The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Games Den
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the web!
We are growing fast and I want to reach 1000 members before we cap it off.
Please do invite everyone on your friends list who is over 21 to join us
See you on live soon!
Many thanks,
Kent hammer
The Games Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th)

3 posters

Go down

Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th) Empty Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th)

Post  Colne Crusader Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Minecraft creator Mojang is now a Microsoft company.

The news was confirmed by Xbox boss Phil Spencer, who said: “It’s official, today we welcome Mojang to the Microsoft Studios family. We're excited for the possibilities ahead with the Minecraft community.”

The $2.5bn acquisition was announced in September, with a Mojang statement saying: “Change is scary, and this is a big change for all of us. It’s going to be good though. Everything is going to be OK. Please remember that the future of Minecraft and you – the community – are extremely important to everyone involved. If you take one thing away from this post, let it be that.”

Minecraft creator Markus Persson, who has as part of the deal left Mojang, insisted that “it’s not about the money, it’s about my sanity”, adding: “I don’t make games with the intention of them becoming huge hits, and I don’t try to change the world.

“I can’t be responsible for something this big. In one sense, it belongs to Microsoft now. In a much bigger sense, it’s belonged to all of you for a long time, and that will never change.”

Microsoft has previously pledged to keep supporting the many assorted versions of Minecraft across platforms such as PlayStation and iOS.

Source: mcvuk.
Colne Crusader
Colne Crusader
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Colne Crusader
Number of posts : 6893
Registration date : 2010-04-21
TGD Reputation : 158
TGD Elite Member Points : 13384

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th) Empty Re: Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th)

Post  stubbymite Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:11 pm

a lot of articles that I read on this people are worried Microsoft will ruin the game but lets see what happens
stubbymite
stubbymite
TGD ADDICT
TGD ADDICT

XBOX Gamertag : StubbyMite
Number of posts : 4312
Registration date : 2010-05-21
TGD Reputation : 90
TGD Elite Member Points : 10068

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th) Empty Re: Microsoft Officially completes Acquisition of Mojang (Nov 6th)

Post  minkey_monkey Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:52 am

In my option, as I already have this on the 360, one and ipad... They can do what they like. I have then aspic game now and I can't see them brining much to it other than packs so it won't really effect me. But I can understand PC players being concerned as I know on the PC it is a whole different experience.
minkey_monkey
minkey_monkey
Games Den Moderator
Games Den Moderator

XBOX Gamertag : Minkey M0nkey
Number of posts : 8100
Registration date : 2009-05-12
TGD Reputation : 204
TGD Elite Member Points : 14210

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum