The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch

+2
minkey_monkey
Sedgendary
6 posters

Go down

Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch Empty Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch

Post  Sedgendary Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:09 pm

343i have released a new patch for the Halo: Master Chief Collection which aims to solve some of the long running issues with the title. Here is a list of fixes in the rather large patch:

RANKING

• Made a variety of improvements to ranking consistency and penalties.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause a player to rank down excessively, such as dropping multiple levels after a loss.
  • Resolved an issue that caused a player’s rank to appear incorrectly.
  • Based on these improvements and updates, we’ll be resetting ranking for Halo 2: Anniversary, and separately, will begin to roll out ranks to additional playlists soon (we’re aiming for the next day or so), starting with the addition of ranking to the Team Slayer and Halo Championship Series playlists. We’ll be actively monitoring the ranking system across these playlists over the next few days to ensure that everything is working properly before adding ranks to additional playlists.

QUITTING & BETRAYALS

• Added new quit and betrayal penalties to matchmaking:
  • In ranked playlists, quitting a match is now treated the same as a loss. Quitting is defined as exiting the game in any fashion. If you quit a match, your ranking will be impacted, and this may result in dropping a level.
  • All quits and betrayals are being tracked automatically, and action is being taken against offending players who commit these offenses more than what is considered normal behavior.

HALO: CE

• Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games.
  • Updated Derelict to include the Rocket Launcher when selecting the “Classic” weapon set.
  • Made improvements to vehicle weapon accuracy.
  • Resolved an issue that caused incorrect bullet and grenade collision with an invisible object on the map Derelict.
  • Update the “Boxer” controller layout by switching the “switch grenade” and “throw grenade” buttons.

HALO 2 CLASSIC

• Resolved a hitbox issue where shooting an enemy’s weapon from the front would not cause damage.
  • Corrected the matchmaking Team Ball respawn modifier from “Inheritance” to “None.”

HALO 3

• Updated Halo 3 Forge to include editing for all game types.
  • Made significant improvements to Halo 3 audio, specifically in regards to weapon fire and sound effects.
  • Made improvements to Halo 3 multiplayer networking stability.
  • Made improvements to Halo 3’s controller “deadzones.”
  • Resolved issues that were causing Halo 3 multiplayer stats to not track correctly.
  • Resolved lighting and shading issues occurring on the “Sandbox” multiplayer map.
  • Resolved an issue where the “Begins with a Single Step” achievement did not unlock correctly.
  • Resolved an issue where the Golf Club object did not appear correctly in Forge.

HALO 4

• Resolved an issue where Primary Weapons could display in the Secondary Weapon slot after removing the Firepower Tactical Package.

PARTIES

• Made improvements to voice chat consistency, specifically in team-based matchmaking games.
  • Resolved an issue where a player may not hear another player via voice chat after completing a game.
  • Improved party functionality, specifically in regards to game invites and joinable states.
  • Increased the speed at which the roster populates with Xbox Live friends after completing a game.
  • Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on the “Leaving Matchmaking” screen for longer than usual.
  • Resolved an issue where players were unable to join immediately after becoming Xbox Live friends.

ACHIEVEMENTS

• Resolved an issue that caused "The Guardians Are Coming" achievement to not unlock correctly.
  • Resolved issues that caused complications with Spartan Ops achievements unlocking.

UI, STABILITY & MISC.

• Made a variety of improvements to UI throughout the title, specifically in regards to notification messages and stability.
  • Improved Playlist and Campaign Career Stats tracking for Halo 2, Halo 3 & Halo 4.
  • Made a variety of significant improvements to stability throughout the title.
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5251

Back to top Go down

Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch Empty Re: Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch

Post  minkey_monkey Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:35 pm

I haven't even played this and I want to tell them too little to late. Watching FBG getting frustrated with his favourite gaming series on release and each time after trying it again made me oddly angry and disappointed in them. I feel they rushed it and let the fans down who have invested so much into it and just have a very meh feeling each time I hear of a new patch.

Maybe I'm in a grumpy mood today, sorry for my negative post
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14212

Back to top Go down

Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch Empty Re: Halo: Master Chief Collection gets a new 1.6GB patch

Post  KENT HAMMER Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:57 pm

I have enjoyed playing this with Lethal, Sedge, Kev and Gambler so I am happy they keep improving it and tweaking it.

Its been very playable for many months now and these are only tweaks, but I agree they should of tested it more beforehand.

It is 4 games though not just 1 title.

KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25634

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:11 pm

You have hit the nail pretty much on the head with that comment minks, they knew the deadline as the whole idea was to get it released for Halo 2's 10th anniversary and they bit off more than they could chew with it.

From what I have heard it was a bit of a nightmare development though with multiple dev teams porting games from two very different platforms onto another, two of which are running two game engines at the same time, which didn't help with the state it was in at release.

I have also heard rumours that the reason it has taken so long for the game to work as intended is that some of the tech they are using requires the Xbox Windows 10 update to work correctly, no idea if that is actually the case but could explain a lot.

Kent - There is absolutely no justifying the state MCC was released in, Halo is Microsofts biggest internal IP and is the game that made the Xbox a recognised brand and a big player in the console space. And trust me when I say that the state it was in has nothing to do with the amount of testing done, having spent the last decade as a games tester of varying seniority, I can tell you that this was done purely on the basis of management saying it needs to be released on X date and that they could patch any issues post launch.
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5251

Back to top Go down

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:25 pm

It's nice to get the views of someone on the inside really. (Sedge). Otherwise we all just speculate and whinge without really knowing what happened. Not that it shouldn't be whinged about. Sounds like a travesty of a thing that shouldn't have been released in that state.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13386

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:57 pm

We've had some fun gaming sessions with halo and I'm hoping to have many more so any improvements are really welcome.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4636

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:15 pm

I might actually get back to playing this at some point.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13304

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum