The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members

+3
Darth Vivid
minkey_monkey
KENT HAMMER
7 posters

Go down

Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members Empty Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members

Post  KENT HAMMER Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Xbox One Preview Programme members have started receiving the April dashboard update in the first of two waves, with the first rolling out now and second to come next week. The latest update includes several new features, including more detailed achievement notifications.

Improvements to party chat will also be implemented, alongside better game hub links with content from activity feed items. You can get full details on the Xbox One April dashboard update below, courtesy of Major Nelson.

Party chat improvements – Party chat is being improved with troubleshooting guidance for Xbox One owners. The Party App will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication with particular party members.

Game hub links – Members can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game, and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements, game clips and screenshots. Finally, we’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.

Achievement notifications – With this preview release, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app. If you do choose to open up the notification to see the achievement details, we’ve also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25632

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members Empty Re: Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members

Post  minkey_monkey Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Halle'fuckin'lujah about time the seem to making some good and overdue implemented changes to party chat! Hopefully this time it will be the one!
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14210

Back to top Go down

Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members Empty Re: Xbox One's April System Updates Roll Out for Preview Members

Post  Darth Vivid Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:44 pm

I like the achievements update. Find it etremely frustraing having to completely stop playing to check out the cheevo you just unlocked.
Darth Vivid
Darth Vivid
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Darth Vivid
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-16
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5623

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTLPNWyV3dwGEl7KG7xUBg

Back to top Go down

Post  LethalThreat74 Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:18 pm

The party chat really needed sorting, also like the idea of the achievement info pretty cool thanks for the heads up.
LethalThreat74
LethalThreat74
Mildly Addicted
Mildly Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : LethalThreat74
Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2015-01-11
TGD Reputation : 27
TGD Elite Member Points : 4634

Back to top Go down

Post  Darth Vivid Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:42 pm

just installed the update. Need to test party chat!
Darth Vivid
Darth Vivid
unaddicted
unaddicted

XBOX Gamertag : Darth Vivid
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-05-16
TGD Reputation : 6
TGD Elite Member Points : 5623

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZTLPNWyV3dwGEl7KG7xUBg

Back to top Go down

Post  Tricky34 Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Lets hope they get the party chat fixed.

As for the Achievements I just hope the pop up doesn't get any bigger, as it can be a pain in the arse as it is sometimes. Although I do like the idea of knowing what the cheevo was for.

Maybe they could make some options available for the cheevo notifications? Such as size, screen position etc.
Tricky34
Tricky34
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Tricky34
Number of posts : 7255
Registration date : 2009-05-31
TGD Reputation : 152
TGD Elite Member Points : 13302

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Apparently the Party Chat is headed to dedicated servers and voice messages that are cross platform to Xbox 360 according to Eurogamer.net
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

XBOX Gamertag : Sedgendary
Number of posts : 1254
Registration date : 2014-10-01
TGD Reputation : 96
TGD Elite Member Points : 5249

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Literally just read that sedge, looks like a great move to be honest
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7472

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Yeah, I am kind of surprised they didn't have it on Dedicated servers already. And with the voice messages being cross gen I'm hoping they will get the party chat to be as I still have a few friends who haven't made the jump yet.
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm

if the ach notification gets anymore intrusive then I shall be very annoyed

Its already fucking stupid

Move it top right or top left ffs

I know that the fucktards who design cuntery like this have never played a game in their lives. Anyone who thinks a massive treble pop up flashing notification stuck bang centre where most action takes place is a good idea, should be removed from the industry full stop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sedgendary Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Everton wrote:if the ach notification gets anymore intrusive then I shall be very annoyed

Its already fucking stupid

Move it top right or top left ffs

I know that the fucktards who design cuntery like this have never played a game in their lives. Anyone who thinks a massive treble pop up flashing notification stuck bang centre where most action takes place is a good idea, should be removed from the industry full stop

On the 360 it was up to the dev on where to put the achievement box, most just kept it at the default location. I have never seen an xbox one notification anywhere else though so I assume that option is no longer available
Sedgendary
Sedgendary
TGD News Hound
TGD News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatboy Geezer Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Hahah, love your ranty posts everton, always make me smile.

Here is a videos that covers the update

Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7472

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum