other weapons. Presented in the popular grindhouse and exploitation styles, this B-movie game is a visual feast of blood, gore and scantily clad femme fatales.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review 031010

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Onecha10

Aya, Kagura, Saaya and Saki are the four lovely ladies in question and the action is punctuated by their brash, no holds barred exchanges. These two sets of sisters are some angry girls, and their personal rivalries often threaten to boil over, but always end up with a bit of sultry teasing and pouting in the end.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Oneech11

Onechanbara has always been a low budget presentation and is priced as such. This is very much a B-Movie game. The sisters' character models are pretty, and there are some nice visual effects but everything else is pretty darn ugly. The Zombie hordes and evironments wouldn't look out of place on a PS2 to be honest but that is the Onechanbara way and this game is about the un-adulterated action and fun. X-seed intend Onechanbara to be this way and it is not to be taken too seriously.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Onecha11

The game provides you with many tools with which to reap Zombie death (Undeath). The four girls handle very differently and have different specials abilities. There are also a number of special states that allow you to unleash various attacks. Stain mode which is a stalwart of the series is where your weapon gradually gets clogged up with blood over time and you have to wipe it clean at opportune moments to retain it's effectiveness. Alternatively you can allow the Stain meter to fill, which allows you to unleash a berserker mode which can see your character transform into a sort of demi-god type vixen.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Onecha12

Onechanbara provides you with enough tools to hone your zombie killing skills and become a more technical slayer as you become more experienced. Weapons can be purchased as well as accessories in the form of clothing items and a variety of rings that can be equipped to make you more powerful. Quite often though, things usually descend into a manic button mash session and you can pretty much get through the game this way to be honest. The camera can often lose track of things but is not as bad as some reviewers have said if you learn to use the targetting system. There's a lot of fun to be had here but ultimately things can get a bit repetitive. The boss battles are probably the most controlled times of the game.

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Onecha13

Ultimately, you'll either enjoy Onechanbara or find it very mediocre. It's a game from a different culture, a culture that finds the B-movie, quirky styling very endearing. One must keep an open mind when reviewing such a title. Light on plot and production but high on fun and spectacle. If you fancy some hack and slash fun with budget stylings and brash quirky humour, then take a look by all means.

I award Onechabara 7 Fur thongs out of 10.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review Empty Re: Onechanbara Z2 Chaos - PS4 Review

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Good review mate

I have been enjoying playing this myself.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenlo Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:03 pm

I enjoyed the one on 360 once I figured out how to play it. Must go back and finish it at some point!
Tenlo
Tenlo
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Tenlo
Number of posts : 4825
Registration date : 2011-02-03
TGD Reputation : 187
TGD Elite Member Points : 11946

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Tenlo wrote:I enjoyed the one on 360 once I figured out how to play it. Must go back and finish it at some point!

If you enjoyed Bikini Samurai Squad, you'll like this Tenlo. It is far superior.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content