The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolve Developer info from the TRS forums

Go down

Evolve Developer info from the TRS forums Empty Evolve Developer info from the TRS forums

Post  Fatboy Geezer Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Nice little read from the co-founder of TRS, SlabOmeat.

Okay, whew. Sorry it took me so long to get back to this guys. Things have been crazy busy. Here goes...

Ingoodhands:
The DLC releases for L4D infuriated your player base with their lack of timeliness. The sequel flat out shat on the incredible mood that was set out by its predecessor. It was trying to market itself to a community it had no business reaching out to.

For the record TRS created Left 4 Dead and we made the L4D DLC under contract with Valve after TRS split back out and went independent. We didn't have anything to do with Left 4 Dead 2, except for The Sacrifice DLC which we developed under contract with Valve.

Ingoodhands:
How much are you intending to further the development of this game?

We are planning to support the game with continued bug fixes, balance tweaks and continuing content. We plan to do this for as long as it makes sense to do so. I can't say exactly how long because we have no idea. I know this may sound like BS to you guys but the community is an active participant in the future of Evolve and a lot of our future plans are derived by how you guys interact with Evolve.

Ingoodhands:
-Are we done at 4 tiers of hunters/monsters or will we get upwards of 6, maybe even 8 each where the game will hold the capacity for some real diversity of team compositions and strategies?

We are not done at 4 tiers of hunters/monsters. There will be more. The exact number remains to be seen...and much of that depends on the communities appetite for more content.

Ingoodhands:
-Are you focused on tweaking current problems? Bug fixing isn't enough, not falling through a game world is one of the few things a community IS entitled to. But actual character/monster reworks until the game has some form of balance.

Yes. You're right, bug fixes aren't enough. We have balances tweaks being tested all the time.

Ingoodhands:
-How much of your staff remains? Marketing is gone, many of the art department workers are unnecessary at this point, but do you still have enough for continued growth or just temporary stability?

We didn't do lay-offs if that's what you're asking. In fact we're growing, we have loads of new open positions. We have enough work to keep us busy for the foreseeable future.

Our devs are very active here on the forums but we can't be everywhere at once. If anyone is ever curious about dev activity here allow me to introduce the "dev tracker103" link on the front page. Clicking on that will show you all the posts made by TRS devs.
Fatboy Geezer
Fatboy Geezer
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : Fatboy Geezer
Number of posts : 2861
Registration date : 2013-06-19
TGD Reputation : 65
TGD Elite Member Points : 7474

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum