The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite

4 posters

Go down

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite Empty King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite

Post  stubbymite Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 pm

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite Screen-Shot-2012-09-21-at-8.43.19-AM

King Oddball

10 tons Ltd

Review By StubbyMite

Summary

King oddball is a skill based physics puzzle game where the players aim is clearing the screen of enemies by throwing rocks that are swung back and forth by king oddballs enormous tongue.

Gameplay

King oddball is a game that is built upon the same style as angry birds and very much like my last review of tennis in the face which can be found here (Insert Link).

We play the game as king oddball and help him to take over the world, the primary gameplay features are done at just the touch of a button. The goal of each of the levels is to clear the screen of soldiers, tanks and helicopters while only using boulders and the king’s tongue and rocks to do so.

The king automatically picks up the rocks which we throw and his tongue will begin to swing backwards and forwards until we release the rocks at just the right time in order to clear the level.

The aim is to take out as many enemies with single boulders as we can, this is hard to get right the first few times that you play through the game as working out when the rock is released is the hardest point, but with playtime and practice you soon get there.

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite King-oddball-news-screenshot-e1348096886376

Graphics and Sound

The graphics in the game are in a 2d cartoon style, with the simple gameplay style the graphics in the game work very well. Strong vivid colours are used well and are bright and clear in style. With simple backgrounds and paler colours used this helps us concentrate on the core gameplay and taking out those enemies.

The sounds in the game are well worked as they are similar in style to that of the game tennis in the face in that different sounds come from different enemies when they are taken out.

The only thing that I would say about the sound is that there is a menu music within the game and if you leave this playing like I did a couple of times you will soon become annoyed when it is in your head the whole of the next day!

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite 13295005614_9953fb5c94_z

Trophies

Most of the trophies in the game are fairly simple, complete level with one rock and hit king with a rock are a couple of easy ones I have picked up. There are more that require a set number of enemies to be taken out but with natural progression through the game and some retries these can be easily mopped up.

The last few will see you gaining trophies for completing the worlds in which the king is trying to take over. The game is fairly simple and most trophies will be easily picked up but some levels as I am now finding are quite hard and some luck is involved in the way that rocks fall, but I am sure I will get there soon enough and get this one finished off.

Overall

I think that the game works well in what it is trying to be in that it is in the same mould as the angry birds of this world. I am a big fan of the easier puzzle style of game and will be playing this through to completion no matter how long it takes me.

I think this is a great little puzzler and a game I will enjoy as much as tennis in the face. I would give this game 7/10 as it has a lot of playability for me!
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10064

Back to top Go down

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite Empty Re: King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite

Post  Colne Crusader Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Good work Ray. Not my kind of game but seems a decent little jaunt.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13380

Back to top Go down

King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite Empty Re: King Oddball - A 10tons Game - Review by StubbyMite

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:58 am

nice work stubbs matey

thanks for your efforts

Back to top Go down

Post  TreeMunky Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 am

Nice review fella. Like the graphics style but not a game I can play. Missing the link to your other review Smile
TreeMunky
TreeMunky
Becoming Addicted
Becoming Addicted

XBOX Gamertag : TreeMunky
Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2012-01-30
TGD Reputation : 28
TGD Elite Member Points : 6697

Back to top Go down

Post  KENT HAMMER Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Stubby is the missing link Laughing
KENT HAMMER
KENT HAMMER
Site Owner & Admin
Site Owner & Admin

XBOX Gamertag : KENT HAMMER
Number of posts : 13825
Registration date : 2009-01-05
TGD Reputation : 578
TGD Elite Member Points : 25628

https://www.youtube.com/TheGamesDenTV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum