The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nolan North Replaces Peter Dinklage as Destiny’s Ghost

Go down

Nolan North Replaces Peter Dinklage as Destiny’s Ghost Empty Nolan North Replaces Peter Dinklage as Destiny’s Ghost

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Nolan North has been announced as the new voice of the Ghost in Destiny. Not only will the prolific voice actor play the role of the character in the upcoming The Taken King expansion, but he’s also re-recorded every one of Peter Dinklage’s lines from the base game and the previous expansions too.

Speaking to Game Informer, North - who you may know from like every game ever - said, “I was really excited to do this role. You want to give him as much personality as the world will allow, without making it unbelievable. There’s a fine line to walk there, and I think we found it.”

“They really wanted me to put my stamp on it,” North continued. “They let me bring what I wanted to the role. You have to give it your own spin. For that reason, I specifically said I didn’t want to hear anything that someone else had done, so that I didn’t have some preconceived notion of what it has to be. Instead, I just gave it my stamp, and let them direct me accordingly.”

“We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” added creative director Luke Smith.

Yup, you read that right, according to a seperate Game Informer report, Destiny’s new level cap is going to be 40. And it’s all going to be XP-based too.

Destiny’s currently uses a Light Level system that ties your progress into the gear you own. Following the release of The Taken King, you’ll level up in a more traditional manner, by shooting stuff and completing activities.

“The conflation of gear and character level led to this place where your identity was determined by things outside of your control,” said creative director Luke Smith. “We don’t want to do that.”

Destiny: The Taken King is out on September 15th.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25627

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: